Transfers / Loans / Ins and Outs

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Marty McFly, May 10, 2018.

Discuss Transfers / Loans / Ins and Outs in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr. Slippyfist Gold Member Gold Member News Writer

NADIR nADIR * sHIFT Key

Swervedancer and Marty McFly like this.
  2. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

You won’t see him after this window.

NomDePlum likes this.
  3. CookieMonster BOTB King Gold Member

Calvin Miller back from his loan from Dundee as well, see if he gets loaned back out or given game time.

Swervedancer likes this.
  4. \o/ Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    We haven’t seen him before this window either

Murph-E likes this.
  5. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

There’s always the training pictures.

6. JC Anton An inconsistent canter to 8IAR Gold Member

Change title to Loan Ins.

7. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Seen a Motherwell fan saying he going to them

Swervedancer likes this.
  8. McGuire Gold Member Gold Member

Would be a good move for both parties..

9. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Not sure he is the type of player that Robinson likes

10. McGuire Gold Member Gold Member

If we sign

Burke loan
    Weah loan
    Perez project
    Bayo
    A first team right back
    A possible centre back if we punt Boyata

Would we be happy with that for the window?

As well as Compper, Allan, Izzy, Gamboa, Hendry on loan, Morgan loan out?

I'd say you'd have to be content with that..

Still need a centre back. A keeper. A winger/playmaker that we can deal with in the summer..

clonbhoy likes this.
  11. McGuire Gold Member Gold Member

He's a grafter, quick and likes to bomb on down the left putting in crosses. Cadden does the same for them down the right..

I think they play a right back left back if I remember right so probably need 1..

Swervedancer likes this.
  12. Cmcgregor90

3 in by Monday
    We will sign one more after that as back up in a on or rb role

We will leave cb and wait till summer and * europe again

Swervedancer likes this.
  13. Swervedancer Jah Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I forgot about Scott Allan my * he's still here? :56: We must be paying him something way over the top of he's not wanting to go and play football, a gifted enough player to make it pro not wanting to play is such a waste.

Forgetting about a few players there's so much movement, Calvin Miller looked really promising, any idea why he's coming back from Dundee is it because they don't want him or we want to loan him up a level?

Not sure I've seen Morgan.

Burke loan
    Weah loan
    Perez project
    Bayo
    A first team right back
    A possible centre back if we punt Boyata

See this appears like we've got too many players to give them any sort of quality game time because when are we not going to play the first team players if fit the rest of this season?

I seen that George Weah goal yesterday, not seen it for about 10 years and it came up random on YouTube, ah that was so funny, he just kept going l limbs flying everywhere. Won the Balon that year I'm sure, was definitely the Puskas goal.

What is good about this Weah? Are we getting any options to buy on our loans?

Are folk wanting to sell Dedryk because he's running down his contract or because they don't rate him? I think he's good, him and Benkovic are solid. Do like Ajer though but is he solid enough yet, such a critical position, one mistake and it's torture.

How big is our squad now? Mind Ronny's first season we had about 16 midfielders? That was just crazy. Could do with getting more defenders in, we're doing alright up top wi Johnston looking good. And of course Eddy who is going to be a player for sure.

14. Senna s1979 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    The problem we have is we sign * on high(ish) wages or projects who don't work out. Neither of those are easy to unload. We want to bring in better players but we can't sustain the wages for a squad of 40 players.
    The only players we can offload are the decent quality ones. Therefor when we sell them it weakens us without making much of a dent in squad size due to all the dead wood.
    Our signing strategy will lead to us buying some duds and having to take a loss but we don't half sign some utter * for silly money. We do ourselves no favours.

Swervedancer likes this.
  15. Swervedancer Jah Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye I think we need to start thinking about quality of quantity and realise we're going to have to start spending more money. Especially if we want to enjoy great European nights. We should be doing better, was almost a riddy us getting through but I was celebrating it was so hilarious hearing he stadium erupt like that I was like * is happening? I had no idea Rosenborg could us out. But really we don't want that happening, we want to be in control of our own destiny. Mind you considering the terrible luck Ronny got in Europe we deserve a bit back.

When I was having a look at Brendan's time at other clubs there was a big peice talking about the transfer catastorophe he had to put up with but the main criticism was they had a transfer committe who bought players the management knew nothing about and they were trying to do the same thing you just described and it ended exactly the same with them spending more on players than they were worth but check the scale they were doing it on, this might not be exact but he's not far off, in Brendan's first season I they spent £293 on 23 odd players :56:

I don't know if you remember but reporter was saying it got so bad with them buying and selling they ended up with Ricky Lambert as their main forward at one point :43:

But aye we really need to be careful there, we want to stay in the black of course and I think we could and still spend £3/6m range on quality that will most importatly help us compete and secondly we might make some money on if we've got decent scouts who aren't trying to be use car salesmen.

16. Notorious Gold Member Gold Member

CELTIC are closing in on top targets Timothy Weah and Vakoun Issouf Bayo.

PSG hitman Weah, 18, will travel to Dubai to join Brendan Rodgers’ squad at their winter training camp.

It’s expected he will undergo a medical in the next 48 hours, before a six-month loan deal is announced.

PSG have handed hitman Weah a new deal, before sending him on loan to the Hoops.

The French champs rate the USA kid highly, but his first team opportunities in Paris are limited.

His current deal was due to expire next year, but PSG chiefs have given him a one-year extension.

PSG’s sports director, Antero Henrique, invited Weah’s mother and his agent, Badou Sambague, to a meeting last week where they extension was confirmed.

Meanwhile, Rapid Vienna, Dinamo Kiev and Parma are all trying to hijack Celts’ bid to snap up highly-rated Ivory Coast ace Bayo, 21.

But Hoops sources have told SunSport the club are hopeful of sealing a £2million deal with his club Dunajska Streda this week.

Negotiations are now believed to be at an advanced stage, with an agreement on the verge of being struck.

Bayo, who has scored 18 goals in 23 appearances for the Slovakian outfit, is also expected to jet out to Dubai.

Rodgers has already agreed a deal to sign West Brom winger Oliver Burke until the end of the season.

Burke is on his way to Dubai to join up with the squad, and should be paraded within the next 24 hours.

Boss Rodgers is still targeting a new right-back to replace Mikael Lustig, who seems certain to quit Celts and return home to Sweden in the summer.

17. Tony. Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    George Connelly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA.
    Perez.

18. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    Not convinced by that at all. Looks like he has a terrible first touch..

19. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I just can't get enough
    Not sure where to put this but apparently the club are preparing an announcement for tomorrow. Not even sure it’s for a signing, or if it’s good or bad news. Seen it mentioned all over twitter.

20. James Gold Member Gold Member

Could it not just be Perez or Gutman we've not officially announced those signings