1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We are not worthy....even in Dublin it seems.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Tony., Jul 7, 2018.

Discuss We are not worthy....even in Dublin it seems. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Perfidious Albion

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden in the sun
    On anther point. I find most people from Ireland are like sheep. They will jump very easily on any sporting bandwagon that comes along. Even music concerts. My mate calls them event junkies.

PARKHEAD67 likes this.
  2. Rendog

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM song
    What was the original tweet? It's been deleted.

3. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Around 10 years ago Celtic were running football camps in Donegal every summer. Then they just stopped. This is an area that Celtic are still very popular in yet they have completely lost interested in the area. Time for Celtic to send the team where they have supporters and engage the youth again.

Sween, Aidan O’Shea and StPauli1916 like this.
  4. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    i am not going to go deeply into this ,,,, i lived in Dublin for a year . in The Abby hotel middle Abby road second on the left off of O 'Connel street. The only real * pub was Frasers at the top of O Connel street just before Parnell square, on the right hand side, Dublin aint fukin Erin , I am just back from Edenederry where i was working, now that is a great Papish town. brought my daughter a set of rosary beads from the chapel and every bead has a shamrock on it blessed by the priiest i front of me. So * Dublin

belbhoy and Tony. like this.
  5. ddub11

Been going to pubs in Dublin to watch us play for many years now,if ye stick to the local its not to bad as long as theres no clash with utd or liverpool etc and if there is well you,ll have to watch on the small tv in the corner somewhere if your lucky.

Its the way it is now with the majority of football fans supporting epl teams and to be honest im used to it by now.

The one thing that i find annoying (as some have already mentioned) go any where in the city centre and wear a Celtic top and chances are you will be told ye wont be getting in here while theres a stag group inside from england wearing colours having been watching a game.

Each to their own and they can support whatever * they want but when pubs are refusing Irish lads because their wearing celtic tops its very annoying,sad to say it but wearing a celtic top in dublin city centre and chances are you,ll be refused service.

Tony. and Sydneysider like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Utterly bizzare..

Could understand if there was a lot of Huns about but wouldn't there be more chance of animosity between Liverpool and Man United fan's?

Dalbeth3 and Sydneysider like this.
  7. ddub11

Yep your correct...but it seems wearing the colours of an epl team is more acceptable than wearing a celtic top.
    Iv seen it myself where rows have broken out(usually starting with a bit if banter)between liverpool and utd fans.

As iv said the local pubs in general are fine with Celtic tops,but go near the city centre and your not so welcome.
    Im not sure of the incident in murrays (i think it was )but from what i gather some fans were refused while wearing celtic tops and there were other fans (English from what im led to believe)in watching the world cup and i wouldnt be surprised if that is what happend, as i said that seems to be the attitude towards people wearing celtic tops in some of the pubs in the city centre.

Tony. and McChiellini.. like this.
  8. M 67

Think it might be a class thing? Like these * associate Celtic with working class, whereas teams such as Man Utd are the prawn sandwich/ touristy brigade???

9. Sydneysider

Regularly see Tic tops here in Sydney, one on Sunday at nearby shopping centre, young guy with his gf at Muffin Break

10. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Cheers,it's only Magners though, I stay clear of scrumpy after not heeding a barman in Marazion, I downed 4 pints In 35 minutes and got to the front of the pub door then fell flat on my face,I did heed the old saying though,never again.:60:

PARKHEAD67 and bagforlife like this.
  11. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Dunno if that is a very even comparison, mate.

There is still a lot of support and 'love' for our pals down South here, particularly conservatives and unionists and you can probably guess what groups give them that support. The whole issue surrounding independence is a tricky one and isn't as black and white as hating the English.

I have relatives in Manchester and Liverpool, have had some great holiday's down there as well. I voted yes however and I'm a strong believer in an independent Scotland, goes a lot deeper than simply hating the English, and I definitely didn't vote to be ruled by them! Only so much you can do however if there is still a significant majority in your country who feel differently.

Anyway, this is for another thread.

Dalbeth3 and Tony. like this.
  12. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.

Gyp Rosetti and Rendog like this.
  13. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Certainly not making excuses for the bar and I hope Celtic fans remember this the next time we play in Dublin it doesn't clash with a wc game and they want our custom. However I think the sad truth is if you are wanting to watch Celtic or get into a bar with colours anywhere be it in Ireland, Scotland , england or wherever in a city you are unfamiliar with you are really best trying to do some research before going out and been disappointed. Although I accept in this case folk might have already done so and the bar just decided to be wanks on the day.

14. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    dublins an overated, overpriced tourist trap,place is overun with weapons dont see why stags go over there and spend there money to get * when its not much different from glasgow.glasgows also a better city.

15. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Maybe never put my point over very well mate, was trying to put over how much people can be hypocrites and not as true to there convictions as they claim. We have a very complicated history indeed, wasn't hating on the English at all, was talking about the very people you mention. :50:

Mr Shelby likes this.
  16. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Only have to look at how RTE have * Souness, of all people, to do their punditry.

PARKHEAD67 and StPauli1916 like this.
  17. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    next time i am inDublin i am going to get a Tshirt with GRAFFITA ON THE WALL printed on it

PARKHEAD67 and bagforlife like this.
  18. JimMc

if that is true, you should get photo or recording evidence showing such active discrimination, you might be able to sue them for free using something like the Irish Human Rights and Equality Commission.
    https://www.ihrec.ie/your-rights/i-...nightclub-or-other-place-which-sells-alcohol/
    Regardless make a fuss on social media let enough people know of specifics and you will get backing, there are plenty of Celtic fans all over Ireland and remember just like life there are a lot more Celtic fans in Ireland who will be happy to back you up and act with an online petition. These pubs if actively discriminating against sections of society based upon their own prejudice will soon enough have manners forced upon them!
    How ironic for them that this pub refused fellas who had been attending a human rights course.
    http://www.thejournal.ie/traveller-men-compensated-3756238-Dec2017/

If Dublin is really as bad as some suggest here, you could possibly make a lot of money from being actively discriminated against and be doing a real positive service to society at same time.
    Some of these business only care and behave when it threatens their accounts!

Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
    ChrisMoh and Tony. like this.
  19. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Excellent post,pubs cannot discriminate against ordinary citizens,possibly if they are drunk though I'm not too sure.

20. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Similar thing here where i live ish,of course i live in North Wales near Llandudno and to my amazement last night one of my best mates told me just about everybody in the Village is supporting England!!! During the Sweden game the Pub was packed with only he and his 18 year old son supporting Sweden,they even brought in 2 Swedes:lol:
    I have been avoiding my local because of the England fans,however now me and my nephew will be joining my mate and his son for Croatia's glory,should be fun,our 4 strong Croatia away support and 50 plus Welsh and English cheering the Hype Monster:56:

PS I remember a few years ago when Liverpool were playing Cardiff in the other Pub in my village,a lot bigger,me and one mate were the only ones supporting Cardiff in a Welsh Pub!! 80 or so cheering on Liverpool big style,a wound them up a fair bit,and the Landlord told me to calm my banter down:56:

packybhoy likes this.