1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Thomas Rogne

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by TheHolyGoalie, Sep 2, 2015.

Discuss Thomas Rogne in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Was reading up on some of our old players today and saw Rogne's now playing for Gothenburg after leaving Wigan. Gothenburg are top of the Swedish league (7pts ahead of Malmö after 22 games) and he seems to be playing regularly going by his wiki stats, not a bad move for him.

I always thought he was a good player held back by one thing... injuries. I'd have him in the team before the likes of Efe and Boyata now btw...

2. Seosamh Máirtín

I always loved having him in the team. He was a very reliable defender, positionally, marking and at reading the game. Just lacked a bit of pace and athleticism. I wonder what he's doing now that he's getting a steady run of games, because we could use a player of his qualities.

3. s88 Gold Member Gold Member

Thought he was decent. Wasn't he only about 20 when he was part of our first team?

4. Shane1888

I liked big Rogne.

He was a big part of Lennon's reign when he was manager here, still think he gets overlooked and underrated by some Celtic fans. Played the full 90 minutes when we stuffed them 2-0 at Mordor, with several injuries in our squad.

I'd go as far as saying I would take him back here one day. The fact that he is Norwegian helps too, and still very young for a footballer at 25. Maybe not even hit his peak yet.

5. AJ Styles Moussa Dembele's eyes Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Never looked comfortable playing for Wigan although playing alongside Caldwell for most of it probably didn't help

6. Jozo The Provo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic symphony
    Edit

Never mind

7. TimFloyd Gold Member

Aye was he not injured all the time?, I thought he was decent enough and you could see he had the potential to be molded into a good defender.

8. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye he never even managed 20 games in a season when he was with us. Shame, as I said in the OP, he's better than a lot of the defenders we have now, he'd walk into the team.

9. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    If I remember right we used to rack up clean sheets when he played, I was really excited about him at one point. He was * solid, lack of pace let him down. What pace he did have seemed to have been taken away by injury.

10. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

Always wondered why we got shot of him, liked him as a big, solid defender. Injuries must have done him a bad turn here I suppose.

Good to see hes got his career back on track. Could do with a big * like him just now.

11. VikingBhoy

Apparently he has revived his career a bit in Sweden. Doing well for Gothenburg from what I've heard.

12. VikingBhoy

Edit: actually, just looked him up. Apparently got injured in August and lost the rest of the season....

13. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Seen milk turn quicker.

14. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, we had several spells when he played for us where we never conceded and then he would miss a game and we'd concede goals then he'd come back and we'd not concede for ages lol

Looking at his record with Gothenburg aswell its quite similar, they kept cleansheets in 11 of the 19 League games and 3 of the 4 European games he played in. Overall he's played 24 games for them and they kept clean sheets in 14 of them.

For us he played 65 games and we kept clean sheets in 37 of them but 3 of the games he wasnt on when we conceded so he really didnt concede in 40 of the 65 games he played for us. Some record.

Was a spell to the first 18 League games he played for us we never conceded in 14 of them.

In the Norwegian League too his team kept 7 clean sheets in the 13 games he played.

For Norway he played 2 games, 1 cleansheet.

Big * a mad clean sheet machine(except for Wigan). We should bring him back and wheel him out for European games as he only played 3 for us Helsingborg, Helsinki and Benfica and we didnt concede a goal in them.

15. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Actually more than that, 37 clean sheets in his 65 appearances but there was games against Rangers(31mins), Hibs(45 mins), Kilmarnock(1min), Dundee Utd(20mins), Hearts(7mins), Aberdeen(62 mins) and Kilmarnock(56mins) he played in where we didnt concede when he was on, so of the 65 games he played we didnt concede while he was playing in 44 of them.

16. BigWilly The Wildcard Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Willy
    I would take him back, I always liked him

17. The Celtic Way

what a jaw the boy had on him

18. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

He was a pretty impressive defender. I remember him playing against Rangers in one of his early games - must've been when Mowbray was in charge.

He was solid, calm, good in the air and seemed to be able to sense danger. Though (as everyone has pointed out) he was painfully slow. His distribution was solid enough, but nothing spectacular.

Were it not for his injury record he may well still be playing for us. Alongside someone with a little more pace, he'd have made a fine defender.

19. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I have watched him a few times this season. He has been great for IFK Göteborg. Been very solid, and was mentioned as one of the best defenders for the season until he got injured, again. He missed the last 2-3 months of the league, and that was probably a big reason why IFK missed the gold in the end.

20. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I'm honestly starting to think our club couldny spot a player if they tried, would have done us no harm at all to keep a hold of him, doubt the player wanted to leave at the time either.

Feels like theres fuckall positive about us just now at all, * depressing the * out me.