1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

David Turnbull Fails Medical

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Twisty, Jun 21, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull Fails Medical in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    This * better hit the ground running after all this pish that he's created. The fans wont take long to turn on him after all the * about he's been doing. He's very very lucky that Celtic came back for him. Im mostly thinking we should have telt him where to go. He's a lucky lucky guy

2. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    I've not got a clue for next year, sure Lenny always played a 4-4-2 but imo CM might be our strongest position so a 3-5-2 would probs best suit us , Forrest an KT in the wing backs?

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  3. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    My prediction:

Turnbull signs for 3.25m this week.

Lawwell sells him on last day of transfer window for 3.5m.

#HealthyBankBalance

4. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    McGregor
    Christie Turnbull
    Forrest Édouard Shvred

It never hurts to have too many options across midfield. Really hope this signing signals the return of McGregor in the number 6 role though.

shaunm likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

NEIL LENNON was as shocked as anyone else by David Turnbull’s sensational U-turn to snub Norwich for Celtic.

But now this astonishing transfer saga appears to have finally concluded with a result for the Hoops, the £3million midfielder is being challenged to dazzle.

Lennon believes Scotland’s young player of the year can develop into the same kind of key star for the club as current heroes Kieran Tierney, James Forrest and Callum McGregor — plus the likes of Virgil van Dijk in the past.

Talking on the day the Ladbrokes Premiership fixtures for the 2019-20 campaign were released, the Celts boss said: “It’s subject to the medical.

Obviously, once it’s concluded I’ll be delighted.

“Yes I was surprised. I was under the impression he might have wanted to go elsewhere.

But then he’s obviously had a serious think and decided he wants to come to us.

“I spoke to him on two or three occasions after the fee had been agreed and, again, it was all very positive.

But David had to take advice from his advisors.

“There were a few twists and turns. But in the end the player himself decided we were the best option for him — which we agreed with obviously.

“To choose us over a Premier League club is quite a statement, from our point of view.

“David’s a fantastically gifted young Scottish player, so we want to try and get the best out of him in the coming years.

“He’s quick and he’s an impressive character the way he plays and the way he handles himself off the field. There’s a maturity about him for someone of such a young age.

“We’ve got a proven track record in developing players — and I think that worked in our favour. We’re hoping he’ll join the ranks of your Forrests, McGregors, Tierneys plus the likes of Wanyama and van Dijk.

“The type of players who have a great career here and also have a pathway of maybe progressing their careers even further.

“We need more goals from midfield and hopefully David will provide them. He’s a Stuart Armstrong type. I felt we were lacking that a bit.

“Technically, he’s proficient with both feet and manipulates the ball very well. He was too good a talent for us to ignore.”

Last week Turnbull and his agent Liam O’Donnell snubbed a Celtic offer of £12,000 a week — despite the fact he was only on £600 at Motherwell.

It sparked an indignant statement from Parkhead chiefs who bluntly told him they were ready to move on while some Celtic supporters promptly branded him greedy.

But Lennon has no worries now over the fans feelings about Turnbull.

He said: “I wouldn’t have thought there would be a problem with the fans. I think once he signs that will be it.

“Once the fans are aware he’s chosen Celtic over a Premiership club they will be very impressed with that as well.”

Lennon wants up to six new signings for the club’s push for a quadruple Treble — but, more immediate, the at least three or four for the Champions League qualifiers.

The initial Uefa deadline is July 4, less than a week before the first tie against Sarajevo.

Asked about how many more new faces chief executive Peter Lawwell can deliver, Lennon said: “I don’t know, maybe half a dozen.

“Certainly we’re looking in defensive areas to strengthen.

“It’s important to be patient. We are very, very calm.

“We are talking about it every hour of every day.

“No matter what people think of Peter, he has the club’s best interests at heart and is a very good negotiator.”

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

DAVID TURNBULL last night went through a stringent Celtic medical in Manchester.

The Motherwell midfielder was forced to travel south due to Scottish facilities being unavailable.

Barring any late hitch, Turnbull should finally complete his £3.25million Hoops switch today.

The 19-year-old was pictured in a Hoops strip at Celtic Park yesterday alongside Neil Lennon.

His former Well U-20s gaffer Stephen Craigan revealed the midfielder sent him a text expressing his relief that his future had finally been resolved.

Turnbull looked to be close to signing for Norwich before a U-turn saw him choose the Scottish champions

Lennon yesterday admitted he was shocked by the twist in the transfer saga.

He said: “Yes I was surprised. I was under the impression he might have wanted to go elsewhere.

But then he’s obviously had a serious think and decided he wants to come to us.

“I spoke to him on two or three occasions after the fee had been agreed and, again, it was all very positive.

But David had to take advice from his advisors.

“There were a few twists and turns. But in the end the player himself decided we were the best option for him — which we agreed with obviously.

To choose us over a Premier League club is quite a statement, from our point of view.

“David’s a fantastically gifted young Scottish player, so we want to try and get the best out of him in the coming years.”

7. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    So it was true about the medical in Manchester then, should see white smoke today. Thank * that's over.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    JC Anton likes this.
  8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    He's away to Manchester to avit.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I just got a *.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Has he secretly signed for City and we have loaned him for 2 seasons? :57:

ladbroke8 likes this.
  11. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Has he been seen since he went to Manchester? Just wondering if he's failed his medical, it genuinely wouldn't surprise me at this stage.

12. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Boy in ma work swears he seen him driving in parkhead last night, just round from CP, says he shouted his name and gave a wave and turnbull responded waving back, he took a pic but cant make out if its him or not

13. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Welcome........

14. technom8t

Fav Celtic Player:
    NAKA
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Here is the pic, dunno if anyone knows if he drives a BMW?

Attached Files:

15. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Could literally be anyone in that pic :56:

Murph-E likes this.
  16. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Fs that could be the groundsman :56:

17. DonnyCelt

Scary how long it takes us to sign a player. Other teams can declare and interest, agree a fee, do a medical and sign the player all on the same day. Us, we drag the * out of it

Not particularly relevant to the turnbull deal obviously but in terms of the medical and announce the signing we take forever

18. Mr. Slippyfist

What a load of * *, unless it's the last day of the transfer window...

Sean Daleer likes this.
  19. DonnyCelt

Was more a tongue in cheek statement but the point still stands about how we do drag the * out of our transfer dealings

20. Murph-E

* me that's Fabian Schar, I'm near sure of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.