1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Watched this yesterday..

Had an excuse for absolutely every club he was at. Virtually nothing was his fault :56:...then when he could've took some responsibility he said he didn't wanna talk about it..

Came across no bad and to see it from his perspective but honestly it just feels like he's one of those chip on his shoulder types with a bad attitude and in training, which will never get him anywhere. Shame as I do believe he's a good player and better than most cutting about our own division..

Wish he'd blow his nose as well for fucksake..

CFC.1, Just Kieran and Doogs. like this.
  2. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

That’s the thing wae him, he thinks he’s owed a living. Could have been a right good striker if he applied himself, maybe not as good as Griffiths but could have got a few caps and made a good career out of it. Just seems he’s got the excuses ready every time he leaves a club after 6 month...

PaulM1888 likes this.
  3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Yep. Backup 3rd striker here and he'd of been decent for example if he'd screwed the nut.....I honestly believe that..

Would've definitely been in Scotland squads as he's quick, fairly tall and strong and not many of them about..

Feels like every move is his final chance. If he manages to get a lucky move to a club as good as Aberdeen right now, then that really will be his last chance in the top flight unless he's willing to play for an Accies on a monkey a week..

Doogs. likes this.
  4. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

He could probably do a lot worse than sign for a club like Hamilton or St Mirren tbh. Applies himself he’s the best player in the team, you can bet he won’t bother his * wherever he ends up though.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye i said St Mirren before. Bang them in at a fairly easy level. Be the main man. Win a league and his stock will rise. Be playing top flight football in 6 month's..

If you're St Mirren and Ross do you gamble upsetting the group with a possible bad egg. Think that's the main reason bigger club's haven't been touching him..

6. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Definitely mate, must be a nightmare trying to manage the *.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He's clearly up his own * and wont make it anywhere without changing his attitude, been said a million times though. He knows it aswell and refuses to change.

8. celtic warrior

When even he recognises he's not great at training and even jokes about knowing Liverpool was a no go the second a bleep test is touted (albeit he was a wee kid then), then it's clear he's had this attitude he's entire career and refuses to change.

I've no doubt if he was to have done a Griffiths and knuckle down he'd still be here as our main striker.

He does the absolute bare minimum required to remain a pro footballer and that will never amount to anything.

9. davidhannah

He's training with Aberdeen. Came across as very young at heart in that interview. He's allowed to be and he's done well. Lived the dream! Anyone wanting to employ him will listen to that interview and hear his stories! Honest which is a good quality, I'd worry about being a bit open about attitude doubts... 24s a strange age. Society expects you to have screwed the nut already. Still think he'll do well, but his career could go either way.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. Pacific Ocean Blue

He was getting a game with Hearts at the beginning of last season then out of nowhere isn't even getting on the bench, Neilson hadn't left before this happened. I think it's just more than "bad luck with managers" and more to do with how he trains and his attitude.

Seems like an ok guy though, just needs to screw the nut a bit more I think

11. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Kind of player, that if I was McInness, I’d honestly take him in on a short term contract.

Can’t think of a player, that despite all his shortfalls, continues to intrigue me. Tall, strong, quick, technically sound - always liked what he brings to the table when on form.

Thought we had cracked it when I seen him play against Barca for the unders in the youth CL.

12. Fiferbhoy1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I like him as a person, he seems a good guy but he does not come across as having the attitude needed to make it big in the game. He lacks professionalism and fight. He admits he's a * trainer and had his contract terminated from Leuven instead of fighting for his place. He can't play for another club til next season anyway, so why not stay in Belgium and try and force his way into the manager's thinking?

BrownsGhirl8 likes this.
  13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

He's so naive and immature. Why does he just accept that he's not a good trainer? Why doesn't he wonder if that has anything to do why he's been cast aside by so many managers and clubs at the age of 24?

He was also quite self-depricating in that interview, too. I wouldn't be surprised if he maybe acted up because he really wasn't all that confident.

Watching the interview, I just kept thinking to myself he should go and play in one of the lower divisions. Ideally a full-time club, but maybe even a part-time thing to keep him ticking over until the end of the season. Just rediscover the scoring touch, get some games in your legs and enjoy your football again.

14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    He cant play till next season as he played for Charlton iam sure he said, think he couldve been proper good but will never be after listening to him admits at 24 he will always be * at training an doesnt seem the sort that can admit hes ever wrong , real shame

15. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I know, but surely they can appeal for some sort of special dispensation? What's to stop him playing some games on a non-contract basis for East Kilbride, for example? I doubt they have to register players in line with UEFA or FIFA or whatever?

Anyway, you're right. I remember saying when he first broke onto the scene that he's already a good striker at domestic level, and that it was kind of upto him how good he would be. Never mind his debut, or the goal against Barca, it was a game up at Inverness - he ruined them. He showed a combination of pace, power and skill that not a lot of Scottish players have. And he had that kinda gallus streak when he played.

As has been said so many times, history will show that the Barcelona goal was probably the worst thing that for his Celtic career. He probably didn't have the maturity to handle it, and the aforementioned gallus probably began to look like arrogance. The attitude in training that, according to his interview, Lennon used to accept might have begun to look like he thought he'd made it.

As you say, a real shame.

16. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  17. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think he came across thick as * mince in the Si Ferry interview, which he is.

That’s also the easiest explaination as to why he can’t seem to work out why he’s a talented waster despite (hopefully) a number of people advising him.

packybhoy likes this.
  18. Al Bootyerbaws

I’ve not seen this interview with Simon Ferry yet but I’ve heard Watt speaking a few times and he sounds like a * doughball with the attention span of a goldfish.

19. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

I was wondering there if Lennon might give him another chance? It was Lennon that got the best out of him after all.

Watt and Lennon at Hibs would be a good combo if it worked out. Watt has to get his next move right and he has to work for it because he has the talent.

20. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Not sure he could get into that team with McClaren, Kamberi and Oli Shaw all competing with each other though. Seeing his interview on youtube it makes you think that he wants to play for a top 5 side in scotland yet he has proved nothing to deserve a move to any of those clubs. 1 goal in 16 games for hearts isn't going to cut it if he does want a move to a side like Aberdeen or Hibs. Could see him going back down to england league 1 again