1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    If you said that there's no chance of him signing because Swansea or Bournemouth where interested 5 years ago you would most likely be getting locked up in a mental institute it's mad how quickly things change

In saying that there's no reason why we can't attract players like that he just need confidence as a club and we need other people to see that like where going going places ect which is why the champions league is so important if Celtic did the last 16 this year and last year we would probably be saying this lad isn't a good enough prospect

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Watched a lot of lower league games last season and I was extremely impressed by Luke Freeman from Bristol City. He was a winger but Cotteril moved him into the centre behind the striker and he was very impressive for them. Dont know how much he would cost but he was good from what I seen. Think hes only 24 as well

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    So anyone know a big striker, good in the air, is quick, can hold up the ball, is strong and has an eye for goal? Not asking much :icon_mrgreen:

4. Vertie Auld

Crystal Palace may sell 30-year-old midfielder and captain Mile Jedinak this summer while Eagles striker Dwight Gayle, 24, is attracting interest from Premier League newcomers Bournemouth.(Daily Mail)

We should be all over that.

5. martin_d

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I'd really like to see Tomlin and Vossen here.

6. 31B404 Gold Member Gold Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v39QTLEfnGA[/ame]

7. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Steven Fletcher is out of contract next summer. Cut price fee ? Would ideally have more pace but his hold up play is excellent.

8. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    He not on something like 60k a week down there? Would like him here but I think Scep will come good for next year

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I always thought he was decent too, hardworking player not bad at breaking up play but I remember a month or 2 ago I looked on a Crystal Palace forum and they were all berating him, wondering how Ledley wasnt getting a game saying he's only getting a game as he's captain or he must have pictures of Pardew in an uncompromising position etc

So made me think he's probably worse than he seems for his own fans to not like him very much.

10. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    Scott Allen , Vossen , Hooper , George Friend .

11. Bangarangura

mile jerdinak, our very own ian black.......no thanks

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Scott Allan would never fit in with us, he could only play in Commons/Johansen's position and he's too unfit and has diabetes so I dont know but maybe can't really work that hard to get as fit as he should be as he's always looked unfit to me and comes across lazy like not shutting down or giving up/stopping when beaten or when losing the ball - definitely think lack of fitness possibly related to the diabetes is the reason. Also a very wasteful player, tries to many hollywood passes and doesnt score anywhere near enough goals he basically plays for Hibs how Johansen/Commons does for us or Petrov/Lubo at times did for O'Neill an attacking midfielder with freedom to go forward yet he never scores any goals.

He's got good vision although not really the best passing range to pull it off(wee bit like Stokes) and decent touch and ability on the ball but lack of fitness, wastefullness and dire goalscoring ability cant see him ever cutting it for us, probably would never even get on the bench.

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X79NGCSD900[/ame]

Jeffrey Gouweleeuw...Dutch boys on here can pronounce for me. Regular starter for AZ now, was at Heerenveen prior to that. 23 years old. Only seen him a few times but appears to be good on the ball, fast and strong...perfectly suited to our style. Probably talking the same price as Van Dijk, maybe a bit more.

We are no doubt aware of him as we were also looking at Wesley Hoedt his team-mate in January.

14. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    [ame]http://youtu.be/nCAqF2NkvpY[/ame]

If we are seriously interested in Anya for £4 million or whatever why dont we buy this guy. Fifa stats (the orginization not the game) says he is the second quickest player in the world and Roma are bidding €6 million for him.

15. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have you ever seen the situation Real Madrid carry out with the buy back clauses ?

Eg. Alvaro Negredo. Activate their buy back clause (and pay him a good signing on fee) then sell him immediately for double the price.

Can we not do that with Danny Ings ? We can sign him for nothing as we don't play in England. Spurs are bidding £12m so we sign him for nothing and pay him a massive signing on fee to sell him right away ? He gets a fortune and we get a fee for nothing.

16. Roskopicachu

Free. 23 goals in the Dutch Jupiler League. 22 years old, some development caps for the Dutch national side.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0_BIaUr0Y[/ame]

17. rickyroma25

Boy looks quality. If Roma are in for him it's already beyond us, but I don't know why we don't have a big presence in leagues like Mexico and Colombia.

Brugge signed Carlos Bacca for 2.5m euros in 2012. We should be all over those types of signings.

18. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Did we not do something similar with Joe Ledley when he was at Cardiff? I can mind a big hulla baloo about it all.

19. McManus4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye well Cardiff would have received a fee for him if he had went to an English club. As he came to Scotland we got him for nothing. I'm assuming we were able to offer him a big signing on fee/better wages as a result.

However I'm talking more of a blatant abuse of the system. Sign Ings and give him a £1 million signing on fee then sell him on immediately for a fee. We're receiving a fee for * all and he gets £1 million for nothing.

That's assuming he doesn't actually want to play in Scotland.

20. Dallas Cowbhoys

We'd be under no obligation to sell him and therefore there'd be nothing stopping us from keeping him.

This kind of thing just doesn't happen and I'm sure there'll be loads of reasons for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.