1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Mr. Slippyfist

He'll be no different to the auld * in the boozer stinkin a pish telling everycunt he had a trial wae Dagenham & Redbridge when he was 20.

2. HailHoopy

That's what it's looking like mate, I wonder if it was his ambition all along to flush his career away?

3. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    You absolutely get South American and African players doing the same as him.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace

Attached Files:

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Brazilians in general are notorious for finding pies, booze and * in Europe.

Liam Scales likes this.
  7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I think the goal against Barca had a real detrimental effect. He should have kicked on from there. Maybe when
    the dust settled he thought that the expectation on his shoulders was too much. Every time he arrives at a new club the expectation that the real talent is finally gonna bust out, so more attention and pressure. Maybe if he had been developed quietly things would be different. But he didn't and they aren't. It's unexplainable how this happens to players. Not mentally tough enough to handle the status that goes with a top player. He has talent but won't knuckle down. Not good for any team. But some great players have missed out because of confidence/mental issues. For us Cadette, Robinho and even back to our own George Connelly. Sad really.

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He can't keep blaming his goal against Barca... Or other's for him. He's a man, and aye it was a mega goal for a homegrown Tim but * me, KT wouldn't have gone on the slash or acted the * for half a decade or so after..

Everyone's different but no everyone get's signed and has there dream come true at Celtic. Plenty of footballers have become wasters... But hardly any with as many chances as he's been afforded..

King of Kings likes this.
  9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Yeah, maybe it is just simply having the wrong friends or hangers on getting in his ear.

10. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always been a fan of his but he's just a *.... And that's from someone who played for the same club as him outside Scotland and got wind of what he was all about..

packybhoy likes this.
  11. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    He's up against Jimmy Bullard in 'You know the drill' on Soccer AM, this morning.

12. 4-4-2

You'd like to think the penny would have dropped for the kid by now, but sadly seems not to be the case.....looking like it may never will.

Back in Coatbridge/Airdrie with a career cut short by many many years if doesn't turn it around very soon.

Too much too soon for him, or was he always going to turn out this way :(

13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tony Watt has said that he doesn't want to return to Scottish football after playing for Celtic and Hearts, preferring a career in England or abroad.

The Charlton striker is back in English League One after a loan spell at Hearts ended in December. Though he enjoyed his time at Tynecastle, he said it was only to get fit before a return to his parent club.

Watt is best known in Scotland for scoring the winner for Celtic against Barcelona while still a teenager but the 23-year old says he doesn't see himself returning to Scotland in the next decade.

"I came back for myself," he told STV. "I had an injury in the summer and it was never going to be a long term option.

"I don't want to be back in Scottish football, to be honest with you. I enjoyed it at Hearts but I don't see myself in Scottish football in the next five or ten years."

Watt spoke in glowing terms about his experience at Hearts but was clear that for financial reasons and because of playing style, he saw no reason to consider playing in the SPFL in the future.

He said: "Celtic's obviously the club I support and I've grown up and played with them. Hearts is a big club and I enjoyed my time there.

"It's just not for me. It's the style, the play, everything. Financially, England is better.

"It wouldn't be worth your while coming back to Scotland when you could play in England.

"I'm not saying that in a bad way or with a strong feeling. Hearts were brilliant with me. They gave me the platform to get my career back after an injury.

"I just feel English football is more suited to me, or foreign football away from the UK. I don't mean to speak badly of Scottish football, there's some great players here who could play in the English Championship or the Premier League.

"It's just that for me I prefer to stay in England for a while."

https://stv.tv/sport/football/13802...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

14. Dembele the next messi

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    When no one in England wants him he will be back up in Scotland with his tail between his legs looking for a contract!

Keano88 likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    He was saying how much he couldn't wait to get back to Scotland and how Hearts was a great move 6 month ago..

Lol..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2017
  16. Hail_hail6767

Clearly hurting his loan at hearts failed. Whilst saying he's staying in England for the cash.

Dembele likes this.
  17. HailHoopy

The guy is a pipe!

18. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Arrogant wee *, hope he ends up playing junior football. * doesn't deserve the talent he has.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Actually seen the video, he is a clueless idiot.

He won't have any career never mind down south or abroad, he simply hasn't fulfilled his potential and never will.

A total waster.

20. Harry Caray

Just seen him on STV news there, absolute clown.