1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Victor Wanyama

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Jayzhinho67, Oct 25, 2012.

Discuss Victor Wanyama in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    * that, if he jumps ship at the first chance he gets to leave Celtic, he wont be getting any good luck messages from me.

2. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!
    victors always been in it to move to england we seen that in the summer. He might hold out for a top club though, why move to a bottom England side like QPR with no chance of champions league, or winning anything expect maybe the odd Fa cup! I get that they play the likes of man u, man city each week etc but if i was a footballer i'd want to be winning stuff, and playing in the champions league. Saying that he could get a move to a bigger club, he is a good enough player.

3. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    This is his agent talking, we have heard nothing from Wanyama himself nor from lenny so i will reserve judgement until i know whether big vic is getting a bit too big for his boots.

4. Larsson93

Vic turned down Villa (when they where in better shape than they are now) too play for us. So there is no chance he will be jumping ship to play with some diddys now! If he is looking out it will be because one of the top 4 are after him. We shouldn't accept a penny less than 15mil though!

5. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    His tackling is immaculate for the most part. And those 'stupid yellows' he picks up are usually when we are in the * and the man needs to be brought down. That said, no point arguing if you genuinely think he's no better than Evander Sno ffs. :icon_mrgreen:

6. lazyregula

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing!

I never actually knew that he turned down villa to play for us!

Aye i thought he might leave if it was a top 4 looking for him which i wouldn't blame him, the chance to play for a man u, to maybe win a champions league one year, most people would jump at that chance.
    I've Just never seen the point in leaving a club who can win things, with the added bonus of maybe getting champions league football, to go to a club were ye won basically nothing like your QPR or stoke. guess its all about wages with some guys.

7. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

* did i say that was so offensive? :97:

8. northeast67

I remember Liam miller doing the bunk far to early in his career,( turned out a bad move) paper talk can give vic a bad name, hopefully it's untrue and he signs a new contract staying for a couple more seasons before smashing Spanish or English football. He is a quality player a will be worth a fortune.

9. CaltonRepublican

Lenny was on the radio the other day saying that Celtic didnt have to offer him a renewed contract at present as he still has another few years to run and they decided to reward him with an extended better deal,but Victor had decided to turn it down(obviously with the advice of the agent).
    Lenny sounded * off about it and rightly so.
    If it is Vic that wants to * off to the epl then let him go ,but lets make sure we get plenty for him imo at least 8mill.I'm sure we'll find another one in due time

10. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    He turned down contract extension,so * what!!!! he is signed until 2015. And two quick points too all these people who are saying * him if he wants too leave, English diddy clubs, in it for the money etc etc....:blahblah1:blahblah1

1. Big Vic turned down Villa too learn his trade with us.
    2. He always said he was using Celtic as a stepping stone to a bigger club.

So if a club like United, Chelsea want too pay 15 million and offer him 100,000 a week well so be it and fair * too him. Gutted if he leaves but I think he will one day and hopefully for a big payment for him and us.

11. Jonnybhoy5

these three words should not be used in a sentence, having big money does not make you a big club. However if Vic wants to leave for the premiership let him go. Obviously i'll be gutted, but the spl is hopeless and we will get a lot of money for him. If we were in the premiership he would stay as there isn't many bigger than Celtic; but sadly we are not.....

12. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

having a large worldwide fanbase, and winning trophies does though, chelsea now have these things, like it or not, they are now a big club....money was the driving force behind there rise as a club, but they are a big club, infact its estimated they have alot more fans than us, which im disgusted at, but its just the way it is now

13. Heb Celt

He had plenty of time to get cautioned on Tuesday night but was disciplined for the 90 minutes against a team who invite you to tackle them so you get sent off,himself and Ambrose were our best players.

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    Unfortunately my man and it pains me too say Chelskea area a big club now, yes their fan base are now hangers on, glory hunters and mostly folk who haven't a clue aboot football but they buy merchandise etc.... Chelsea have a far bigger spend and pull than us. And yes their * also

15. Jayzhinho67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing !
    Think we all need to pipe down a bit here, Vic is not leaving, and if he is here till only the end of his contract or in 2014 then i will be delighted, either way its a win win for us, we will get a large amount of money for him that may even break our record or he stays for another 2 seasons, as i say its a win win situation, lenny will only go out and find another wee gem.

As its now been proven, we dont need the big name signing at all in any future transfer deals, in lenny we trust :50:

16. Smileyy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hes worth at least £10m so if he wants to go then some club has to open their cheque book.

17. Celtic abu

If he does sign a new contract then brilliant, we get probably get more money. If he doesn`t, we`re still going to be making an absolute shitload of money on him this summer. I can`t see him being here next season but as long as we get the most out of him, I`m happy. Its the way we do business now and I`m pleased with that

18. The The Hand

In fairness, it's an agent's job to be a cheeky * * - doesn't necessarily imply a thing about the player's attitude.

In fact I suspect the more decent and fairminded the player is, the more pushy his agent feels compelled to be on his behalf...

19. sdickson

unfortunately nowadays we are a stepping stone for epls riches etc

20. Heisenberg

if he's not up for staying then cash in and reinvest