1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Thomas Gravesen Thread

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by mikeybhoy, Aug 15, 2006.

Discuss Thomas Gravesen Thread in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. mikeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Di Canio,larsson,hartson,sutton,etc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    youll never walk alone,HailHail
    Celtic are still in the Running to Sign Real-Madrid Midfielder Thomas Gravesen,

[​IMG]according to his agent(but i suppose we know what there like greddy so and so's eh)

The Danish International,who has been told he is surplus to requirements at the Bernabeu,is to make a decision on his future in the next few days.

Newcastle have also been linked with the 30-year-old and agent John Sivebaek told reporters "Thomas is still very warm on the idea of Moving to Glasgow.":84: :84:

Source-- Check out the Teletext on Channel ITV1 Page 402 and its all there in black and white bhoys+ghirls:50: :50:

Personaly I think it looks good coz I think Thomas Gravesen has been checking out Houses just in case he moves to Glasgow

Newcastle Utd are ment to be wanting him also,fair enough the Premiership again for him but for Gravesen I feel he would want another crack at the CL and with Celtic he can have that chance plus Thomas knows what the Premiership is like and Maybe he wants a change but I feel for this deal to go through Celtic would have to sell Petrov and think about it bhoys+ghirls Would you prefer Gravesen to Petrov??? Personaly Petrov would win all the time in my opinion.

If the bhoys pull this deal off good on them I say!!!:50: :50:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2006
  2. Bogusz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc, McManus, Naka, Zurawski
    fingers crossed !

3. KevF2416

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Hartson, Alan Thompson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Celtic probably will have been on this deal for a while now, but wheter it can be clinched its a different story.

4. hubert

Fav Celtic Player:
    willie fernie & Shunsuki Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    for its a grand auld team to play for
    If I was running things, I wouldnt hesitate to sell Petrov and sign Gravessen, he is just the ticket as far as I can tell.

5. KevF2416

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I would be great business, but unfortunately its a bit more complicated than that:celt_2:

6. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    I wouldnt be disapointed with signing Gravenssen either Hubert......as long as we still had change left from whatever we got for Stan.......as Gravenssen is an older player.

7. KevF2416

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Talking figures, Celtic would hopefully 7 million for Petrov and Gravesen brought in for roughly 2 million. I think Gravesen would be on a similar wage to Petrov's wage, which could be a stumbling block for the deal.

8. mafyoo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Donati song
    he would be a great signing

9. hubert

Fav Celtic Player:
    willie fernie & Shunsuki Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    for its a grand auld team to play for
    Like as I see most here would like to see Gravessen at Celtic, and for me its not a choice between Petrov and him, because Petrov will leave sooner or later, which all things considered is ok, but Gravessen is the type of player that can and will get stuck in during the CL games, we really need muscle as well as skill.

10. madtim1967

Fav Celtic Player:
    Gravesen/ VOH / JIRI / Maloney/Mcgeady/Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Youll Never Walk Alone
    well if petrov goes ..hope he comes tbh.. its all over text at the moment and i expect to be in papers tomorrow.. . top player . that would make lennon also surplus as graveson is a holding midfielder and a top one at that who can dig and put his foot in also .. great mobility also .. would be a major coup tbh...

---------------- Gravesen----------------------------

Naka------------ Jarosik-------------- Mcgeady/Maloney
    -v----------------- v--------------------------- v-----

Me like.big time .. against hearts we were found out by playing 2 attacking midfielders in the middle petrov and jiri ...left huge spaces for the herts when they attacked us on the break ....also if bieng honest i think we are a little light weight in the middle of the park at the moment ... and he would add some steel to it... now if we have a holding midfielder of gravesons ilk and tracking mobility... with jiri , naka,maloney,mcgeady going forward .... theres no stopping us in midfield i feel ... can play against most.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2006
  11. wanmadtim Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka - Brown - Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Walk On
    Have we ever known it to be anything other than complicated where Celtic and signing players are concerned Kev? :celt_2:

12. Mark

Nice one - let's hope we hear some more news on this one over the next few days! Still needing a fecking striker though!!!

13. JTBhoys01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All of them
    Hello peeps new Bhoy here,

He would be excellent addition & would see him as permanent fixture in midfield, like you have said he adds a bit of muscle meaning Jarosik has the freedom(one Petrov goes to Villa)

If we still had 2paces short of a snail Hatrson, we might have better goal difference, but Miller will come good BTW:50:

C'mon ther hoops:celt_2: :shamrock:

14. mikeybhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Di Canio,larsson,hartson,sutton,etc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    youll never walk alone,HailHail
    Gravesen may not have Petrov's amazing 'engine' but he is a better tackler,Gravesen is very good passer and can shoot from distance and His goalscoring record with Everton was excellent from midfield.

My mate, who watched him at Everton and was gutted when he went to Real Madrid, ,he also says that he was two midfielders in one. Loads of skill but could also intimidate if necessary.
    I Think Gravesen:notworthy will improve Celtic IF he comes.
    -----
    Just think of this Midfield for CL-Games!!
    Naka,Jarosik,Gravesen:83: ,Maloney:notworthy and we would have plenty cover on the bench in Midfielders in McGeady,Riordan,Sno,Lenny:eek:Lawson.But Stilian will be missed badly and I really think Thomas Gravesen would walk the SPL coz our game would suit him down to a tea!!!!

I think we would all agree that if Petrov leaves he will be missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:55: :55:

15. squire_2

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scotty Broon & Aiden McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Sounds promising, hopefully this time the speculation wont fade away into nothing. Big Tam's exactly what we need the now and everyone knows it, but i think our team would be far more solid with petrov playing alongside him in the middle. Petrov's a strong player the same as Gravesen, the thought of them pairing up in the middle of the Hoops' midfield is definately exciting. The only thing with that is that Jarosik would have to be dropped, but what a back-up central midfielder to have.

Naka-----Petrov-----Gravesen-----Maloney

with subs - Jarosik, McGeady, Lennon, Sno, Pearson, Wallace

That amount of options to have at your disposal would be comforting to most managers in the game :celt_2:

16. BattalionFC

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady
    I like it, but as someone mentioned earlier, I think we'd have to find significant time for McGeady considering the ways hes playing and coming along.

Sounds like we'd be able to pull this off on CL money alone. If we sell Stan thats 6-7 million for a left back and striker ... we should be able to sign a couple of quality players with that for sure. As much as dont want to see him go, Stans sale might end up being essential in order to address the teams weaknesses.

17. JTBhoys01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All of them

18. GuitarBhoy

Gangland, Vancouver, BC, The Great White North
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Celtic
    No Maloney?!

19. JTBhoys01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    All of them
    Giving wee KM chance for his effort, but no goals in next couple of games I would have to consider Maloney as next option, would rather have fit Maloney than have him pitched in & be sidelined again so early in season.

WGS has soooo much talent to choose from in midfield & upfront, it's hard to change the team so much & keep a good unit.

:shamrock: :shamrock: :shamrock:

20. hkbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Sadly i think his agent is using our name to help promote his client. just cannot see how financially we will compete with the EPL sides as far as wages go but obv the more people his agent says are int the better deal he's likely to get.

Hoping we do but realistically dont think it will happen