1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. murphy88

Your pal from Coatbridge wouldn't happen to be a boy called Stephen would it? I've heard about the rumour with the tele incident as well, that was when he got sent home from Germany with the mysterious back injury.

2. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Is it just me or the way he's talking about his Celtic career is that he is finished here,I really hope not he does have great potential just hope he doesn't * it up against a wall

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He didn't mention us once I don't think,not even saying hope to do well here and force my way back into the Celtic team next year..
    The timing of the loan and the fact it's in Europe instead of britain leads me to believe there might be some truth in the partying,fall out with Lenny rumours going about..

Hopefully it's just rumours,even if he has fallen out with Lenny hopefully he does well and comes back with his nut screwed on!

4. murphy88

I'm like you mate. I reckon there may well have been British teams interested in taking him on loan, but I think we have wanted to get him away from Scotland.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Yeah have read Aberdeen and then Bolton yesterday wanted him so this is the best move possible I think,get away from any negativity around him and just play football plus do abit of growing up :50:

6. greenockbhoy

Listen M8 dont post here to often unless what I here I belive has any truth in it!

The Guy who told me is very reliable. If you dont want to belive it then thats fine!

Just tryin to give fellow fans a heads up as what I've heard!

And as I says would love Watt to make it here but doesn't seem likely now.

Sorry his names not Stephen but wint be mentioning his name! He wint want any hassle up that way

7. murphy88

It was me that asked his name mate. Because I know a guy that put the same story up on FB, a few days after Watt was sent home from the tour of Germany. That was when the rumour come out about him carrying the tele out of Asda. Just thought it might have been the same person you know.

8. Dáibhí

I should probably have posted this in here to begin with...

The truth is, Watt should never have been loaned out. He's done more than enough to prove he deserves a shot, and would do a turn I feel if he was given a decent run in the team and some faith was placed in him.

I fear that a spell in Belgium of all places has pretty much guaranteed that he'll never make the grade at Celtic.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Watt always played well when he got a game, was dangerous and looked likely to score or create a goal. He could have been kept but since his best positions are up front and left wing then with Forrest, Commons, Boerrigter, Samaras, Pukki and Stokes he would have hardly ever started. Better going out on loan and getting 20-30 starts.

10. Mr. Slippyfist

I think he was loaned out with the expectation that another striker (as well as Pukki) was coming in.

I would have preferred him to stay, but I've a good feeling that - even though this probably wasn't Watt's preferred move - this will work out for him and his development as both a man and a player.

Hopefully anyway......

11. Celtic abu

We`re absolute * at bringing players through. They are never given a proper chance

12. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    mgeady maloney forrest mcmanus kennedy were all given a chance not arguin just pointing out it isnt that water tight for youth to get a shot

13. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Smith, Crianey, Caddis, Wallace, Marshall, O'Dea, Beattie....

14. Bangarangura

i suspect he's going out on loan more for a break and mental challenge than the actual football, truth is he has stagnated since his barca goal and i think he needs reminded he's not made it yet, this challenge is ideal imo

15. Silenzio

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I was surprised as well about the loan, but you should take into account that the Belgian league is currently stronger than the Scottish league (not taking into account Celtic of course). I also think it might be good for him to spend a year in a foreign country.

I do not see any reason why a spell in Belgium would prevent him from making the grade at Celtic. Loads of players who have played in Belgium make it in the big leagues (EPL in particular).

16. cheesepoo

The Belgian league is perfect for us to loan players to. If we could get an affiliate club over there it would be great imo

17. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Ive been to Belgium, nice country - actually quite similar to scotland the farmland and fields and also the way things look just much cleaner and brighter looking not as gloomy also Ladbrokes bookies everywhere, so he should feel at home.

18. Vertie Auld

Why not Lierse? English Premier League sides loan many of their youngsters to Belgian sides - Chelsea, in particular.

19. Vertie Auld

We did have an agreement with Oostende but I dont think anything came of it. They've gone * up, anyway.

20. Mr. Slippyfist

A fact often found on FM :86: