1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Wee Shaun

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by mickcfc91, Jan 9, 2015.

Discuss Wee Shaun in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Ronny Deila has opened the door to a third spell at Celtic for Scotland star Shaun Maloney.
    Out of contract at Wigan this summer, Maloney was the subject of a failed £750,000 bid by Leicester City last week.
    Manager Malky Mackay revealed, however, that ‘four or five’ clubs were interested in the former Parkhead attacker.

+6
    Celtic are interested in signing Scotland and Wigan forward Shaun Maloney (left)

+6
    The Wigan attacker has spent two previous spells at Parkhead
    Speaking from Celtic’s winter training camp in Gran Canaria, Deila admitted the Scottish champions could be one of them.
    Keen to infuse his side with a hardcore of experienced, older Scottish players, the Norwegian said of the Maloney situation: ‘I am aware of all the Scottish players. He is a good player and is one we know about. He is at Wigan at the moment but we will wait and see.
    ‘I have seen him many times. He is a quick, creative player and is a very good person with a great mentality. He looks like a Celtic player.’
    Wigan are holding out for £1million in the current window. Deila has seen Maloney excel in the 4-2-3-1 formation he likes with Scotland, however, and could make a move even if current playmaker Kris Commons signs a new contract.

+6
    Celtic manager Rony Deila is understood to be one of 'four or five clubs' tracking Maloney

+6
    The Hoops manager wants to introduce more homegrown players, like Scott Brown (centre), into his side
    ‘I have always had six or seven older players in my team,’ he continued. ‘You can have a lot of (young) talent but it is insecure without leaders and they won’t develop. That’s why guys like Broony (Scott Brown) are so important.’
    Commons’ agent Martin Reilly has been invited to Parkhead for fresh talks aimed at breaking the stalemate surrounding his contract situation.
    Celtic are blanking calls from Neil Lennon’s Bolton in the hope of working out a deal to keep Commons – who is expected to fly to Gran Canaria after a family funeral.
    Asked if the player will stay, Deila said: ‘It’s hard to say, only he can answer that. We are going to meet his agent next week when we get back. He is an important player and we want to keep him.’
    Also reluctant to lose £8m-rated defender Virgil van Dijk, the Celtic boss remained confident of ending the transfer window with a stronger squad.

+6
    Kris Commons is yet to sign a new deal at Celtic amid interest from former boss Neil Lennon at Bolton

+6
    Dutch defender Virgil van Dijk (right) is on the radar of several clubs south of the border
    ‘I am confident we will be stronger by February,’ he said. ‘I speak regularly with Peter (Lawwell) and he has one goal - to keep every player we want to keep. It’s vital the squad is stronger. This is not the time to lose players, we want to bring them in.’
    Having been linked with Dundee United trio Stuart Armstrong, Nadir Ciftci and Gary Mackay-Steven, Deila joked: ‘I will buy the Dundee United team, and Aberdeen as well. That’s one way to do it, we could buy all of their strikers. But things are happening all the time. We are in a much better situation than we were in the summer.’
    Deila has also been linked with a raft of his former players in Norway, but is wary of importing any more of his countrymen after the failed loan capture of Jo Inge Berget.
    ‘I would choose to bring in Scottish and English players, especially in this window as they need to be able to make a difference straight away,’ he admitted.
    ‘British players know what the Scottish game is all about.
    ‘If I was to bring in a Norwegian player they would have to be very strong. It’s difficult to say if they are good enough so I would be anxious about bringing one in.

‘It’s something we saw with Jo Inge. Other managers have brought in Norwegian players who have been successful but it’s safer to bring in home players.
    ‘I have been impressed with the technique of the Scottish players, but also the attitude. They have a good mentality. It’s difficult for teams made up of different nationalities. It’s more individualistic in Scotland whereas in Norway it’s more systematic. If we can get a mixture of both then we can do very well.
    ‘We are not going to have the best players in Europe - but we can have the best team. That’s what we are working on every day.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ic-player-says-Ronny-Deila.html#ixzz3OMn1y4FC
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

2. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I reckon most would want him. Me? Absolutely not.

3. Koke

Bring him home Ronny.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Meh.

Bit wary of him saying he wants to look at 'English and Scottish players mainly'. Hopefully we continue to actively look on the continent as well.

Although granted it's a higher risk, if they can settle then your onto a winner and are likely to get more money for when/if they leave. Not to mention the fact it's often a better quality player.

5. C2911

No thanks.

6. Murph-E

Brilliant technique, but a very injury-prone guy approaching his mid-30s.

Also would restart the cringey "wee/young Shaun Maloney" talk, guy was still being called young at 27.

7. Soul Rebel

Fav Celtic Player:
    Commons/Sammy/Ledley
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony & Toy Town
    Would definitely do a job, he showed for Scotland he still has loads of ability.

8. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Too injury prone. Will stick with Derk and Forrest for now.

9. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Rather Ibraimi

10. TuffGong

Fav Celtic Player:
    leslie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    big leslie sticks da ball in da netty
    Even if he was playing like Messi, you just know he'll sign for us and get injured.

11. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Would bring a lot more creativity if he came which is what we need sometimes, useful in the league and in Europe to be honest. Wouldn't pay over £1M for him though.

12. Darnok

Don't know how anyone can say 'no thanks' when he is a class above the players we have in his position at the moment.

13. liam_bhoy

Yes. 100% yes. Add that bit of flair that we are missing.

14. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Would be typical. But, when fit, he's always been a good player for Celtic. I'd love him back if it was on the cheap, but he's probably on a pretty good wage nowadays.

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Waste of wages total tampon

16. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Exciting player but too injury prone.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe because he's held together with * sellotape

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I mind a large majority of folk couldn't wait to get rid of him the last time.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yes please.

Playing really well just now, good run of injury free football and one of the most intelligent players I've seen in the hoops.

He is exactly what we are looking for.

Bring him home.

20. Koke

Gordon
    Lustig Denayer Virgil Izaguirre
    Brown Henderson
    Forrest Johansen Maloney
    Guidetti​

I'll have some of that thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.