1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Hatem Abd Elhamed

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jul 24, 2019.

Discuss Hatem Abd Elhamed in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looks good on the overlap..

Tommy25 and Seán Mac D like this.
  2. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think this could end up being a good bit of business.

Tommy25, Rydo1888* and callumrae1967 like this.
  3. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is that the 5 games he has played as a Right Back :fear:

Artorias likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No. :56:

5. Fully87

Fav Celtic Player:
    Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    sell Tierney for 25 mil, shift hayes to left back and turn the new guy mohammed into a right back, sorted typical Lawell stunt.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  6. CountyDownFaithful

Anybody know where Elhamed is with regards to fitness? Is he likely to feature in the St Johnstone or Cluj games?

Seen he apparently played well in a bounce game against Wolves today

7. LyleDavidson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson & Sutton - KT
    Fav Celtic Song:
    COYBG
    Would like to think he is fit to play as beer Sheva where also in Euro qualifiers

Tommy25 likes this.
  8. Keano88

If he isn’t ready to play this weekend then I wouldn’t risk him vs Cluj away.

9. duffyfaedenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    this guy is our right back all of us need too get this clear and watch him go HH

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    We certainly have added some height to our backline so far this summer. Like Lustig Elhamed is a big lad for a full back at 6'1 Bolingoli over on the left is a decent height at 5'11 and of course Julian in the middle is 6'5.

11. Murph-E

Lost Lustig, Benkovic and Boyata, all big guys.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FROM Nir Bitton to Beram Kayal and Eyal Berkovic, Glasgow’s green and white have a recent lineage of Israeli Celts. Hatem Abd Elhamed now joins the Paradise ranks with a clear raison d’etre – to impress, to win trophies, and to make history at the biggest club in Scotland.

A domestic champion in his home country, the 28-year-old defender knows what it means to play under pressure, to secure silverware and to perform in front of a passionate fanbase, and he wants to continue on that pathway with Neil Lennon and his new Treble Treble-winning colleagues.

Hapoel Be’er Sheva, Elhamed’s previous club, played Celtic in the play-off round of the 2016 UEFA Champions League. There, the Hoops overcame the competition 5-4 on aggregate in a closely-contested tie. Nevertheless, Elhamed retrospectively explained that friends at his previous club were overawed by the typically rapturous home crowd during the first leg.

“Once my friends at Be’er Sheva heard that I was signing for Celtic, they told me the atmosphere at Celtic Park on European nights is amazing,” Elhamed said in an exclusive interview with this week's Celtic View. “They played here in 2016 in a Champions League qualifier, and they said that they were shaking in the first 20 minutes.

“When I visited Celtic Park during the Nomme Kalju first-leg, it was so exciting for me. To have the chance to see the supporters and the atmosphere up close was amazing, and now I can’t wait to have that experience as a player.”

Visiting Paradise for the first time came off the back of three hectic days for Elhamed, as he secured a visa, undertook a medical and relocated his life to Glasgow. Upon arrival in Glasgow via London, the player was whisked from the airport straight to Celtic Park, where he was introduced to the Paradise faithful.

He then took in the second-half of last week’s emphatic 5-0 win from the stands, and explained that while certain beforehand, he was there and then convinced he’d made the right move.

“I had three days of sorting out my visa anf having my medical. It was pretty stressful! We flew to London, to Glasgow and then travelled by taxi straight to the game,” added Elhamed. “As a result, I missed the first half, but I was really impressed with what I saw in the second. It was an exciting day and my head was spinning.

“From what I saw in that home tie against Kalju, it’s clear Celtic have some very talented players. Hopefully I can be a part of that now and I can help bring more success from here on in. From here, I can get to know their mentality, their way of playing, their mindset, and I’m looking forward to that.

“The whole experience of first meeting the fans at Celtic Park was very exciting for me. It was amazing to walk out and see all the people in the stadium. I like it so much and it’s left me motivated to improve myself and show that I deserve to be here.

“After the Kalju first-leg, I went into the dressing room and said hello to everybody. They were very kind and welcoming. My family are so proud of me. This is a big club and it’s great to be part of it.

“As for myself, I first learned about a month-and-a-half ago that Celtic were interested in me. My agent spoke with me and told me, and I did everything I could to come here.”

13. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Yeah fair point. I guess replacing like for like from a height standpoint at any rate.

14. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

If this guy is meant to be a CB then we might have won a watch.

Those highlights showed him predominantly as an attacking fullback, and although it's only YT highlights he seems to have a great starting position, an awareness of when to go ahead of the ball and a decent final ball.

Time will tell but hopefully he is a good yin

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. jj81

He said himself hes a RB mate , but was played lately as a CB , but most his career and naturally a RB.

I like the look of him on the clips given that was at CB

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Could play well in a back 3 then hopefully

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tommy25 likes this.
  18. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Still need another one imo because Ralston isn’t good enough even as back up.

duffyfaedenny likes this.
  19. Damnati

Sexier already.

PaulM1888 and King of Kings like this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Big hunk of a guy.