1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

We are not worthy....even in Dublin it seems.

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Tony., Jul 7, 2018.

Discuss We are not worthy....even in Dublin it seems. in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve noticed this a lot too. It’s sad.

2. Aidan O’Shea

* Mogadishu is more British than London.

bagforlife, richardm and Marie like this.
  3. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    That Is fookin disgraceful,honestly.

Marie likes this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

its not suprising really all our kids are growing up watching and being turned on by the sky football revolution and our own football authorities havent been on the ball as to the damage this could cause long term

Marie and Tony. like this.
  5. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Chasing the Queen’s schilling.

Spring Time likes this.
  6. Celticbhoy17

If none of you have noticed the whole world of football is *, Irish kids supporting Man U is just the tip of the iceberg. Bournemouth can pay 25 million for players these days and teams like AC Milan cant reach the Europa league but Burnley can.

bagforlife likes this.
  7. Perfidious Albion

Fav Celtic Player:
    McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hampden in the sun
    Few of us here alright. Totaling outnumbered for years now. Hit the nail on the head with Sky TV.
    Small gang of us use Murrays for the Zombie games/Cup finals. Will have to ban it, if this is true. * them. * them all.

8. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    That reminds me of the time myself and the family were in Miller's Bar in Orlando 2 years ago,near to the Doubletree hotel and I kid you not,there must have been at least 50 giant TV screens showing every sport imaginable and guess what was on the one nearest to ours,The Zombies v Inverness Caley.:31:

9. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Absolutely bang on the button. :50:

10. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    bagforlife likes this.
  11. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tony. likes this.
  12. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    As a Dub I'd like to be able to argue the point with you. But to be honest I'd struggle.

What I would say is it's incredibly British in football terms. Actually, English rather than British.
    Temple bar every weekend is in effect little England. What's incredible is the English get in wherever they try regardless of the state they're in. Sober Irish lads would get blanked I reckon on a 50/50 basis.
    I've been in the Bad * Cafe a few times for Celtic matches. It's where Noamh Padraig usually watch the games and even then there's been the odd time an announcement will be made just to be careful leaving the premises, careful as in behave nicely, as the authorities are waiting for any little reason to have a go.

bagforlife, richardm and Tony. like this.
  13. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    It's the reason I'll never drink the stuff in my lifetime Marie,I've no problem at all if anyone drinks it,that's their prerogative entirely.

14. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Don't drink it myself, don't like any beer, lager, ale or stout but I'd think of Guinness being as Irish as you get, shocked to read that.

Tony. and packybhoy like this.
  15. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Was aware of all this but an insightful piece without getting into the nitty gritty. Every time I see the Guinness logo or a connection by way of cartoon image promotion it always inadvertently makes me think of British Colonialism in Ireland and how at one time Dublin was a very welcoming town for the British. No fault of the locals as we were mere peasants. The money was British and the building built with Brit money in a British imperial style. I do get a small shiver when I think of how well it has played to it’s Irishness when at one stage they wanted to shift brewing to England.
    I have never and will never drink it. I’ll stick to Central European lagers.

16. Devlin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Dublin's alway's been a Brit city, the rising failed as most men were away fighting with the British formed regiments. Fast forward a hundred years and the truth be told the majority of people in the south couldn't give two * about there fellow Irish men in the north.

Much the same the Scots foaming at the mouth how they hate the English, English * this English * that. What do they do, they vote to be ruled by England. Then moan how they are sick of being ruled by the Conservative and unionist party.

People are * up :nonono:

17. georgiebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    paul mc stay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Can’t get into a lot of pubs in dublin wearing gaa or Celtic colors but will have no problem if wearing Man U or Liverpool tops. Mental

Gabriel and Tony. like this.
  18. M 67

Yaaay, millers :49:

Tony. likes this.
  19. Tony.

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    I'm not so sure about Scots foaming at the mouth mate,I was born in Cornwall but came up here as a toddler and love the place.
    What I do hate though is the unionist mobs who are sly *,the ones we saw in Glasgow on September 19th 2014 were bitter as you can get but remember that there were a large mob of them (EDL/BNP) who came up from England.
    I detest the fact that they use the St Andrews Flag at marches,remember too that Scotland has voted SNP the past 8 elections and still no matter how often we win here,the NL or Tories still rule the roost over us,we need INDEPENDENCE now.

20. angusceltic67

I agree that Celtic should be going to Ireland on a regular basis, playing maybe two or three teams in a mickey mouse comp in the pre-season or whatever. But this should be rotated so every corner of the Island will have a Celtic game for the youngsters to go and enjoy.

Every time the RTE gives the latest sports news or you look at the back few pages of any Irish newspaper its all premiership this and premiership that, Scottish and Irish football very much plays third fiddle to the Premiership and the GAA and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Sadly for this upcoming generation of young Irish, Celtic is very much out of site and out of mind, this trip to Dublin is a step in the right direction, but it may be too little too late ?