1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tam Rogic

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Heisenberg, Jan 17, 2013.

Discuss Tam Rogic in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. vortex666

2. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Could be wrong but I would be very surprised if he rejected a new deal. Where is he going to go? I smell *.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Brendan says Tom won't be leaving.

That's good enough for me.

4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Yer wrong.

5. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    We’ve needed an upgrade in the number 10 position for a while anyway.

He’s not anywhere near good enough for Europe. Too injury prone and inconsistent.

bhoy81 and Xatraps like this.
  6. SuperZidane

If his demands are too much, then we should punt him while he still has a year on his contract. Rogic is a class player on his day but, as you rightly say, he's injury prone and inconsistent. He also lacks stamina- for someone who is 24/25 - he seems to fade badly after 60 minutes or so - imo that's why he's used as a sub so much. I live in Australia and the people here seem to think he'll be wanted by a top EPL or European team. Personally I think that's bollocks - he could go to a mid table EPL team (or top championship) but no way will Man Utd, City, Spurs, Arsenal or Liverpool be interested. He could be another one who goes somewhere like Southampton but I think that'll be it - he's no Wanyama.

I'd love him to stay because he's effective in the SPL but if he's being too greedy - then move him on.

7. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't he just sign a new long term contract this time last year? :97:

8. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Signed a new one when Brendan arrived, August 2016.

This one runs out 2019.

ourdaywillcome! likes this.
  9. freitassen

We only need people who are committed to the club. Rogic is nowhere near good enough to justify a drama and begging on our knees for him to stay. If he doesn't want to stay then fine, his position is one of the easiest to find good players in the market, and we need to upgrade the team anyway.

10. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ummm, what? Really? I would say it's one of the most difficult to find and it's why there has always traditionally been such a premium on creative players and goal scorers in general. When Lubo hung his boots up MO'N had to adjust the formation of the team because it wasn't as if it's easy to find a ready made replacement for that type of creative player, and that was at a time when the club had the finances to be competitive in the transfer market with EPL clubs and beyond.

11. MAP

You are implying Tom is not committed to the club; and you know this how?

12. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I like Rogic. He's a lovely footballer, great touch and awareness, but his fitness levels are a problem. He picks up a lot of injuries, takes a long time to get back up to speed and - even at full fitness - struggles to get through 90 minutes.

It's like I'm describing Paddy McCourt all over again.

13. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

First bit of bullshit is that he isn't committed to the club. I'm not entirely sure what you're basing this on? I think to suggest he's 'nowhere near good enough' is incredibly harsh. He's a classy player, and not one we'd want to lose for free or in a cut-price deal.

The No. 10 position is an easy one to recruit for? That's nonsense. After strikers, the creative playmaker types are the most coveted in the game. How many good ones have we had since, say, Moravcik? We've struggled. Nakamura was probably the closest we've had, but he was played wide.

We tried the old boys like Juninho, Ljungberg and Kapo - who all failed. Commons did well, but he was not really a creator. Johansen was good in that role. Played with a freedom, had outstanding energy and could score and create.

14. dmac

If reports are true then that's a pity on his game he is a great player his injuries and recovery time are not great and he has never looked like he could keep up the pace for a full game. He can turn a game with a quick movement and that is what he is about he isn't a battling midfielder.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He doesn't. He doesn't know a thing about anything..

16. Martin_CFC

If we are looking to play a high pressing game moving forward then I don’t think it makes sense to give Rogic a new long term deal due to his ongoing fitness issues.

If he is looking for a substantial pay rise then I don’t think there is value in us committing to a deal for a player that has played under 100 games for the club since signing.

Thanks for the memories Oz but we’ve lost better players in the past and will lose better players in the future.

17. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    I'm not sure any smart manger in the world will come out and say 'yeh he's refused a new contract because the board are tight arses' and get the fans to turn on players, the source is pretty reliable and makes sense- for most Aussies the dream is to play in England unfortunately.

18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Other than Rogic being a far superior player.

19. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

Do you think so? Rogic has undoubtedly contributed more to Celtic, I'm not denying that. But in terms of pure footballing ability I think they're pretty close in terms of style and quality.

20. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Yep.

McCourt is one of the most overrated players in recent times at Celtic. Scored some beauties but other than being able to dribble past diddies in Scottish football, he didn’t have much else to his game.

Rogic is more physical, can ping in crackers, great vision and can pick a pass.

bhoy81 likes this.