1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Worst Movies

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by KRS-1888, Feb 9, 2017.

Discuss Top 5 Worst Movies in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I can't name 5 because I usually turn off a movie very quickly if I can't get into it. But The Happening was one I watched the full way through and by * it was * awful.

2. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Actually I can think of a few more, Xmen "days of future past" and that wolverine movie were both dreadful. And The Hangover, don't think I laughed once.

3. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I did say if you switch your brain off, it's watchable. That is the definition of a popcorn movie. It doesn't ask you to think and in the case of Gump downright does not want you to. A film can be entertaining fare but that doesn't necessitate it being good. Is the case here with Gump? Well, so far as not being all that good, yes, and i guess if you switch off the brain i guess iut can be escapism... but it's a stretch. At best it can be said it fundamentally wants it's audience to look at the world through the simplistic terms that the title character can understand, as i mentioned above is obey, conform, don't question and you will be rewarded.

It isn't anti-establishment, it is right there, obvious to anyone watching. So don't say its about reading into things that are not there, because it is right there. And not in some subversive context but plain and simple for anyone to understand the message it conveys.

So it really isn't a good movie, much less being the best film of any given year, and most especially in a year that included the likes of Pulp Fiction, Shawshank Redemption & Quiz Show etc. Additionally, it's not just about looking at it in hindsight and saying 'wow, they got that wrong', but what it really does is underline just how much it is dated and how far irrellevant it is to a modern audience, not just now but even then. Which is ironic, given that it tells a tale that spans decades that it really has none of that sense of timelessness that say, Shawshank has. I've no personal experience (and hope never to) of what modern life behind bars is like, but that does not disconnect the experiences of the inmates recounted of that film resonating with audiences as much now as it did when the film was released 20yrs ago, recounting fictional events of lives lived over decades through the 40's through to the 60's. By contrast, Gump fails at this completely unless you switch your brain off and accept it as you said.

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Police Academy ................2-6.

5. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Deep Throat
    Deep Throat 2
    Lady Chatterly's Lover