1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] Thulani Serero

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, Jan 2, 2017.

Discuss Thulani Serero in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Nah. Done that with Allan and look where he is.

We shouldn't be concerning ourselves with them anyway, never mind signing a player just to wind them up.

JC Anton likes this.
  2. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As for Serero, don't remember him when he played against us and don't like watching YouTube videos to form a judgement on a player as its often pretty misleading.

To be honest, no matter who we are interested in I have complete faith in Rodgers' judgement, he hasn't done anything so far to change that.

3. Damnati

I liked Serero the few times that we've played Ajax recently, but right now I'm not sure it's a priority position. Feels mad saying that because we were all pretty perturbed that we didn't sign a DM/CM when the Summer window closed :56:

I don't want to sign anyone for depth because we have plenty of that at the moment. Any signing should be a marked improvement on what we already have and I'm not certain that Serero is.

4. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    It can be debated about whether or not he'd be an instant improvement, certainly with Armstrong in this form, however the centre of the park should definitely be a priority.

We still lack depth there IMO and if we are able to make an improvement on Armstrong or even Brown for that matter then we should strive to do so.

Team is doing well but no reason not to continue to build on the work done.

Swervedancer likes this.
  5. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I think we need one midfielder, towards the start of the season I was thinking two but Armstrong is a completely different player now, and looks like he will cement a place in the team. I think Armstrong, Brown, Rogic and another good quality midfielder would be more than enough with McGregor/Henderson/Bitton as back up although ideally we punt one or two of them.

If Roberts is to leave in the summer then think we should be looking at wingers now, and we are also going to need a central defender as its highly possible Toure will finish in the summer and that would leave our third choice as O'Connell or Boyata.

6. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    If he is better than Biton and Mcgregor than go for it . We need a third truly quality CM for games when we wish to pack the midfield ( CL ) .

7. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Actually that there that he isn't even in their squad brings a lot of doubt over it for me if True.
    I'd see us as just good probably better than Ajax now and considering were looking to bring a midfielder to go into the team and start that would make a real difference in suring up the defensive side of things in Europe. I know other teams can be better equipped in other areas. But I don't think a player in the Ajax reserves would do that regardless of him looking tidy in the past against us , at the moment. Also not really into "brendan resurrecting him" if you will unless brendan actually wants to. BR has done enough to deserve a ready to go DM that just needs bedding in.

8. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Not keen on this if true. Can't even get a squad number for Ajax. Doesn't sound right. Must be a better option somewhere else

9. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

What position does he play? I don't know how Ajax play, but in the video, looks like he plays in Armstrong's position?

Unsure on this one. Good for competition, but like said earlier, feel we need a "Wanyama" in there. Brown is having a great season, but if he were to get injured, Bitton can't be trusted to step in.

Mental how Wanyama came in and made such an impression that people always say "Wanyama" role, guys class.

10. Damnati

I think McGregor, Bitton and Henderson are more than adequate back up. Not sure Serero is better enough than any of them to justify bringing him in.

11. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Seems like a squad addition which I don't think we need.

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Cupid Stunt

Don't get why we'd want someone who can't get game time at a club we should be aspiring to be better than and who are letting his contract run down.

14. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Lasse Schone, can we sign him?

15. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I like him. He's technically very good, very quick & mobile and works hard. That's exactly what Rodgers wants. He's a good age, has experience of playing for a title-winning side and European football and is available at a good price.

The concerns would be that he's fallen out of favour at Ajax, doesn't have a great goal record and he's very slight.

16. Dallas Cowbhoys

*, that was who I was thinking this guy was :giggle1:

17. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Highly doubt we'll see it. He's 30 now too. I just can't see Rodgers taking a gamble on someone he doesn't know already at that age.

I'd like to have seen him in the hoops after the first time we played Ajax.

As for Serero, I don't recall him but that Ajax team we seemed to get every year was extremely impressive. I know they've gone downwards since then but they were a real challenge to play.

18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye * the YT vids. I'm fed up checking players out on it. After checking Pukki, Miku, Amido Balde, the polish dude Browczsyk or something. They all looked decent on YT. Am sure whoever got big Amido, the fans checked out his vid of scoring for us against Liverpool and creamed themselves.

19. celts67

Celtic are interested in unwanted Ajax midfielder Thulani Serero, according to reports in South Africa.

It is being claimed the Scottish champions have joined clubs such as Reading and Bordeaux in monitoring the 26-year-old’s situation.

p:nth-of-type(2)","sizes":[[300,250],[8,8]],"hideOnSensitiveArticle":true,"relativePos":"after","additionalClass":"in-article","name":"div-gpt-ad-vip-slot","type":"VIP"}" data-response-start="817.57" data-type="gpt" data-google-query-id="CNm147mMptECFTAh0wodypoKQg" data-response-end="3093.9850000000006" data-viewable="true" style="background-image: initial; background-position: initial; background-size: initial; background-repeat: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; border: 0px; font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 24px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; overflow: hidden; z-index: 1; font-family: "Open Sans", sans-serif; height: 8px; max-height: 8px;">
    Serero is in his last six months of his contract with the Dutch giants and is so far out of the picture, he wasn't even handed a squad number at the start of the season.

But he was once a key player for Ajax and produced a man-of-the-match performance and scored in a 2-1 win over Barcelona when he also played twice against Celtic in the 2013 Champions League.
    The South African will leave in this month's transfer window either on loan or his contract will be mutually terminated with Ajax.

And reports in his homeland have indicated Celtic are on the trail of the 30-times capped international, who was once linked with a big-money move to AC Milan two years ago.

But they face competition from Reading boss Jaap Stam and Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.

Sereno admitted last month he couldn't wait to leave Ajax.

He said: "Reading, Bordeaux and some other clubs have expressed an interest in me.

"That interest makes me feel good and gives me more energy‚ which I need now.

"I could sit at home crying‚ but I chose the other option. To keep my head up and keep a positive attitude.
    "I am a very strong person. I can handle myself and look in the mirror‚ because I've always been good for everyone at Ajax and have always given everything.

"The worst thing for me was not being on the pitch on match-day. That caused me a lot of pain."

20. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

I was just kidding mate, he's just a player I've always liked.