1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Views on abortion?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 17, 2017.

Discuss Views on abortion? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  2. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Yeah, 24 weeks is a baby, I don't care what anyone says that far along is a baby.

Take a look at what happens in a late stage abortion (all 3 abortion types are nasty but late stage is horrendous) and your whole attitude to it will change. When I saw how all 3 are done I couldn't help thinking: women should be more careful because why should a baby be torn limb from limb just because she can't be arsed.

Of course rape and severe disability are the exceptions. No one should ever be expected to carry the * offspring of a sick rapist to full term.

3. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Aye cause it's the lassies responsibility to not get pregnant as there is absolutely nothing us blokes can do huh fs.

4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Late stage abortions are horrifically cruel :54:

I think every single abortion is cruel but jeez, babies have survived at 21wks+, should never be allowed so late!

Wish I could keep my nose of threads like this, has me researching and getting upset by what I see.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  5. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, 24 week abortion is criminal. Thankfully it's very rare but I don't think it should be allowed at all.

trip2themoon, Gyp Rosetti and Marie like this.
  6. Mr. Slippyfist

When push comes to shove, it really is the responsibility of the woman to make sure that if she doesn't want to get pregnant then she makes sure it doesn't happen.

That's not to say I don't believe the male has any responsibility, but it's not his body that has the potential to carry a child.

7. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade

Well yes it is the woman's responsibility as she is the gate keeper. Is it so hard to pop a wee pill every day is it so hard to say "you're not getting any if you're not willing to wear a condom"? A baby should be killed brutally just because a woman was too lazy for contraception. Even watch the stage 2 abortion and you see the so-called lump of cells trying to escape the intrusion. You're a sick * if you think abortion is an acceptable method of contraception.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    As some say in one part of the hospital they are ending a life at 24 weeks whilst in another part they are trying to save it, I like you believe it is far too late.

Sween, TheHolyGoalie and trip2themoon like this.
  9. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Nah not having that, its both their responsibilities imo.

I suggest you re-read my post, you know the bit that said "as there is absolutely nothing us blokes can do" that might point you in the direction of what I was meaning.

As for me being a 'sick *' couple of things A/ I don't think, as I have said previously in this * thread, that abortions should be viewed as an acceptable form of contraception. B/Its not me who has spent time watching the 'procedure'.

In future, you might want to wind your neck in a wee bit before you go calling anyone a 'sick *' :50:

10. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The gatekeeper :giggle1: ffs
    So it's up to a woman to take a pill that messes up her body anyway and supply other forms of contraception too? If a guy can't look after himself as well then he, and they, probably shouldn't be having *.

Tim-Time 1888 likes this.
  11. trip2themoon Concomitant Allez-Vous?

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Where did I say she had to provide a man contraception? All she has to say is no condom no *. It's not that difficult.

12. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

You're making the mistake in thinking condoms work 100% of the time. Like any other contraception they don't.

Drakhan likes this.
  13. Nowhereman

I'm pro-choice but I could never advocate/encourage a woman to have an abortion myself.

14. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Well, you expect her to be on the pill and it's her faul for being too lazy for contraception. It takes two.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Whether you're "having it" or not isn't relevant, it's a fact the ultimate responsibility/final say is with the female.

Like I said before, I personally believe there is dual responsibility to a degree.

But considering the view on pro-choice states that it is the right of a woman to do with her body as she pleases, one would suggest that if it's HER body and she alone has the sole purpose of choice, then the ULTIMATE responsibility for safe * should come down to her.

Point in case - a one night stand. Should a woman decide to have one (no judgement being passed here by me) and does so without being safe, then the man can easily walk away without any responsibility - the woman is then left with two judgement calls: do I a) carry on with pregnancy, or b) deal with it.

The IRA and trip2themoon like this.
  16. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    But what if the act of sexual intercourse isn't her choice?
    It's not up to her what happens to her body if she's taken advantage off so why should someone else tell her what to do if she ends up pregnant?

17. Mr. Slippyfist

That has absolutely nothing to do with my comment you quoted, which was very clearly discussed in a "consensual" act.

Unless of course you think I'm suggesting it's the female's problem for not making sure the guy who raped her was wearing a condom?

trip2themoon likes this.
  18. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail

As I don't pass the buck, in pretty much anything, I certainly wouldn't do so in something that could result in such a life changing outcome. So we will just have to agree to disagree.

19. Mr. Slippyfist

As someone with an almost similar opinion as yourself, neither would I.

Hence why I agreed with you on that particular stance, from a personal point anyways.

20. This Charming Man

I think there's no weaker argument in these types of debates than the 'nobody should tell a woman what to do with her body' *. It's weak because nobody is telling her what to do with her * body. They aren't saying that she can't get a tattoo, they aren't saying she can't have *, they aren't saying she can't attend * yoga classes and stretch her * legs around her head, they aren't saying she can't have piercings all over her body or spray fake tan on herself from head to toe. The only thing people are debating over is whether or not she should be allowed to terminate the life that exists within her, and whether or not that babies life should be hers to decide upon.