1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

VAR

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jan 6, 2018.

Discuss VAR in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Have a feeling this might end up being a disaster at the world cup hopefully wrong. That video above is mental what if something similar happens after a refs blown for full time does he pull them back out then.

KRS-1888 likes this.
  2. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    People going mad on social media saying that video is VARs fault and it’s * etc. It’s the refs fault for allowing the players to go in without sorting the decision first.

VAR works and gives the correct decision whenever I’ve watched it. What I do think it needs though is the ref to have a mic so he can explain what has happened/is happening. That’s what they do in other sports and it works a treat.

3. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    VAR can't make a decision. How can it ?( The refs still make the decisions) And if you think they have already come up with the correct decision you haven't seen much of it.

4. StainseyBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Andy Hinkel !!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I like it, mainly because everyone hates it.
    It's not taken seriously and terribly implemented though, especially in England, it's like the Refs have never used it and had no time to practice. It could be invaluable when players are having scraps, and finally end the current rule where the referee just shows everyone involved a yellow card, as they don't know what happened.
    They need to have training sessions and use it in less important games though. Seems crazy to me that it's being first used at world cups and FA cup matches. We should get it in Scotland though, and goal line technology. Why are we always the last to trial technology.
    You should be able to hear the refs though, like you can in Rugby. But i massively disagree with showing decisions on the big screens, could you imagine the impact of a crowd on a referees decisions.