1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Arzani

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by aussiehoops, Jul 25, 2018.

Discuss Daniel Arzani in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. spitz

That goblin, Robbie Slater, is an EPL winning midfielder with Blackburn and has probably seen more of Arzani than anyone.

Doesn't really matter, Arzani and Rogic will more than likely be gone from late December through to February anyway for the Asian Cup.

2. spitz

Well,

Scotland is the 20th ranked league in Europe.

Global football rankings have Celtic as the 130th ranked football club in the world.

The other wingers:

Awer Mabil has started every game for FC Midtjylland this year (88th)
    Matthew Leckie has started 24 games for Hertha Berlin since 2017 (96th)

So maybe not tbh.

Bob the slob likes this.
  3. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Those rankings are absolutely meaningless.

4. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Dont care if he's won the ashes, pumped Arzani's maw and chocked his chicken to every Arzani montage on YouTube - He hasn't seen how Arzani shapes up against Sinclair, Forrest, Johnston, McGregor, Morgan, Rogic in Celtic training 5 days a week.

Simple as. When he impresses in training, he will get in squads.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
    cammy07, Tommy25 and Callum McGregor like this.
  5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You really are the worst type of football 'fan'

I bet you support an EPL team or Real Madrid/Barcelona. Utterly clueless drivel.

Where do you even start with this post :giggle1:

Liam Scales and Callum McGregor like this.
  6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Australians are like Americans when it comes to football. * clueless.

Stick tae cricket ya numpty.

Twisty likes this.
  7. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    What exactly does this headline chasing * have to do with us? I dont give a * if hes won the * grand national riding on tim cahills back.

Its obvious the * is making inflammstory statements about our operations and selections.

He knows * all about us... or our players who are rightly chosen before a youngster with * all minutes on the clock.

Epl winning midfielder.... ffs

Tommy25 and Callum McGregor like this.
  8. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Why is the user 'spitz' still allowed to post on here? thought this was a forum for celtic fans only. Also lol @ you comparing uefa rankings to anything, is that the same Mitjyland that bought one of our shittest defenders off us? Are you his brother/friend by any chance?

9. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I really really hope this kid turns out to be something truly special.

Dont think ive ever in my life seen such hype around a player with so few actual minutes on the board.

Whole thing smacks of fleckildinhio.

Tommy25 likes this.
  10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He barely scraped a winner's medal and was * off at the end of the season :56:

I'm cringing for you :56: :56: :56:

Spitz. More like slevers..

11. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    It's unbelievable desperation on their part..

I'm convinced they're clueless on football..

Cleanknickers and any of these other fannies who do articles with quotes off this forum can go check the player suggestions thread from long before we got him and I actually watched a fair few a league game's in the morning and said I liked him..

The delusion coming from them is something else though. He's barely played much football. Is a sub for a garbage, boring Aussie side that isn't a patch on former side's I've seen, nowhere near it..

Do I think he can do us a turn? Aye at some stage..

Do I think it warrants these arseholes from ex player's, pundits and clueless 'fan's' reacting like this? Does it *..

Is he better than Forrest? Lol..

Can he dislodge Rogic in the 10? Do me a * favour on levels :56:

Is he even better technically than Morgan? I highly doubt it..

Spare me the * about how he should be a guaranteed starter because he's only at a club like Celtic and we're not worthy..

Clowns..

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He’s never going to live up to the hype that’s been built up.

Tommy25 and Twisty like this.
  13. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Absolutely spot on.
    As they say on Oz... it’s tragic. :56:

14. Bob the slob

Go back and look at the 'we must discuss this Rogic situation' thread. It's full of Australians praising Rogic, getting ridiculed by smug Celtic fans with a misguided sense of superiority. Who was ultimately right?

This thread is remarkably similar, except y'all have swapped smugness for rudeness/immaturity. I don't mean to say Arzani will necessarily dominate (or even stand out) for Celtic, but as a general principle it's reasonable to have some faith in the judgement of people who've actually seen him play.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  15. Mr Cleansheets

Oh jeez...

