1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Views on abortion?

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Apr 17, 2017.

Discuss Views on abortion? in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist

Financial circumstance is a nonsense reason for abortion. How do you think the generations of our parents/grandparents etc managed to raise MULTIPLE children on little finances? And, you talk about neglect and abuse, is this a pre-determined factor like that when a woman becomes pregnant some * with a crystal ball says "that wean's gonna get abused at some point!"?

If a woman is raped or it's incestuous then that is a whole different kettle of fish. I don't see why a woman should have to go through the torment of having a baby by her attacker when she never consented to the act of * in the first place. Plus, wee bit of thinking for you here, i've seen/read many a comment from the mother of a "rape baby" who have nothing but love for the child they chose to keep and raise. *, was even watching a program the other night about Elizabeth Fritzl - she raises here kids (and by all accounts has a happy stable family unit with them) and we all know the father is HER father ffs!!! If she can do it, anycunt can.

FranceCelt likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm in favour of women and/or couples being able to have the choice of an abortion.

3. Bumblebee

I'm pro-choice. I think a lot of people assume incorrectly that an abortion means aborting a fully developed fetus that is able at times to function independently.

The issue of abortions from what I see comes from religious groups who think for example the first trimester when it is just cells that are beginning to form into an embryo has a soul and is a person. Abortions are performed before the 12th week of pregnancy which is when the fetus has its bones, heartbeat, limbs in place and so on.

I think there is maybe a lack of education for want of a better word when it comes to abortions. They should be legal though absolutely and give woman the choice to abort the embryo before it develops any further not giving woman this choice can affect them mentally if they end up doing some dodgy back alley abortion further on down the line or affect themselves and the embryo by drinking heavily to try and kill it.

And while I slightly agree with Nasser I think it is fantastic that due to science we can detect if a child will have down syndrome and give parents the option to continue with the pregnancy or not before the 12th week. It's not Naziesque IMO it seems to me religious groups have done a great job of making science something to be feared.

Valhalla and Callum McGregor like this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

Hypothetical situation mate - and this is not based on your answer btw!

Say your missus fell pregnant, and had an abortion (for means other than health) - how would you feel about it?

5. Mr. Slippyfist

In that instance then, I totally believe the mother is no better than someone who kills a "fully-formed" human being.

And, it isn't simply religious-thinking folk who are against abortion, or who thinks it's morally wrong.

6. Bumblebee

A woman could turn to that because of the way society on a whole seems to view abortions, also with lack of education on them and the fact she would be unable to go anywhere because it is illegal would result in what I said. Surely your morals then would make you pro-choice in this matter?

Religious groups cause the biggest kick up over it and are to blame mostly for the amount of disinformation out there regarding abortions.

7. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I didn't say you had lied ffs. I asked for a link and am again.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

Why "surely"? My thoughts would be with the child growing inside her that died a horrible death through no fault of it's own, other than it existed.

What "disinformation" are you on about from religious groups?

9. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sorry mate but can't find it.

10. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Oh well. I would be absolutely staggered for the government to try this, that's why I was asking for a link.

Personally, I reckon any article will be from the pro life at any cost brigade, the same kind of people who would say a lassie that's been raped should have the bairn.

11. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree. I think it might have been one of those fake news stories but connected to the article that i did quote about the BMA doctor wanting abortion law changed.
    If government did bring in this law i think it would be political suicide for them.

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Interesting question. Hypothetically, it would be something we agreed upon and I'd know it would be the right decision (if we had agreed upon it). I guess I'd always have a feeling of 'what if', but I'd be fine.

13. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    I haven't read the link about the doctor, my views on doctors/health professional's and their own religious beliefs are if their religious beliefs interfere with the treatment of a patient then they should do something else, simple as that.

Drakhan likes this.
  14. Bumblebee

Why surely? Because to stop that from happening you need it to be legal and to give people the choice.

The disinformation that life begins at conception, they are pretty * staunch and unmoving when it comes to that one.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Well, clearly it does.

Unless the wee sperm guys are just lifeless creatures floating up into the egg on a plank of wood.

There are women out there having "backstreet abortions" even when it IS legal, so that side of the argument doesn't stand up.

16. Bumblebee

It isn't life in the way they suggest it is though. It literally is just cells forming, it isn't a person it doesn't have opinions it is not the same as killing an * what a ridiculous thing to say.

Back alley abortions can happen because of the guilt woman feel due to lack of education on the matter society on a whole from what I can tell views it as a taboo subject and many believe it to be murder. Hence woman seeking someone who can do it for her that she won't have been referred to by her doctor.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

Does a child in it's 3rd trimester have opinions like? "cannie wait to I get out of this belly so I can give my views on that Donald Trump *!"

You keep going on about "lack of education" - what EXACTLY do you mean by that, and what is it that's be educated on?

18. Aidan O’Shea

The idea of an abortion makes me feel physically ill.

Against it.

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    For those against abortion, I'd be interested to hear if you're for or against euthanasia.

I'm not comparing the two, just curious.

20. Bumblebee

Well I think that a lot of people aren't aware particularly men, that it simply is nothing more than cells than are being aborted it really is nothing more than that. Its like some people word it in a way that makes it sound like a baby is literally being murdered. Educate people on what is being aborted that it isn't a person it isn't murder. Thanks to science we know these things many people sadly think what science has gave us is something to be feared or we are playing *.