1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Emilio Izaguirre

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Scottish Celt, Sep 15, 2012.

Discuss Emilio Izaguirre in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    Like the sound of this bhoy, some saying he could be the next Izaguirre.

2. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

We'll have to disagree on that one, can recall a few horror shows. Wasn't good enough then, not got good enough now

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

We already have one called Kieran Tierney. An up and coming left back, provided they are any good, is unlikely to come here when they know they will be playing second fiddle to one of the best young left backs around.

Izzy is an experienced player who won't have to play all that often, but will be happy to be part of the squad. Ideal.

4. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He most definitely is good enough as back up. In fact I doubt we’ve ever had a better back up left full.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Welcome back Emilio :50:

bagforlife likes this.
  6. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Mind when he nearly scored a hat trick? :56:

M.E.T.H.O.D MAN likes this.
  7. celtic warrior

should never have left, welcome home ya sexy *.

Aussie_Dan likes this.
  8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

As a backup left back he ticks all the boxes.

As an experienced squad member he ticks all the boxes.

Artorias and Marie like this.
  9. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just watched that on Twitter :56:

10. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Happy to see him back.

11. M.E.T.H.O.D MAN Straight from the slums of Shaolin

Welcome home :58:

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. ddub11

Not a step forward for us.
    He,s a likeable guy but a cheap option for the club and lets be honest he,s past his best.

Sentinel likes this.
  13. TheHappyLoss

Up there with Lustig and Sammy as Celtic mad foreigners

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EI: “Yes, I’m happy to be back home. I was at Celtic for seven years and in my heart I only have love for Celtic, and I’m happy to be back home."

EI: “It’s a huge blessing for me to sign a contract for Celtic, and I want to say thanks to Celtic - the gaffer, Peter (Lawwell) and all the staff for giving me the opportunity.

EI on why he left Celtic: “It was difficult for me as I wanted to try and play more but, after one year, I understood that I never wanted to leave and it’s more important that I try and help the team at Celtic."

EI on @kierantierney1: "I’ve played with KT for five years & always tried to help him & we learned off each other. I’m happy to help him learn and I’m very happy for him as Tierney is my boy and I always tried to stay in touch with him and help him."

EI: "I'm happy to help him (@kierantierney1) progress and I want to help him become the best left-back in the world. I want to help Celtic, which is the most important thing."

EI: "He (KT) always wanted to be a big player. He needs to continue to work hard and keep doing the things he was doing last year, and he can be the best player in his position in the world

EI: . "Celtic is my home. I’m happy to help bring more players through from the Academy, and I’m happy that (@kierantierney1) plays the best he can. For me, it’s important to help the team in any way I can in, whether I play or not.

EI: "My focus is to play any minutes when the gaffer gives me the opportunity and always to be positive for the team."

EI: "For any player here, the most important thing is the team. We have a lot of competitions & a big game next week which we need to win. Whether you play or not, it’s most important that Celtic win.”

Rydo1888* and Tommy25 like this.
  15. honda Gold Member Gold Member

What a boy. Glad he's home.

Tommy25 likes this.
  16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

EMILIO Izaguirre has revealed that he wants to help Kieran Tierney become the best left-back in the world after returning to the club on a one-year deal, subject to international clearance.

The 32-year-old spent seven success-filled years in Paradise, before signing for Saudi Arabian club, Al-Fayha in the summer of 2017.

But in his heart, the Honduran never left Paradise and, 12 months on, he couldn’t disguise his delight at being back with the Bhoys.

With home-grown hero, Tierney, currently ahead of him in the pecking order at left-back, Izaguirre understands he may not start every week, but, for him, what’s best for the team takes precedence over individual ambitions.

And addressing the media on his return to the Hoops, he insisted that one of his responsibilities was to help Tierney, his former understudy, continue his development into a world-class player.

“Yes, I’m happy to be back home,” he said. “I was at Celtic for seven years and in my heart I only have love for Celtic

“It’s a huge blessing for me to sign a contract for Celtic and I want to say thanks to Celtic - the gaffer, Peter, and all the staff – for giving me the opportunity.

“It was difficult for me as I wanted to try and play more but, after one year, I understood that I never wanted to leave and it’s more important that I try and help the team at Celtic.

“I’ve played with KT for five years and I always tried to help him and we learned from each other, and I’m happy to help him learn.

“I’m very happy as Tierney is my boy. I always tried to stay in touch with him and help him, and I’m happy to help him progress. I want to help him become the best left-back in the world. I want to help him and Celtic, which is the most important thing.

“He (Tierney) wanted to be a big player. He needs to continue to work hard and keep doing the things he did last year, and he can be the best player in his position in the world.

“Celtic is my home and I’m happy to help bring more players through from the Academy and am happy that he plays the best he can.

“I can try to help the young players. I’ve played a lot of games for the national team and in two World Cups so I hope I can show the younger kids that.

“For me, it’s important to help the team in any way I can, whether I play or not. My focus is to play any minutes when the gaffer gives me the opportunity and always to be positive for the team.”

“The most important thing is that Celtic win every game. For any player here, the most important thing is the team. We have a lot of competitions and we have a big game next week which we need to win. Whether you play or not, it’s most important that Celtic win.”

Izaguirre embraced Celtic during his previous spell in Glasgow and he enjoyed a strong connection with the club’s supporters.

He and his young family became firm fans, something that never changed when he left, and the defender was adamant that he felt no disappointment at missing out on last season’s Double Treble achievement, only joy.

He said: “I’m never jealous. I’m always positive and I support Celtic, and I always tried to watch the games and I was very happy Celtic won the games and trophies. I support the team and my team-mates and now I’m a player again, I’ll try to help the team in any way I can.”

18. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    He was a fantastic player right up untill KT took over.

He will be good back up.

19. Bhoyyo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    jelly & icecream when rangers die
    So happy for Izzy and his fam coming home and it will be great to see him in a Celtic shirt harassing the opposition's defence again.

BUT

This should not give the Board brownie points whatsoever. This transfer window is looking like it's going to go down in history as the most lacklustre shitebaggery from the board we've ever seen:

We're cash rich, we have a calibre of manager we may never see again for decades who has delivered the double * treble, CL qualification would net us another 40 mil and the board can't scrape together 5-10 mil for a decent CB?

The worst part is they know that the on-field success will keep the fans satiated. No one's gonna do * all about it.

Forestbhoy66 likes this.
  20. Jeremie Frimpong

He’s our prodigal son, and he hates the Huns!

Tommy25 likes this.