1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Left Charlton...

Looks to be joining OH Leuven (Belgium).

What a waste.

2. wanyama1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson/Victor Wanyama
    Such talent and he's wasting it, genuinely think he could play in the EPL

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

[​IMG]

Tony Watt has to make goals for OHL this season. De Schot was previously active in Belgium with Lierse and Standard and after the Belgian tour, the clubs went together.
    Tony Watt was not 20 years old when he drove down to Lierse. He had already scored in the Champions League against Barcelona for Celtic.

At Lierse, Watt immediately tasted what made him a transfer to Standard. But there was no flamboyant shot in the bin. Through Charlton, Cardiff, Blackburn, Hearts and again Charlton, he has arrived in Belgium again.

The 23-year-old Watt signed a contract for 1 season with an additional one-year option at the 1st Class B club.

4. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    He's not even faking being excited at this point.

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Head down Tony, you're 23 time is getting on. But still able to turn this around.
    Get that second year, get a transfer to somewhere half decent by 25, and then get a good few years actually doing what you should be doing - playing at a decent level and scoring goals for fun.

I don't think he has a bad attitude in that he is a *, I think he is just lazy and thinks it will all come to him without trying. Needs to wake up and realise the head needs to be focused and determined.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Artorias likes this.
  6. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Imagine where he would be right now if he had the same commitment and attitude that Tierney has.

It's weird though I always thought when he played for us he worked his socks off. Haven't seen much of him since he left but there must be something wrong with him after all these moves because he definitely has talent.

BrownsGhirl8 and Artorias like this.
  7. obafgkmlt The Unseen Fenian American SpaceTeuchter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Jules
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    He looks like a * neanderthal not going to lie

ladbroke8 likes this.
  8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    An absolute gabshite of a boy.

Honestly though think about the potential he had compared to players like Tierney and McGregor. Boy could've been a legit superstar but is a lazy * that's always up to no good. He'll be out of football in a few year.

Artorias likes this.
  9. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Tae think he could've been a contender .......

Artorias likes this.
  10. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Judging by his wee film critic videos he's just an absolute idiot. Not in a nasty way, just an out and out dumbo.

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  11. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    He is a few slices of bread short of a loaf and thats gospel

12. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Fantastic talent but an absolute waste since he's not willing to work or listen to coaches/managers to improve himself.

He'll be one of those guys you'll see about in 5 years talking about his goal against Barca but done * all else, just happy to go club to club as a journeyman.

Liam Scales likes this.
  13. Ireland United

Was just thinking the other night, had Tony still been on our books, but out on loan, Could Brendan have nurtured his undoubted (but so far wasted) talent?
    Lenny & Ronny felt he needed a kick up the backside, but maybe Brendans Arm Round the shoulders approcah might have made him tick.
    Hopefully he gets his Career back on track, still only 23 & time enough for him to do a Charlie Mulgrew!!

_DannyBhoy_ likes this.
  14. JamesM09

The guy's an enigma. I wish someone would come out and explain what's actually going on with him. Every manager seems to rate him but none can put up with him. Why do teams keep signing him?

I remember hearing he was a total * while he was at Celtic. I also get the impression he's really thick and has lost his interest in football to a certain degree. The YouTube thing is just strange behaviour when he should be concentrating on his football. It's as if he doesn't realise he won't be able to pick up football contracts forever.

There's obviously been talent there. I just really want one of his managers or someone to sit down and explain what the script is with him.

I definitely don't think Rodgers could do anything with him. There's just something there that's not normal so far as I can see. Whatever we got for him was a steal.

BrownsGhirl8 likes this.
  15. Bunk Moreland

Lazy * and stinking attitude is basically what I've gathered from various sources. Scoring against Barca was probably the worst thing to happen to him.

BrownsGhirl8 likes this.
  16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

9th club by the time you're 23...you'd think at some point the penny would have dropped. Belgian 2nd division :88: Only got yourself to blame wee man.

17. doctor venglos

I always rated Tony Watt and I really had high hopes of him when he was with Celtic, but it was not to be. He seems a really nice lad too going by his videos, but it appears to me he has off the field issues which may prove to be insurmountable to him being able to resurrect his footballing career.

18. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Quite clearly a player of limited ability if he was even half decent he would have made a go of it at hearts

19. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

He scores goals in Belgium!

20. BrownsGhirl8

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing/This Land Is Your Land/YNWA
    He is going to be the next Gary O'Connor or Deek riordan. Wasted talent. I just dont get what he is all about! 23 and always * about and aye he is young but look at players like KT? Celtic daft and love playing for the club and what its all about. All the things Tony Watt was meant to be also but he is just daft! I always think what does his parents think about him going here there and everywhere without settling and getting the head down? Surely he has other issues away from football as he has had chance after chance and still makes an absolute * of it :56: argh he is so frustrating!

Artorias likes this.