1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Daley expecting a baby with his husband

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Callum McGregor, Feb 14, 2018.

Discuss Tom Daley expecting a baby with his husband in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Based on the way this thread has been going, that doesn’t seem to be the case:52:

2. Bob Loblaw Gold Member Gold Member

Yes. That sort of intolerance is usually reserved for those knuckledraggers.

3. Aidan O’Shea

You’d be hard pressed to find anyone there cultivated or well-educated enough to engage in this type of discussion.

4. Sween

As I said I havent given it much thought and it is an opinion based on intuitive feel. There is probably no evidence either way given two men having babies is a very recent thing. And even if there was a generation of research it would be difficult to compare how a child did turn out compared to how they might have.

Anecdotally, based on the kids in my family and close friends, I think they are better placed having a mother in their lives than if the mum was replaced with a man. Nothing to do with being gay but there is a biological connection between mother and child that I cannot replicate as a man, no matter how good a dad I am.

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I can't pretend to know a lot about it, but a few minutes reading online provided this information:

"Oxytocin, commonly heralded as the bonding hormone, is known to be released in large amounts during birth and breastfeeding to help regulate maternal bonding in mammals. However, less well known is that fathers experience rises in oxytocin equal to mothers as a result of interacting with their infants."

https://theconversation.com/do-moth...nds-with-their-children-than-fathers-do-57590

Seems that it's more to do with nurture rather than inherent nature.

Sween likes this.
  6. Sween

Fair enough. But having recently gone through the new baby process I dont believe that a man with a plastic bottle can reproduce the connection between a woman has through child birth and breast feeding.

7. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Does this also mean that any woman ( who for whatever reason) doesn't breast feed that she is in some way less of a mother than a woman who does ?

Seán Mac D likes this.
  8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

A biological connection doesn't define you as a good or bad parent, an individuals' actions and intentions do.

Proven by the fact there are millions of biologically connected parents who are awful and millions of adoptive parents with no biological connection who would do anything to give their adopted child the best life possible.

9. Sween

No. It means it is sub-optimal for the baby.

10. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fathers can produce the same depth of connection, through other means, according to studies, despite not participating in pregnancy or breastfeeding.

"Over the past 40 years, several authors have reported on the nature of the pregnant woman's emotional attachment to her unborn child. The notion that expectant fathers may also develop antenatal attachment is much less accepted. In the present study, a questionnaire instrument assessing antenatal attachment was administered to both members of 54 first-time expectant couples. This allowed a direct comparison to be made between men and women in terms of their thoughts, feelings and behaviours towards the foetus. No similar comparison has been published to date.

Three of the major findings were: (1) thoughts and feelings about the foetus are strikingly similar between pregnant women and expectant fathers; (2) the behavioural expression of this antenatal attachment is considerably attenuated in the men, most likely due to perceived conflicts with the * role stereotype of masculinity; (3) attitudes towards the foetus per se are not necessarily correlated (in either *) with attitudes towards ‘being pregnant.’"

Sween likes this.
  11. LV426 Guest

:40:

12. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    More importantly,what would Doc Holliday say???

13. richardm

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcgrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I find the thought of a perverse little freak like you having children way more disturbing than Daley and his chum to be honest..

You should become a Catholic to save your soul..:40:

14. Mr. Slippyfist

Yet more pearls of wisdom from the self-appointed voice of moral fortitude :56::56::56:

Shouldn't you be half-way to Zenit just now so you tug off some Russkies?

15. Maestro 08

You get the feeling the OP likes to drop these stories then sits back waiting for someone he can have a go at. It's called being a * stirrer.

16. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Oh bless........

When that wee yin is in the play ground and he or she gets the "ma da is bigger then your da" he or she will have a great come back

"Ma da is also bigger than ma da"

Mmmm each to there own I suppose