1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] UCL Qual Rnd 3 AEK v Celtic (Tuesday - 14/08/18 - 19:00....result 2-1( 3-2 agg)

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jeremie Frimpong, Aug 9, 2018.

Discuss UCL Qual Rnd 3 AEK v Celtic (Tuesday - 14/08/18 - 19:00....result 2-1( 3-2 agg) in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’ve no confidence for tonight and my nerves are gone, but I think we’ll pump them 4-0.

Rydo1888*, brads-bhoy1888 and The IRA like this.
  2. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

I'm working too. Won't be able to concentrate, checking phone every 2 mins and works full of the living dead into the bargain.

3. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Google it

4. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Don't have when I can ask here, but thanks for the advice

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

5. brads-bhoy1888

BT Sport.

6. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Defo there has been to much negativity past few weeks

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

paulmcq1888 likes this.
  7. MJ9 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Being honest, I can’t see us keeping a clean sheet so I think we should and will need to go for it. I would like to see gamboa in for Lustig just to give us some pace down that side, allowing Forrest a bit more freedom to attack. Get Moussa on at the hour mark with 2 up top and who knows. Not hopeful but if (a big * if) we turn up and are on our game, no reason we can’t win the game outright. Shiteing it already

Sgt Neppers* likes this.
  8. Xatraps Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'm actually really looking forward to the game. Nervous as * already.
    If we play a possession based game, slow and deliberate, I think we're in trouble. I expect AEK to come at us a bit even though they don't quite have to. I'd love to see us really go at them and play the fast press, the game Brendan (& Ronny) preached to us on arrival.
    We can do it.

Lots going on outside of the game but I'll get back to worrying about that tomorrow. This forum has been some read the last week.

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Last 2 days of my annual leave. On it already. Started the day nervous as * but I can see me being a pressure cooker full of blind optimism ready to explode at 7pm.

Right now I'm going 1-1 aet, Celtic on pens.

By kick off it could be 14-6 to Celtic.

Watch this space...

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    what will be will be not getting angry or random thoughts just turn up and see whats what - paul the tim isn't getting sunstroke for nothing!

11. Sturm Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Johan Mjällby
    I believe in:ynwacelti!
    We will celebrate after tonight's game folks!

12. truedub1916

I can’t believe just how big this game is tonight. By far the biggest game we have played for years.

We loose this tonight this doom and gloom * will spread tenfold.....
    The board will cut back on spending. Brendan will realise the ambition and leave at the end of the season.
    Players will get wind and have a * season
    The feel good factor over the road will spread (like it or not they are FAR better then they were last year)

We win tonight......
    BOOM! ££££ We invest, the big nights are back. Feel factor through the roof
    Champions league nights

* me this is a big one!!!!!!

TESLA, Rydo1888*, GMS and 1 other person like this.
  13. Bonobhoy

Been years since i felt * about the team...or whats going on around it.

Hopefully it changes tonight and we need a kick up the * to push on

14. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    It's hard to be optimistic for this game and pretty much hope is all I have. Sad state of affairs we are in this situation imo

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    thing is its not we win tonight and we invest, we have another round against Malmo or Mol Vidi and we never invest even when we qualify £1m on gamboa in the previous 2 years is the only outlay. The finances are good but it will be humpings again in Europe!

16. Mr Brown's Bhoys

We're not blessed with lots of centre backs, which is why I'm not so sure we have to play with a back 3 as many are suggesting we need to. Lustig, Hendry, Jozo, KT would do it for me. Have Brown and Ntcham screening, leaving the 4 up top to open up AEK. McGregor, Forrest, French Eddy then the only spot I can't decide on is left attacking midfield because Sinclair is well off it at the minute. I'd play him in the hope that a good performance kick starts his season and gets him back to the levels we've seen from him previously. A tad lacking in creativity and a bit of flair, but I don't see AEK sitting back.

17. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

We’re going to be a wee exposed down our right hand side mate....

18. MartinoBianco

1 hour 10 minutes till i get to leave work, get home, get the X-VPN on, watch the game live via my brother's TV Anywhere Virgin Media deets. This I have extensively tested at work - not HD quality but it * works, and I can chromecast it to the Bravia, so rock and roll

Never been so nervous. Entire season and immediate future of the club depends on this 90 or more minutes. I will hit the beers and before the game I will need to be very sloshed. Attempting to watch this sober doesn't bear thinking about.

I am not confident, but i believe the team can get a result. We don't need to win, and a 2-2 would see us through. I really hope Brendan sends them out there saying 'go for the win' because any cagey * and we'll get * exposed.

I am not overly impressed with AEK, in the first game is was pretty much all us, and they just did an SPFL job on us (throw everyone behind the ball and counter). I don't imagine they're going to change tack tonight. They'll sit in knowing we need to score and look to counter. Moussa Dembele must play - he would be the difference, and defence need to have game of their lives

FORZA CELTIC

19. Conor tierney

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Win, lose or draw. I hope we play without fear and show some fight. Fancy us to turn up but hard to know what will happen when we play away

20. MartinoBianco

I think the 'Celtic are total dogshit away' days are well and truly behind us.

I know we were not so good in the away game V Rosenborg but we were still finding our feet and right at the start of our season, while they were well into the half of theirs. AEK haven't played many competitive games and neither have we, but we do have experience in these type of pressure cooker situations - we've been in this position for the last three seasons, and before too.

The team need to turn up, play without fear and express themselves.
    * myself

Conor tierney and seanm like this.