As an Australian Celtic fan (who loves seeing Aussie boys get a go with the Hoops) it does my head in seeing the antics of those who come on here just to talk up the Aussie boys...even though I do it myself a little.

If you're not a Celtic fan, or at least prepared to be respectful on a Celtic forum. * OFF!!!

At the same time (Bhoys), I know you've been riled a tad by the enthusiasm of a few * on here but there's no need to bag Aussie football. The level is definitely higher than some on here would like to believe. Why else would you have seen the likes of Viduka, McDonald and Rogic?

Arzani is definitely worth his place among that lot on his talent, so it truly is very disappointing for Australians that he's not playing. If he can't get into the side by January then he ought to leave and find whatever his level might turn out to be, beyond the (possible) politics of Lawwell/Rodgers.

Play nicely guys.

Random Review and Zander like this.
  16. Pacific Ocean Blue

And swimming in waters infested with Great White Sharks*

17. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Exactly. We see the same thing in this country any time someone under 20 breaks in to any average/below average/hun team. I don't know if it's the hype that does it or if the guys are just generally overrated from the start, but you see so many that disappear barely to be heard from again.

I hope we see this boy at some stage as there's nothing more exciting than watching a winger taking on opposition defenders but it looks like it won't be happening anytime soon.

celticfan01 and Bob the slob like this.
  18. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    As celtic fans we want this kid to succeed more than anyone. Why wouldnt we.

The gripe is with * pundits on other side of the planet making up conspiracies and bashing our club because their "wonderkid" isnt selected.

They can * off.

As i said already... only * craig moore... who knows scottish football has stood up and said quite honestly that arzani has to earn his place.

If this kid turns out to be a fleckildinhio then the finger of these twats will be pointed squarely at us... instead of themselves... who quite possibly are setting this kid up for a fall. WE certainly hope not.

19. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    It is a fantastic achievement for a 19 year old to make a debut at the world cup and then afterwards come to join a massive club. I understand the frustration that the most hyped player in your country isn't making it onto the Celtic bench but you have to take a step back and realise that he's a teenager moving to the other side of the world playing in a different environment to what he is used to, and going through all sorts of lifestyle changes in all just under 3 months.

He has to now knuckle down and earn his spot in the first team like previous young winger (Mikey Johnston) did, you don't get a free pass into the first team because you played 60 minutes at a world cup and played 24 games (scored 2) in a league where Ross McCormack was 2nd top goal scorer and he left half-way through the season. Rory O'Donovan scores goals for fun in the Australian league- he played in Scotland twice, scored 2 goals in 25 appearances and the less said about Adam Taggart the better. I'm not trying to * on the a-league either, because it's definitely improving and they're some real talented attacking players in the league (Riley McGree, Joe Champness) but there has to be some perspective as the differences in the leagues- Generally speaking the attacking play in the a-league is much more exciting and open while in Scotland defending is more the focus. The physical side of the game is much more important here and a skinny winger like himself has to take extra care of his diet and training regime, something the club treats very seriously.

Maybe it would've been better for his development if he went to the likes of Aberdeen/Hibs but could you imagine the snobbery from the Australian media over a move like that? Hypothetically speaking if Arzani was starting for Celtic and doing well in week out the aussie media would be calling for him to move elsewhere as he would be too good for the league (as they do with Rogic- yet they don't know he only lasts 60 minutes a game). Damned if you do, damned if you don't, I genuinely feel he will get his opportunity in the next 2-3 months when he is more settled and the players coming back from European games need rested.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Rogic is the perfect example infact, we all knew he had talent, how many years did it take him to get up to speed mentally and physically?

Look how good Rogic is and it took him a long time to come to grips with it and even to this day his fitness levels could be better.

Now take Daniel Arzani who has never completed a full game in his life and hs saying he needs to get up to speed, are you really that arrogant that you think an unfit player could walk straight into our team? Regardless of talent.

That hard work from Rogic to get to that level is why he is the player he is. He’s making the most of his talent.