1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vakoun Issouf Bayo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 8, 2019.

Discuss Vakoun Issouf Bayo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Naw aint gonnae dry me aff ya *

2. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    Chokin tae see bayos goal man

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Unlucky with this effort yesterday

5. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Really need to start giving this guy some game time. We need a proper number 9 to get on the end of crosses and he looked like ghe could fit bill from his highlights when we signed him.

Tommy25, Lilac Wine and Cupid Stunt like this.
  6. ApartPidgeon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I think we will see him once the titles secured tbh

Tommy25 and PorchBhoy67 like this.
  7. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Would like to see him and Edouard together.

If Lennon is planning to cross the ball on a regular basis this guy might be the answer.

8. Mr. Slippyfist

100%

This team and players aren't set up to play Lennon's type a fitba, but totally understandable WHY he can't make changes to formation etc right now.

Lilac Wine and clonbhoy like this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Hope he starts against Livingstone or St Mirren after the huns game.

10. Keano88

This.

Would be the ideal time to give him a run when we’re 13 clear in the league.

paulmcq1888, Tommy25, dbhoy72 and 4 others like this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Choking to see the big * play.

Was shouting for him today when we kept pumping the ball into the box. Guy loves a heider.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC starlet Vakoun Issouf Bayo has been forced to fork out for his own air fare to play for the Ivory Coast Under 23s this week because the cash-strapped African nation have a financial crisis.
    This week, he's off to Africa to play for his country's Under 23s team in an Olympic qualifier against Niger tomorrow.
    But he was stunned to be told by the Ivorian Football Federation that he must pay for the cost of Air France tickets from Glasgow to Abidjan, where the game is being paid.
    He's been promised the money will be paid back to him later this week, but it's a highly unusual situation for the player.
    A Statement from the IFF said: "All players who paid for air tickets will be fully reimbursed for their expense. It's a temporary measure."

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Vakoun Issouf Bayo has vowed to win over Neil Lennon and kickstart his career at Celtic.

The £2million Ivory Coast striker has played just three minutes of top-team action against Kilmarnock since signing from Slovak outfit Dunajska Streda in the last transfer window.

Bayo was captured by ex-boss Brendan Rodgers and admits that his departure for the job at Leicester City has made his task to break into the first-team squad even harder during the run-in with trophies also on the line for Lennon.

However, the African hitman is determined to prove his worth to Rodgers’ successor.

Bayo has featured for the Celtic reserves in recent weeks as he looks to win more senior playing time, but believes in his ability to force his way into the fight for the treble Treble.

He said: “The departure of the former coach has somewhat mixed my plans. Today, there is a new boss who runs the team. It is not easy.

But, as a professional, I give the best of me to convince him.

I have played only one match with the first team since my arrival. Afterwards, I have taken part in several matches with the reserves, but given what I can produce on the field, I should quickly find the top team.

Given my current performances, I think everything should be in order for me.

“I am a fighter. If I’m at Celtic, it’s because I have a talent, so it’s up to me to fight to win my place.

"In the end, there is a Seniors CAN that I want to play.

Bayo, of course, is referring to this summer’s African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

The striker has targeted a place in the main Ivory Coast squad for the continent’s showpiece tournament which kicks off in the middle of June.

Bayo’s keenness to feature saw him pay for his own air fare to return to home for last night’s Under-23s Olympic qualifier against Niger.

The 22-year-old wants to justify the faith from both his club and his country and added: “The leaders of Celtic followed my performances from Slovakia and they found in me a profile that interested them.

“And then with the support and advice of Kolo Toure, they did not hesitate to bet on me.

“I want once again to say a big thank you to Kolo because I’m in Scotland because of him.

“I admit that I was pleasantly surprised by the reception that was reserved for me.

“Everyone was there for me. It is a memory that will long be engraved in my mind.

“I feel good in the head and legs and I’m now very happy to walk the soil of my country.

“It allows me to relax and enjoy the warmth before my return to club.”

Bayo was a shock selection for the Under-23 side having been capped at senior level, but explained: “Listen, I had discussions with the coach.

“The Elephants are already qualified for the CAN 2019, so, since the Under-23s also go through a qualification for the Olympic Games, an important competition for our leaders, it was necessary that I come to lend a hand to this squad

“It is a source of motivation. I have the duty to also drive this squad to its CAN in order to get a qualifying place for the Olympics. This is an exciting challenge.”

On paying his own way due to the financial problems within the Ivorian FA, he added: “This is a situation we did not want, but, thank goodness, the President did everything to make us get there.

Despite the delay in regrouping, we are motivated. We are professionals and especially patriots.

“I thank them ( thefans) for everything they do for me. Thanks to their prayer, I had a positive 2019 year with my transfer to Celtic and my marriage. May they continue to support me so that I will please the

Tommy25 likes this.
  14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Few months to settle in next season he will be firing on all cylinders. He has Burke, weah infront of him the now both unlikely to be here next season so goes from 4th choice to 3rd choice behind edouard and Griffiths could even be 2nd choice if the rat comes in for Edouard

15. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

The fact he has barely got a look in says a lot I think.

I'm not usually one to be negative but I have a feeling he won't be good enough.

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Being a bit harsh mate, boy came in under a completely different manager and wasn't fit. He'd of got a lot more gametime against Hearts/Dundee if we were winning those comfortably. Once we beat the huns next week i'd expect to see a lot more of him

Tommy25 and Slaw like this.
  17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bit harsh mate people where saying same
    On here of Dembele.

Give the guy 6 months.

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

I'm looking forward to seeing him play and hope he proves me wrong but he just doesn't need fill me with optimism for whatever reason.

I'll give him plenty of time before getting on his back I just don't think he'll cut it personally. Absolutely nothing like Dembele either. He was very highly rated at Fulham and we pulled out a piece of pure magic to get him for £500k. I was absolutely buzzing the day I saw we had signed him.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  19. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    The big man will come good and play his part in ten in a row.

Tommy25 likes this.
  20. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Some game time and “Son of a gun gonna have big fun” is going to do just nicely