1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Van drives into pedestrians in Germany

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Aidan O’Shea, Apr 7, 2018.

Discuss Van drives into pedestrians in Germany in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    If it's terror related it will likely happen again.

2. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

allows our governments to spy legally on our * since most believed the war on terror propaganda and have happily given up their civil rights in exchange for a little bit of "security".

Aidan O’Shea and StPauli1916 like this.
  3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It will happen again no matter the motive behind it.

How many cars are on the road ?
    How many people take unwell at the wheel ?
    How many nutjobs are in the world that just want to harm people for no reason ?
    How many nutjobs are there in the world that want to hurt people for religious reasons ?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    :56:

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What's funny ?

Do you think a van/lorry/bus will never crash in to a crowd of people again unless it was a terrorist attack ?

6. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Am laughing at you.
    You sure like asking questions don't you sherlock.
    I'm sure the authorities and the general public in Germany will be concerned whether the suspect is a terrorist or a guy who escaped from ward 19, regardless of how many cars are on the road.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2018
  7. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Of course they will but what has that to do with your point of it happening again ?

Sherlock :celtman2: Calm down petal.

8. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    There again with the questions sherlock :giggle1:
    2 similar terrorist attacks with vehicles happened in France last year in the space of a week.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You're still not grasping this are you.

If it wasn't a terrorist attack, will there be no more similar attacks in the future ? What difference does it make if it was a German guy or an Iraqi guy ? It will happen again and again no matter who carried out this attack.

Sincerely,

Sherlock x

10. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    I'm sure you'll get to the bottom of it anyway sherlock :50:

11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Cheers Petal.

Sure you'll figure out how to answer a question at some stage in your life as well.

12. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    Its a celtic fan forum not who wants to be a millionaire.

13. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
  14. This Charming Man

You might just be the most disingenuous person I've ever seen, or the most stupid. I'm still trying to figure you out. Does it matter that 14 civilians were shot dead in Derry by the British army? Does it matter that the attackers were British? Does it matter that the victims were Irish? Will there be similar attacks in the future? If it wasn't a terrorist attack, will there be no more similar attacks in the future? Do you even know what point you're trying to make? Do you repeatedly ask questions to defer from the nonsensical tripe that you're spouting?

I can't see how you're struggling to differentiate between accidental deaths and intentional ones. I don't understand how you can't grasp that the severity of each differs because of the level on intent. With terrorist attacks, to have intent is to have a reason, to have a reason is to have an ideology, to have an ideology is to have things you are categorically opposed to and things you inherently support. If these attacks are ideologically driven then it means that the chances of other attacks carried out intentionally by other people exists, which means that people are in danger. Nobody is denying that people will die from accidentally being run over, these are innocuous and near unpreventable, but that isn't the point. If there was a mass murderer running about in your town, wouldn't you conduct yourself differently, regardless to the fact that there's a chance you could randomly die anyway? The answer is yes. It proves a point. 14 civilians dying in Derry by a freak accident wouldn't have angered and dismayed the people in Derry as much as it did with intentional killings.

15. Jeremie Frimpong

It is an ever-present threat now (this attack was apolitical, but it was a copy-cat attack), and the outcome is the same.

All of these people are unhinged. I think that we legitimise their ideologies by giving them special labels. We should treat all of them as criminals; * airing their propaganda for them.

I appreciate that your concern might be that a particular incident might be part of a co-ordinated attack, but in most of these cases, it will be difficult to discern whether it is an individual or a cell, or what the person’s motivations are, at first, given that Daesh and other Islamist groups would claim a fart in a lift.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Jeremie Frimpong

The authorities will be, certainly, but I am living in Leipzig at the moment, and I do not feel any more or less safe, now that I know that the attack is supposedly apolitical.

It is just something of which you have to be aware now, particularly living in a big city.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  17. Bertie Cauld

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of Kings
    This is what I was getting at mate, I know you can't stop these animals because of how easy it is to get access to a vehicle but I was curious as to whether it was terror related as authorities may be able to prevent or limit the number of these attacks in the future with the right Intel.
    I get that It may only take one guy to be radicalised and commit these offences in the name of certain Islamic groups so its becoming increasingly difficult to stop and as you say these groups would claim anything.
    Anyway hope that's the last of these cowardly attacks.

18. Aidan O’Shea

:giggle1:

19. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    All we need is the * starting to use push bikes. They can be nasty *. I got hit with one crossing the road minding my own. Ended up with a couple of scratches and very sore limbs. Could you imagine the damage if a cyclist intentionally ploughed into a table full of cappuccino drinkers. Horrible.:nonono:

20. MartinStrange

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and Over
    It’s nowhere near the last
    Multiculturalism has failed
    It’s too easy to commit this type of terror attack
    It will happen again and again with no end in sight.

It’s reality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk