1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Visiting Glasgow in July and have some questions

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by sarcasmotron, May 27, 2018.

Discuss Visiting Glasgow in July and have some questions in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. sarcasmotron

Hello, everyone. My girlfriend and I are planning on visiting Scotland in the summer, sometime between the 9 – 20 July.

As a Celtic fan, I would love nothing more than to be able to watch Celtic play at Paradise, so we planned our stay there so that it covers the first European qualifying round (and yes, she knows :84:). What are my chances of getting a ticket for the match? Would it be easier to get a ticket for a friendly match if there is one during that time? I've checked the fixtures list for the previous two seasons and it seems there generally is a friendly at Paradise during that time. As for the next season, the only friendly planned so far is the one in Ireland. When do you suppose more friendly fixtures will be announced? Also, how much do tickets for Celtic Park generally cost? And if I don't get the chance to attend a match, is there any other way for me to see the inside of the stadium, maybe as part of a guided tour or something like that?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions and that some of them probably can't be answered at this point, but I'd be really grateful for any kind of information that could help us plan our stay. Thank you. :bye1:

2. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

You'll get a ticket for the first qualifying round no bother I think. It's usually included on the season ticket so with more ST holders than last year it might be more difficult than usual, but not everyone will be able to attend with it being in July. I'd guess around £20-25 if it's on general sale. If not you should be able to get one outside the stadium.

There are guided tours of the stadium daily on a fairly regular basis. They should continue throughout the summer. You can book on the eticketing website but July isn't on sale yet.

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/celtic/Events/Index

sarcasmotron likes this.
  3. Sween

Hi
    There will be a general sale of first round qualifiers and it shouldnt be too difficult to get a ticket if you just pay attention online to release dates. I think last season tickets were £25.

The last time I did the tour was about 17 years ago but given you arent usually here it would be well worth doing.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  4. sarcasmotron

Thank you both for your answers. I'll keep my eyes open for those tickets. :)

5. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You are also correct to say there is always almost as a rule a home friendly of some description, In recent years European opposition but sometimes it can be an English team, tickets are plentiful for these and will be cheap, probably £15

Better to do a qualifier if at all possible, as long as you are on the ball and keep a check on when the tickets come out you will get one ok if you buy straight away when the sale opens up online.

If you come in July you might get to experience the Glasgow tradition of “taps aff” if the weather gets above +12 and sunny :celt_2:

sarcasmotron likes this.
  6. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    @Lion1961 usually has access to spare season tickets he might be worth a shout

sarcasmotron likes this.
  7. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You’ll have no problem getting a ticket for a first round qualifier.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  8. sarcasmotron

Thanks for your replies, guys. It seems I won't be able to make it to the qualifier since it's on the eve of my departure and my plane leaves in the early hours of Thursday from Edinburgh airport.

So I'll try to get tickets for the friendly against Standard on the Saturday before that. What's the best way to get them, do I go and buy them at a ticket store/stadium once in Glasgow or will it be possible to get them on the eticketing website?

ChrisMoh likes this.
  9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Both of those options will be fine for getting tickets. If you get them online you’ll need to pick them up at the stadium anyway.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  10. leeso-ardoyne

You'll have no probs getting tickets so early in the season.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  11. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    You should defo try a wee ferry trip to Belfast on the 12th, wonderful wee culture day.

Account Deactivated and pablo88 like this.
  12. pablo88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    If ur flights are not till the small hours from edi airport then you will be able to get a bus from the bus station to the airport or if worried about time it's about £50 for a private hire taxi, if you need a taxi give me a shout.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    You should still go to the European game, it'll be close to a full house and the main team will be playing. The friendly will be * tbh and you'll be lucky if there is 20,000 there. There will be plenty of time to get to Edinburgh Airport, there are buses from Glasgow that take 1 hour.

sarcasmotron and Bobo_ like this.
  14. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    So much to do.

[​IMG]

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. sarcasmotron

My plane leaves at 6 am from Edinburgh. We were thinking of going to the European match and then taking a bus to the airport, like some of you mentioned. The only problem is I can't really come to Celtic Park with my luggage. :D Will have to work that one out. I'd of course much rather see the "real" match. Thanks again for all your help. Hail hail!

16. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I agree with this. The Lyon defeat in particular was dreadful and a total waste of time. I wouldn't play any friendlies at CP, particularly not with youth players the day after a qualifier

17. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Train stations usually have drop off shops where you can leave your luggage. It costs between £8-£15 for a few hours, depending on location. I think the Glasgow and Edinburgh train stations have these.

sarcasmotron likes this.
  18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    http://www.spt.co.uk/bus/bus-stations/buchanan-bus-station/

Left Luggage
    All luggage deposited in this facility is subjected to a search prior to being accepted. Maximum use is 24 hours only.

• Small (hand baggage): £5.00
    • Medium (backpacks): £6.00
    • Large (large suitcases) £7.00
    https://sales.citylink.co.uk/Action/ViewJourneyPlannerResults?random=1529844274688

Buses leave at 1am, 2am and 3am and take 48-55 minutes so any of those will do and you can leave your bags in the bus station. Once you are here you can check the place the day before just so you know what your doing.

The bus is £12 each. ​

Last edited: Jun 24, 2018
    sarcasmotron likes this.
  19. Bobo_ Gold Member Gold Member

Tickets are now on sale for both fixtures

sarcasmotron likes this.
  20. sarcasmotron

Thanks, haven't been on the forum for a few days. I'm now trying to purchase the tickets from the website and it seems I need to assign them both. I have an account but my girlfriend, obviously, doesn't. It won't give me the option to simply fill in her name and so on but it looks like she also must be a member. Is this really neccessary or did I overlook something?