1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Views on abortion?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 17, 2017.

Discuss Views on abortion? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

100% for Euthanasia.

It's OK for our society to sympathisr with a poor wee doggy who's suffering, just send it to sleep, but when it's a person all shrivelled up TELLING you they are in * agony and want it to end......nope, sorry......you'll just need to put up with it here's some * morphine tablets.

I think a person wanting to end their own life, is a totally different argument from a woman terminating the life of a child simply because it's an inconvenience.

2. muffitO'tea

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I get that people raised kids in poor curcumstances but I don't think someone should face living below the bread line if they're already struggling and happened to get themselves knocked up through a mistake.

As for the bold part, If people can manage and, even in situations through rape/incest, bring up a child then fair do's that's their choice - many others couldn't face it.

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    So you're so worried about the babies, that you wouldn't risk trying to adopt because you might sound dodgy?

But women should be made to have the child no matter what the circumstances?

4. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I would actually love to adopt but because of outdated rules, i know for a fact that myself and my wife wouldn't be allowed to and there would be no point because of that.

5. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    A
    Abortions are carried out up until the 24th week, they are viable at that point albeit with a lot of help from the medical profession.

Edit, seen its been mentioned already.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

It's such a complex and emotive subject matter.. and I think it's important that there's a choice for women.

However as someone who's adopted I'm pretty relieved. :giggle1:

Marie likes this.
  7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    I'm pro-life, except in cases of incest, rape or if there is significant danger to the mothers life.

ThatBhoyLarsson and Marie like this.
  8. LV426 Guest

no!!!!! life is precious, if you can't take what is given to you don't do the act. there are very few instances where "it" should be permitted but it has become a form of contraception in modern life. very sad to see the stats on abortion these days, shames our society big time.

FranceCelt likes this.
  9. LV426 Guest

whats the difference 12 or 24 weeks, its still the same life at 12 weeks????????. at conception it is a life, the morning after pill is too late. in this modern society with all of the technology and contraception available it is laziness that gets people "knocked up". guys who cannot keep a civil tongue in their troosers and girls who cannot keep their knickers up. Contraceptive injections last 3 months and are pretty much 100%, if you get "knocked up" then that is the chance you take and you should live with it.

too much of this "oh the time isn't right" or "it will interfere with my career" or" i can't afford child support". don't do the fookin deed then

Marie, FranceCelt and Pablo87 like this.
  10. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

So it's not laziness then?

11. CymruBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing.
    Read the posts on here & some limited reading on the net about the abortion process (which is * horrific) & I still can't make my mind up on the topic.
    It is a women's choice as its her body, I just wish that choice had been made BEFORE conception.

12. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Ideally abortion wouldnt be necessary, but we dont live in an ideal world. Some people seem to be advocating that the second a woman gets pregnant, her body is not her own, but is the property of society/the state! Thats what it amounts to.

13. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A human life is not the property of anyone, never mind the state/society.

LV426 and Mr. Fawlty like this.
  14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm honestly not sure.

There are a lot of circumstances you have to factor in. I'd like to say I am pro-life but then who am I to chastise someone else for choosing to make a different choice.

It is one of those things that I'd probably only be certain of my true feelings for if I was put in the situation myself with a partner.

15. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    I support the Bill Hicks view on it!

Exactly, she should be able to do with it as she pleases. The foetus is not yet a human life, only a potential one.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You don't get to decide when it is or isn't a life.

LV426 likes this.
  17. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    No, society does...24 weeks, and that is fine by me.

Clearly it is 'life' the second the egg is fertilised, but we have a duty to all concerned to be rational about it, and for me we are.

18. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Again, just because it's fine by you and society has chosen that particular timescale doesn't make it gospel.

There's a reason it's one of the most vastly debated subjects in the history of planet earth.

19. mygirlmaria

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kenny Dalglish
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    Yes i agree, but from my vantage point, we have got it about right.

There is an argument that many women end up giving birth because of the 24 week rule. It gives many time to reflect, to imagine etc....and the opposite may be true if the time was to go down by a long way to say the 12 weeks talked about, as it is likely that many would panic, and have the abortion quickly without having time to think it through, without having a fair time to 'humanise' the foetus.

Ultimately, people will never all agree, but for me, we have it about right.

20. Sydneysider

Saw a girl on " GP : Behind closed doors " having a tiny slow-release hormone rod inserted in her arm.

Provides protection for three YEARS ! can be removed by the GP in minutes