1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Eboue Kouassi

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by 4-4-2, Jan 3, 2017.

Discuss Eboue Kouassi in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

The game against Zenit is the only time I've ever thought he could make it. Rank rotten. Punt

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Find it hard to criticise him after getting flung in there tonight. Was done no favours at all.

D'Ecosse likes this.
  3. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Thought Ntcham was far far worse

Twisty likes this.
  4. LloydsGamble

Did well for first half hour for sure. Looked far more composed than Ntcham who is a liability away in europe tbh.

Can't see him making it here though. I feel for him, I'd like to let the guy go out and try and get his career going elsewhere rather than rotting on the sidelines with us.

5. D'Ecosse

I agree - we all know Broony is special - but this guy should be getting opportunities against Dundee, Hamilton, St Mirren etc and given the chance to integrate into the team instead of waiting until Broony is crocked.
    Or when cruising to a 6-0 win against St Johnstone - Brown didn't even play and Kouassi not even on the bench for that game.

6. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Was the best out of a bad lot in midfield. The potential is definitely there.

simpy likes this.
  7. simpy

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,charlie nicklas(1st season)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    More game time looks a good one

8. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Missed the game but apparently he put a decent shift in.

As others have said... this kid should be starting games against some if the domestic dross... it keeps broony fit and helps his development.

Hed probably be gone if we had have spunked 4 million on uber tim mcginn.

Theres a player in there with great potential. BR needs to stop dicking around and give this kid a chance.

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  9. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
  10. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Keeps getting thrown in with no prior game time, same as Gamboa. Then folk judge him on the 1 game in 3 months before he disappears again.

Nah.

HTG, Gabriel, Tommy25 and 7 others like this.
  11. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    He was decent last night in a team who were a couple of gears behind, he needs a prolonged run in the team. being thrown in on the bigger games is doing nothing for his development, I personally think he could be great for us if given the chance

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  12. Grace

Some of his footwork was lovely.

He needs a run of games.

13. freitassen

BR does to him and Gamboa what the scottish national team manager does to Griffiths, throw him in extremely ungrateful or irrelevant games out of blue and then uses this to justify not playing him in games where it makes sense to do so.

14. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Don't understand the types of games he's playing in. Being flung in the deep end in Europe then is no where to be seen in the league and cups. Really don't know what rodgers is smoking.

Crilly likes this.
  15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

yep i dont understand why brendan does this to our players

gamboa isnt a great rb but hes better than lustig all our fans know this

eboue is raw but hes been here for nearly 2 years and has had a handful of games thats just pish

he also doesnt rate griffiths

it looks to me like hes either lost his enthusiam for the job/* off or is just off his head with pureist ideals of how we should play football
    everything about that team he sent out last night stunk off defeatism, does he want sacked ?

16. northeast67

Some great touches and shows for the ball, also gets stuck in.
    He needs to be in when browwns out, if hes not up to it loan him to a championship side like we did with McGregor.

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Would be interested to see him, Brown & Mulumbu if we're protecting a lead. Mulumbu and Brown don't mind breaking out a bit but still offer that cover for the defence. Might be how we need to go in Europe, as long as Forrest and another winger are on the park to support the striker.

Liam Scales likes this.
  18. D'Ecosse

BR said twice during the Press Conference today he thought Kouassi coming in cold having not played much (whose fault is that Brendan?) played very well
    Be interesting to see however whether he goes with McGregor beside Ntcham with Christie in the forward left mid, or Kouassi and McGregor in the more advanced role. A lot will depend on whether Tommy can start - if he does I think BR will go for McGregor and Christie. If he doesn't (* help us!!!!) then he really has no option but to start Kouassi.
    I would personally like to see Kouassi get the nod regardless to add some steel against that bunch of thugs with McGregor doing his best work as an attacking mid. In several of the 'Team-mates' features on CelticTV some players cited Kouassi as being one of the strong tacklers (along with Brown & KT)

I've looked at the first goal multiple times in slo-mo & stop-action - Before the cross is even played Kouassi actually tracks the runner in towards the cross extremely well and keeps himself between that runner and the goal; the ball is actually played BEHIND the runner and Kouassi makes a decent attempt to arrest his run and come back against his motion to try to cut out the cross. It's unfair to categorize this as woeful inadequacy to cut that out. More telling for me is both the position of and failure to intercept the ball and goal scorer by both Jozo and Boyata - Jozo is horrendously slow to even MOVE towards the striker OR the ball - Boyata is the one who should really have cut out this cross, had the entire flight of the ball to be in a position to intercept it.
    For the second goal, Kouassi actually DOES cut out the cross and is unfortunate that Ntcham then lays off the perfect 'pass' bouncing off his knee to the advancing runner. And for me, Gordon should have saved this one.

19. optimusmike777

him and christie were our best players last night. ive always like the look of kouassi.

20. SuperZidane

I agree - there seem to be an element of our support who want to blame Kouassi for any defeat - the Hearts match was a classic example. BR doesn't give the kid a run of games, throws him in for tough matches and then an element of the fans can't wait to have a pop. He should be loaned out ( preferably to Hibs or Kilmarnock) and we can see if he is able to perform in the SPL consistently. I've never heard any complaints from him - despite the fact that he hasn't been given a chance - he deserves one.

MagicBallBhoy likes this.