1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We stood here to a man .

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by joemc, May 18, 2019.

Discuss We stood here to a man . in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. joemc

Not more than 6 years ago our whole support united to a man behind 1 of our own, Neil Lennon .
    Jump forward to this day when after coming in and taking the reigns left by a pretentious manager who left us in the * , he is feeling the same support from us as he does from the whole of Scotland and beyond , now to me that is a sad indictment on us to allow this to fester on here .
    You may or may not want him as manager but to slate him and become like the rest of the country is like with him must be so hard for him to hear and take without feeling absolutely wounded by it .
    I myself feel an element has crept in to our support a bit like the hoard , taking for granted , not supporting our club in the best way we can , listening to negativity from outside and spreading it here , being manipulated by shittalk from media and fans .
    We are on the brink of 3x3 it is a special time while we are needing a good summer and a strong hand to lead us to more succsess, we need to beleive in the club again that they want wot we want and support again no matter who is at the helm .

2. clonbhoy

Bit sexist...

joemc likes this.
  3. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    So we should all just lie to ourselves and each other and claim we want Lenny as manager?

I'm a Celtic supporter, the club is number one. Let's get a proper football manager in.

Richmal likes this.
  4. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This is a special time..

To ensure the good times continue we enjoy and move on without Lenny at the helm.

Not sure your post needs a thread..:50:

5. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Living in the past is for sevconites.

Lenny has our gratitude, and our support while hes at the helm, but past glories shouldnt dictate or hinder progress.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

Oh, * off.

Lennon is a middling football manager, who had no right to be in contention for the Celtic job after leaving Hibernian 'by mutual consent'; I believe that he is intelligent enough to realise that.

He knows that the cut-throat nature of Celtic is a cornerstone of our success.

I am sure that he demanded the highest standards as both Celtic captain and manager; he should understand, then, when we demand the same as supporters.

7. James Pearson

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mark Viduka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I think we all need a good dose of realism here. There isn't a single Celtic fan that's not behind Lennon in everything he does in and out of football. The man is a legend. However, this is Celtic, this is our club and this is business and we have to take care of that first and foremost. In doing so, it means there are times where you have to be a harsh critic of the person and where you have to say thanks but no thanks. There is nothing wrong with that. Lennon has to be his own man and take ownership that the past few months have been nothing short of abysmal in terms of attitude, tactics, player selection. It's a performance based game and he knows that. We have to go big or go home.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Sentiment should never come into the thinking process when it comes to appointing a new manager. Lenny will always be held in high regard by the vast majority of supporters, but he isn't the man for the job.

Twisty, The IRA, Rydo1888* and 5 others like this.
  9. The IRA

Fav Celtic Player:
    Vol. Ryan Chrisite
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Beautiful Sunday - the IRA version
    He is slated by the rest of the country because there is still a venomous anti-Catholic, anti-Irish prejudice that pervades much of Scottish society. That is completely distinct from those of us who simply do not want him to become manager of Celtic and are pretty vociferous about it. Pitiful to equate the two.

Marie, Devlin, TheHappyLoss and 7 others like this.
  10. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Spot on. :50:

11. Richmal

Ask yourself this, why oh why do all huns and main stream media want Neil Lennon as Celtic manager?

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    * up Joseph.

joemc likes this.
  13. rickyroma25

Neil Lennon left Celtic at the right time for him and us. His managerial career went south and we moved on. Just because he's a Celtic legend doesn't mean he deserves the job in perpetuity. He would have had no chance at the job if it hadn't been for a confluence of fortunate events. I believe there are better managers for us than Neil Lennon, and I don't think that's being disrespectful.

If he goes, I'll wish him success wherever he is. If he stays I'll hope he wins every game we play, but I'm within my rights to be disappointed with his appointment.

I'm not responsible for some fannies on the internet who don't know how to moderate their opinions.

Xatraps, joemc, Valhalla and 3 others like this.
  14. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    I do. They believe he is the wrong choice for Celtic. However are these two examples of great collective footballing brains? If so why have the huns not won the league this year?

15. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    B
    Bang on the money

16. Richmal

Exactly, I'm afraid it dont take much brains or insight to see Lenny ain't the man, he IS a club legend, will always be, will go down in our history, but cannot take us forward, not at such a critical time in our history, there are so many reasons for this, but the huns are desperate for us to keep him, that says it all, and the SMSM who are hun lackeys want it too, cos they know with NL is could implode at any time, and most of is know this too, but look, its all about opinions!

17. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    There are many reasons and arguments people have for not wanting Lenny as manager but these are 2 of the worst.

Sydneysider, jocksteinupper and JML67 like this.
  18. Goggzy60

Lennon will always have my respect. I just don't think he's the type of Manager we need but I do think he needs to be around the team in some way. It would have been great to see him as Assistant under The Rat but that's gone now, I think he's perfect for a DOF role though someone who understands the club the fans just gets the whole thing.

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Are you telling me those guys that taped bread-wrappers to their heads to go to the football, aren't very intelligent?

Sydneysider and Gabriel like this.
  20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They arra peepo mate. :giggle1:

Sydneysider and Seán Mac D like this.