1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by M 67, Feb 25, 2017.

Discuss Tom Clancy: Ghost Recon in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. M 67

anyone given the beta a bash this weekend?

Used to love tom Clancy games but the division was so disappointing I'm no getting ma hopes up loads again!

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Wish I posted earlier mark, beta lasts till tomorrow (not sure time) but if you can manage it, give it a go.

Love it so far. Pretty much is far cry meets gta online (Heists). Only thing that is a negative for me is the vehicle physics, similar (if not worse a little) to the far cry physics. Be it that it is built on the same engine, to be expected.

Didnt play the division, though this plays a lot different to what I assume that to have been.

As far as comparisons to far cry, it is really just the fact its built on the same engine and utilises the same open world idea. Other than that the game play is more gta online, 3rd person shooter but with better control and the weapons have a lot more attention to detail. Of which the customization on weapons is unreal.
    Go to the loadout menu and select the gun you have, from there select "parts" and the weapon sort of opens up to show each part, of which you can customize when you find the parts. So new barrels, scopes, mags, laser sights, rails, triggers, everything. So each gun really will become unique to your liking. Paint options also available.

Graphically it is spot on, again thanks to the same engine as far cry (I really should Google what the engine is called). Although you are able to go through the smaller bushes etc, they all do look full and react well to wind and physical movement when you run over. Larger trees do stop you in your tracks.
    Unlike gta, and with a nice touch to detail, your weapons dont just disappear in to your back pocket. Pick your load out, and there they are visually on you and your back pack. Sheer size off the sniper on one side, your mp5 on the other while you run around with your pistol out.

Use of drones is also good, and like weapons also have a good deal of customisation and increase in ability. Spend your skill points on upgrades to your drone, you or even the rebel support you can call in. All of which designed to increase skill and ability as you progress in the game.

Something I liked about that, is helping a mate out who started the game a few hours after me. Having already picked up a sniper, when I dropped in to his game and helped him in a mission, I was able to do it a different way which helps add to the already massive game.

If you start in a single player game, you get 3 other ai allies to roam the Bolivian countryside. But jump in to a server with a friend or 3 and you get to really test out the strategic side of the game and feel a big part of a squad - more so than that of the heists I'm gta online - as you plan your attacks.

Anyway, before I big it up any more, I would heavily recommend it. Its got a mix of 3 games in it, and minus the vehicle physics, it does all of it really well.

Nasser, ChrisMoh and M 67 like this.
  3. M 67

Thanks for the reply mate.

Only got an hour or so on it :(

Is there any PVP mode you know tony???

4. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Been looking forward to this.Big fan of tom clancy games espiecially the old rainbow six games on pc

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Not that I'm aware of. Seems to be either solo play or drop in lobby with 4 players in your squad. No one else will be in your world.

6. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    woud be good if people could jump into your game to get you like in bloodborne,demon souls.optional of course.

7. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The majority of reviews have been very positive. Looks good.