1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 19, 2017.

Discuss UEFA Champions League Third Qualifying Round 1st Leg - Celtic v Rosenborg, 26/7/17, 7:45pm. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

A couple of days ago Dundee were a better team. Now Aberdeen. Who next?

2. clonbhoy

I said they were about the same level as Dundee, I have seen nothing to change that.

3. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

exactly it seems all the other smaller nations look to start their season earlier so they are ready for the qualifiers but scotland, time to leave the past in the past we must start our season earlier if we arent to run aground in these tricky ties !!!

jamesfr likes this.
  4. The Regime

Fav Celtic Player:
    Eyal Berkovic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields
    Still too early in the season. We just finished last season! Where is the room for players to recuperate?

In all fairness, we didn't lose a goal, luckily. Rosenborg will have to come out and play that will suite us, giving us more space to pass and move with pace. Still, we have a lot of work to do.

5. lockerbie-bhoy

having watched on a crap stream that kept buffering I cant comment on all matters but what was clear was that we were very very lucky on 3 occasions. Its not a complete disaster and a clean sheet was kept which is absolute vital; defo need to score early over there.

6. RBKTrondheim

You were lucky yesterday. In Lerkendal, we are far more dangerous. Allways making goals.
    Can't see how better Celtic can be next week if Griffiths and Dembele are still injured.

7. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Fk the board man honestly. We raked it in last year. Only positive about getting put out early is the board missing out on that money.

freitassen and romeo9535 like this.
  8. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Yeah your right. As far as I'm concerned we should be looking at doing well in Europa. With out a striker especially Griffiths who is creative and with out the likes of Roberts I can't see us doing anything different than yesterday.

Only hope is LG will be fit. Pray!

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Yes that's right, real fans are the ones who behave themselves all the time and never break stadium rules.

Man you read some utter * on here.

10. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

In what universe is that a positive?

Random Review and McChiellini.. like this.
  11. clonbhoy

This is one of those phrases that pops up about any football fan, at any club, that doesn't turn up to games with a foam finger and wearing half the club shop. Apparently, 'real fans' don't drink beer, swear or sing any song that isn't on the official club playlist, they also clap politely when the opposition scores.

Sean Daleer likes this.
  12. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

It's all they care about thinking we can just scrape into groups coz we done it last season, same after Karagandy, next season nothing spent to gear up for qualifiers and we were dumped out.

Gloat all you want about getting £30m in CL last season but it wouldn't be reinvested in team.

freitassen likes this.
  13. Scullybhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Easy Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Hysteria on here is breathtaking to be fair. It was an early season tough match and we rode our luck at times. Still in the tie and everything to play for next week.

Let's see how good they are when they have to take the game to us. Big debate will be whether they try it or just keep it tight on the understanding we will give them at least one good chance in the game.

Random Review and Luis1967 like this.
  14. apevrak

Then you need to see some more Norwegian football, cause your statement is nothing less than ridiculous. Especially after last nights draw.

freitassen and rickyroma25 like this.
  15. MartinVienna

What was the attendance? Sorry, just out of interest, could not find anywhere...

16. clonbhoy

I have watched Rosenborg four times in a month; against Sogndal, both legs against Dundalk and last night.
    I am sorry, but I don't think they are a very good side.

17. TheHappyLoss

Think it's because we've been there before with Malmo and Maribor and that we may not have a striker. Panic is a normal football fans emotion

18. apevrak

You're entitled to your opinion, but I'll have to call you out when you're saying Rosenborg is no better than Dundee. Either you're trying to wind up or you haven't got a clue about what the game is about.

Random Review and Bob Loblaw like this.
  19. clonbhoy

I like to think neither. Dundalk, a team I watch a lot of and one that is currently in a period of transition after an exceptional season, showed the difference in playing them in full season. The differences were very small.
    I used Dundee as an example, but what I meant was any team around mid-table in the Scottish Premiership. Funnily enough, Michael Duffy, who struggled at Celtic and also at Dundee, played in both legs for Dundalk. That is an aside, I am not using Duffy as a yardstick.

I think Rosenborg are due credit for their tactics last night, but I don't think this Rosenborg side is as good as the one that made the Europa groups a couple of years ago. I feel going out to this side, whatever excuses we may have about injuries, would be our worst Champions League exit in quite some time.

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I have not seen it anywhere but I would guess somewhere around 52,000