1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Top 5 Things Pele Does Not Want You to Know

Discussion in 'World Football' started by Mystic Penguin, May 10, 2012.

Discuss Top 5 Things Pele Does Not Want You to Know in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I'm not downplaying Maradonnas achievements he was an astonishing player. I'm on the phone so I'll come back to that later!

2. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

i dont understand why its achievements that make the worlds best ever player.....surely a player is an indiviual.....so why base who was the best individual on team achievements, why not just on Individual performance?

3. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I was talking about the achievement he personally done on the pitch. There's a difference between Xavi winning the European Cup and Djimi Traore.

4. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

my comment wasnt in response to you, just a general comment

its like i dont get why Messi has to win the world cup to be the best footballer ever....its silly

5. Rossenspeil

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beram Kayal
    Could never comment because I never seen him play in the flesh.

The greatest player I ever saw was Maradona, who is, let's face it, a complete * as well.

6. JC147

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, Lubo, Lambert,
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing,
    Very interesting article. Never had much of an opinion on the man until he said that thing about Messi having to score x goals and win y worlds cups. That statement reeked of envy. Thought he was a * for that. No good to football.

7. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    I didn't want to create another thread on this * so thought I would post this here.

He is well and truly an ignorant * who knows next to nothing about modern football,

8. PrestonNorthEnd

The amount a player scores/wins is * all in my opinion, a player should be rated on how he plays as a individual.

Tom Finney for instance won * all at Preston but everyone who ever saw him play said he was the best player ever. In his last season Preston finished second, the next season with the exact same team (no Finney obviously) they got relegated from the top league never to return. His loyalty to his hometown ultimately cost him a place amongst 'the greats' that are remembered today. He was stuck in a team full of numptys, the fact he took Preston to second place on his own is more impressive to me than someone winning the champions league playing alongside world class players.

9. Markybhoy

Pele is one of the best footballers ever. People can think he's arrogant if they want but that changes nothing.

10. Shane1888

The more I see and read about Pele, the more I wish he would just * off. He's had his time in the spotlight and been recognized for his achievements in the game enough.

Step aside and let the next generation of great players have their moment without you sticking your big * nose in, you arrogant *. His comment about Spain only having two or three great players is absolute bullshit too. Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Fabregas, Alba, Busquets and Pedro could walk into any team on the planet right now and that's without mentioning the other obvious ones I've missed out.

11. Highland_Bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ever Henrik Larsson, now Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Just as someone said above too.....i have never seen him play. So couldn't comment.