1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tony Watt

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Maestro 08, Aug 30, 2013.

Discuss Tony Watt in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    CELTIC star Tony Watt is involved in a transfer tug of war between Belgian side Lierse and Aberdeen.

Record Sport can reveal the striker is being allowed to leave for a year-long loan and that has led to several clubs trying to land him before the transfer window closes.

Watt wants regular first-team football to build on the success of last season when he shot to stardom after his goal in the 2-1 Champions League win over Barcelona.

Hoops boss Neil Lennon feels the 19-year-old Scotland squad man will benefit from a loan move.

It is now a question of where he ends up. And last night the player and his representatives had narrowed it down to two clubs.

Going abroad appeals and Lierse have put an excellent package together to clinch a deal. He will fly to Belgium this morning to meet their officials and check out their facilities. But Lierse, who sit 12th in Belgium’s top-flight Jupiler League, face a fight from Aberdeen.

Backed by his ambitious board, Dons boss Derek McInnes is desperate to sign Watt and feels he’d be a fine addition to his squad. However, with the Scottish transfer window closing at 11pm tonight he has a race against time to get a move tied up.

Watt has been impressed with McInnes and will make a decision later today.

Meanwhile, Celtic received a Champions League boost when Group H rivals Ajax sold one of their best players – midfielder Christian Eriksen – to Spurs for £11m.

2. Diegan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Lierse I would imagine offers more risk/reward.

3. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Unless we're bringing in pukki plus one we're still fairly light up front..

Stokes,balde,pukki and then what atajic that's it..

Can't see it but a move to Belgium get the nut down would do wonders for for tony at a good level

4. Celtic Symphony

If he is just going to sit on the bench I would rather he went to Belgium to play, better standard throughout the league and a better style of football.

5. Cobbs67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy and Danny
    Would rather that he went to Aberdeen if anywhere, show us what he can do in the SPL week in week out.

6. DA_PAUL

I'm dissapointed to hear that daily rec report.Hope it's not true-if we have injuries to what i assume will be the starting two of stokes and the finnish guy-as someone said he is a totally different option to balde.Would like him to stay through this campaign-not like we are guaranteed the two cups and i'd like as strong a squad as possible for the treble-plus has stokes even signed a new deal?I'm stingy-i keep all our strikers here!

7. HoopswithPride

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul "The Maestro" McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail, Hail

I would loan him, don`t think he`s done enough in his appearances to chap the door down and demand a starting position.

If the talk is true, re: off-field and on-field attitude. Then I would like to see him go to Belgium. Experience of another culture and football nation could be just the fill up/kick up the * to push him on.

8. Born green

So did he leave or not?

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I'm glad he's been loaned out. Currently he isn't good enough to be a starter for us.

He's had plenty of game time and hasn't really impressed me that much that I would start him.

10. shendr18

well he isnt going to aberdeen or any other scottish team can only go to a teams whos transfer window is still open i assume that will be belgium

This seems awfully familiar to sheridan. Where he got loaned out and never came back we also have bangura out on loan. Sometimes get the feeling that they will never get a chance

11. Born green

Sooooo he has been loaned out???? Do you know this?

12. Scottk

Yeah confirmed he has gone to Belgium

13. GMS

14. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

Not happy bout that.

15. CelticKurd

Fav Celtic Player:
    Georgios Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony and Willie Maley
    I hope that when he comes back, he will be a regular here. The guy is Celtics attacking future and has potential to be a legend here.

16. chief1989

Great move for him, too much expected after the Barca goal. At least over in Belgium he will be out of the spotlight (unlike if he went on loan to a Scottish club) and he'll have a chance to get his head down and score some goals....could be the making of him!

17. TheZacDaddy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony!
    Problem is he got too big for his own boots after the Barca game / goal last season. He needs this to bring him back down to earth and I really hope it works, although his comments upon joining we're 'hope to avoid relegation' a big negative in there...
    No doubt he's been sent on loan - hopefully he uses the time well and to his advantage!

Hail Hail

18. Celticbhoy17

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgthylJTwWw"]Tony Watt is de nieuwe spits van Lierse - YouTube[/ame]

19. DA_PAUL

Or he thinks * us and doesn't want to come back lol.
    Have we ever sent a player out on loan and he has came back to be a first team regular?9 club starts 12 subs and 8 goals for a 18/19 year old is pretty impressive stats.He was never given a consistent run.Watched him against liverpool and while he obviously doesn't have the strength of balde-i dont think he is any worse a player.Oh well at least we have pukki now.

20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....