1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Dedryck Boyata

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Boom Stick, May 31, 2015.

Discuss Dedryck Boyata in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Not conceding against Kilmarnock and Albion Rovers isn't exactly a glamorous stat.

2. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    I'm not saying he should be a first choice player but he's not done much to complain about all season.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

big chance for him now.

4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Could be decent back up for the league, don't think he'll stick around though.

5. Pacific Ocean Blue

He'll leave in the Summer I think

6. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

It's all well and good saying we should give him a chance. He had plenty of chances last season and failed to impress consistently.

He's probably our 4th choice defender, arguably 5th if you include Lustig as a centre-back. He has no future here.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  7. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    getting game time so we get a fee for him simple as that either he comes an asset for us or goes for money win win situation

8. BelfastCelt88

Hopefully shifted soon enough, not good enough.

9. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

That was under Ronny mate, there was plenty others you would have seen out the door under him. The difference is Rodgers, he's turned Forrest and Armstrong around I don't see why we can't give him a chance with boyata.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DEDRYCK Boyata’s game-time in the 3-0 win over Albion Rovers on Sunday came as a result of his consistent hard work on the training field, according to Brendan Rodgers, and the Hoops boss insists it’s down to the Belgian internationalist to keep it up if he wants more minutes at Celtic.

Signed from Manchester City in summer 2015, Boyata has only played twice under the current regime, including Sunday's game, but in both those performances, the defender has impressed his manager, who said the 26-year-old has all the attributes to succeed at Paradise, but stressed that nothing comes for free at the top of the game.

“He’s played two games for me, both on the astroturf field, and he’s done really well,” he said. “He didn’t have a lot to do but what he had to do, he dealt very well with.

“Sometimes those are the types of games where you have a great deal of defending to do, you can lose your concentration and then you can make silly mistakes that you shouldn’t.

“He hasn’t had many chances but what I’ve been impressed with are his qualities in training. He came into the game and showed all the qualities I like. He’s 26 and has to be getting to a stage now where he needs to want to be one of the two centre-halfs and I think he’s wanted to be that, but through injury at the beginning of the season and the form of others he hasn’t been able to.

“He put himself in the team, he’s now got to try to stay in the team. He has all the attributes that I really like. He’s tall, good in the air, brave, he has personality, technically he’s strong, he can play off both feet, he passes it well, he steps in with the ball at the right moments. He has every tool to be a top-class centre-half at a big club.

“He’s played at Manchester City as a young player so he understands pressure and now has a chance here maybe to stake a claim in the team, but that will come from his training application. He’s been brilliant in training and I was pleased for him and now it’s up to him.

“In every position there’s competition here so every day players have to be at their best because if they’re not, then there are other players to come in and take their place. We’ve seen that over my time here behind the scenes, the real competition we have in training, so it means everyone playing has to be at their best because there’s someone else to come in, and that’s the way you want it.

“You have to push every day in training and be as competitive as you can, try to be the best you can be and it not only improves your own game, but improves others around you.”

PaulM1888 and Mince.Charming like this.
  11. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I just don't think Boyata 'has it'. I'd love to be wrong.

Pablo87 likes this.
  12. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    What you can read from recent media chat is that we are struggling to punt the player.

13. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I agree.

Feel like it's becoming easy just to blame Ronny for everything. Boyata struggles with basic passes. That's not Deila'a fault.

14. cambridgebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Chris Sutton
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As a signing it made sense, he had a good reputation as a kid and that was worth a gamble, it just hasn't worked out. The fact he is still in and around the Belgium squad shows there is something there, I just doubt we will see it at Celtic, I am sure he could have a decent career somewhere else. Anyway, we have 2 fine centre halves in front of him now and I would expect at least one more to be brought in for next season.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That why the biggest club in Belgium are 'reportedly' after him?

16. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Nothing concrete, mind. Although, I agree that he'd certainly have his suitors if we were actively trying to flog him.

I don't think he's good enough and want rid when we have lined up a better player.

17. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I don't disagree but I don't think anycunt should be judged on last season.

18. hakumeikirameki

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever: The King; Now: Leigh Griffiths
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Running in cruise control again today. Almost scoring, and a * outstanding tackle.

19. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good first half from the big man.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So unlucky not to score and his tackle just after that was exceptional. One dodgy distribution moment with KT but other than that he's been * solid. Fair play.