1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

training facilities

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by mc_, Aug 4, 2004.

Discuss training facilities in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mc_

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson,lennon,petrov
    Fav Celtic Song:
    you'll never walk alone
    just wondered everyones thoughts on this, a club as big as celtic should really have a state of the art academy in place and im sure after the share issue one was supposed 2 be in the pipeline.

rangers and hearts have good facilities now. dont think celtic should build it at the expense of the 1st team squad but would be a good investment that would hopefully produce and attract better players.

2. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Agreed, Hearts new facilities really are top notch.. I would imagine that such facilities would cost quite a bit of money but in the long term it would be totally worth it for young & old (Not like we're having a problem producing class youngsters). Im sure it would also reduce many injuries that players may pic up out on the soil in the winter months.

Anyway hope somebody invests in it, whilst we're on the subject of re-developing I read some time ago that Celtic park would get re-developed to make it a UEFA 5 star stadium by developing the facilities within the south stand, in the same story I read that the front of celtic park would be replaced from teh reddish brick to Green and White windows. Anybody heard any news recently on this or when its due for completion?

3. duffy

Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    I Agree totally mc, it just disappoints me that while clubs smaller than us are making progress we're sitting back doing nothing but take in the cash. The board need to pull their finger out and upgrade the stadium and training facilities, and give MON money for new signings

4. Dubsbhoy Banned!

if there's one club in scotland that should have top of the range facilities it's celtic everyone else is skint.