1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

This must be our Spanish team..read me please

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by viewparkbhoy, Dec 4, 2004.

Discuss This must be our Spanish team..read me please in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. viewparkbhoy

Saw this on another forum and I feel deserves a wider audience......enjoy

Admired friends:

We are writing to you from the Spanish city of Se'willma', where not to long ago, barely a year, your team had the opportunity of playing the UEFA cup final, against Oporto. This city still keeps colorful and wonderful memories about your joy and your way of understanding football. We keep great memories of our city conquered by green and white flags and scarves.
    First we would like to introduce ourselves, we are addressed as Betisweb, based on an Internet web page. There, hundreds of Betis fans get together to comment about sport, social events, and of course about our beloved team Real Betis Balompie.
    A couple weeks ago many of us discovered with great satisfaction, during the game Celtic vs. Barcelona, that numerous Celtics supporters had scarves of Real Betis. This action was enough for us to incite contact between what is considered one of the best fan base in the world, but there is something else we will like to mention.
    Approximately 100 years ago a British man based on this city, and obsessive about football, participated on the founding of what it is today our passion and our sporty feeling, Real Betis Balompie. In the beginnings Mr. Jones actions were so decisive to our team, that in one of his trips to Scottish lands got captivated with Celtic of Glasgow that he wanted that his team Betis Balompie to carry the same colors as the Celtic. This is the reason why our jersey and our flags are decorated in Green and white.
    Although in addition to the similarities already mentioned there are many others similarities that we discovered by reading your history, especially those social and sport links that our and your team have. This make both teams had common roots and forms. We may not have the fortune of having the same success as meaningful as yours or the magnitude of titles.
    For all the things we covered, we have decided to take this step of proximity between supporters, after all we are talking about the Celtics followers, one of the best in the whole world. We as well are well recognized internationally, even thought shortened of sport achievement, but we keep encouraging with fervor and fidelity to our team that is out of the ordinary. Our most significant characteristic is one based on old legend. It was that was created during the most difficult years of our history and identified for everyone as "manquepierda (even-if-loosing)". This myth is based on our Betis pride and the adversities that we had to stand during the 40's and 50's into horrible situations. This due to the fact that we were champions of the Liga and in a short period of time the Real Betis was found playing in 3rd division fields. We, the supportes, have always been a socially and sportily oppressed. But we have reacted to this with the weapons of what we have and without any sense we gave more illusion to our team. Our Betis. Betiscism is not just a group of supporters is a form of understanding life and living it.
    Now that you understand this, we have decided to initiate a closeness of both supports groups that for history and for peculiarity, consider the nearest to us. Due to this facts, we wish that this letter that we send to you would mark up a beginning of brotherhood between two great supporter parties that are united by color and the same feeling for their teams.
    We wish that all this was of your pleasure, you can always count on us, and we will be glad to hear from you.
    To reach us please contacts us thought this web address:
    http://www.betisweb.com/foros
    Thank you in advance

PD:LOG IN AND SPEAK WITH OUR, PLEASE.

2. Dubsbhoy Banned!

great stuff great read and sounds like a great club. Will check out that site when i get a chance too. I'd say "best fan base in the world" is quiet accurate.

3. BTG

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady, Maloney, Browny
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Great club are Betis, would be more than happy to forge links.

4. pereztroff

Fav Celtic Player:
    Petrov
    "Musho BETIS"
    I'm like Real Betis, I'm too from Spain, I live in Andalucia.

¿como quedo el partido contra la Real Sociedad?
    translation--> what is the result against r.sociedad? betis played saturday.

sorry for my english, sorry if I write in spanish.

c'mmon celtic!!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2004
  5. Celtic Mad Administrator Administrator

Great read and wish Betis the best in the future! Will be following Betis a bit closer now after I have read this.

6. jaradthescot

Fav Celtic Player:
    Beattie again. Give the wee bhoy a run, WGS
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Jinky
    Hmm/.... is any of the site/forum in english? I went in and saw only spanish so was forced to leave

7. yeh, when you register you can change it into english. i do spanish at school, so i can tell parts of it. NOT fluently though.

8. banio

Fav Celtic Player:
    All of them
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of athenry
    How can you log in when it is in spanish

9. i tried to work it all out in my spanish dictionary. nae luck though!

10. there's a few teams who have been inspired by celtic using green and white like
    greuther fuerth, yeovil town, real betis. many german teams like st. pauli, vfb stuttgart etc. zagreb have a big celtic support, where ivan was from!

11. i had a feeling that real betis could have a link with us. i always used to wonder about panathinaikos because they wear green and white (think they've now got hoops) and have a shamrock on their badge, and when i saw them against arsenal i saw loads of tricolours so i think they must have been started by the irish,

does anyone know anything about panathinaikos?

12. Dubsbhoy Banned!

Think they have Irish connections alright and i think ronnie whealan managed them for a time.

13. viewparkbhoy

Re Translations Spanish to English and vice versa..try this if you are interested.....

http://babelfish.altavista.com/tr

Just copy the text and paste it into the translation box. Select Spanish to English, press translate and Hey Presto!