1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] The Witcher 3 (opinions)

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Vinnie BBQ, May 26, 2015.

Discuss The Witcher 3 (opinions) in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I've never actually used it. Will give it a go when I get back from work.

Any other tips feel free to share.

2. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

True, pop quen befor the fight, then have aard ready if you have more than Three enemies make it easier:) Axii is good for enemies with shield.
    and don't forget to Dodge and roll around while wielding your sword of pain:60:
    you really need to learn to block and roll alot if you play on harder modes.

PeeKay likes this.
  3. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Why for some quests that take 5 minutes I get 300 points and for others that take ages I get 2!?

4. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Netflix have just announced that they are producing a Witcher TV show! The author if the original books will be a creative consultant.

Personally, the dream actor for Geralt would be Mads Mikkelsen.

[​IMG]

5. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    beat me to it was reading about that there.should be interesting.

6. The Greenman King of kings

That's just made me *

Artorias and Officer Doofy like this.
  7. Bumblebee

Wow @Dear Hunter Mads Mikkelsen is an amazing choice for Geralt, bravo :57:

Started playing this again, deleted all my saved dated so starting completely from scratch. Turned off the mini map, quest objectives, notifications when my armour/weapons are damaged, button prompts, and consumables, all that is left on the screen is my health bar. Recommend trying this out if anyone hasn't already adds a completely different experience to the game, makes you look out for landmarks more to remember the area. Also not fast traveling at all(unless it's between areas which is unavoidable) taking my time to read absolutely everything this time around, read most of the stuff before but not every little thing.

Anyway so far I feel far more immersed in the game totally role playing it this way, good fun!

Artorias likes this.
  8. Bunk Moreland

Bought the GOTY edition a few weeks ago (first Witcher game I've played) and just recently finished the main story and the Hearts of Stone DLC. What a game so far, it's definitely up there with Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Dragon Age, Mass Effect and Final Fantasy.

As with all RPG's though it's not perfect so a few things I'd change are as follows:

Secondary Quests can be far too long. I noticed a lot dragged on a bit much and involved a lot of * about. I think the more traditional approach would have been better with these lasting no more than 15 minutes.

Witcher Contracts are too repetitive and at times too long. Get contract, meet NCP who tells you about it, investigate area (sometimes speak to more NCP's beforehand), go to area, use Witcher senses, find clues, follow trail using Witcher senses, kill monster. They could be doing with cutting out the whole tracking it down mechanic as it's boring.

Treasure Hunts are far too boring, for me it basically involved fast travelling to the nearest waypoint then going and getting the blueprint. Would have rather they were rewarded in some way throughout the story.

Overuse of caves. For a big open world game with fantastic graphics I found myself in generic dark caves where I couldn't see * far too often.

Game crashed quite a lot although that's not uncommon for a huge open world RPG but the autosave doesn't save often enough. Found myself completing treasure hunts then the game crashed but the game doesn't save after them so had to restart from the last fast travel and do the treasure hunt again.

Apart from the above, which are kind of minor issues the game is amazing. The characters are interesting and the dialog is among the best I've seen in RPG's, I've lost count of the amount of times I was pishing myself laughing at the Scottish dwarfs patter :giggle1: The story was good and I thought the Hearts of Stone DLC was fantastic.

On to the Blood and Wine DLC now :84:

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

@Bunk Moreland glad you like it.

Blood and Wine is a fantastic expansion. Toussaint is absolutely stunning.

10. The Greenman King of kings

Bought the DLCs for this ages ago but haven't played them yet for some reason :56:. Some * game it is though one of my top 5 of all time

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  11. Bunk Moreland

I think it's going to be one of those RPG's like where you feel a bit empty in your life after finishing everything as there's no point in playing it anymore :giggle1:

That's when you know you've played a good RPG.

12. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:giggle1:

I jump back on it every now and then to do a few side quests etc. Canny whack it.

13. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Are the DLCs expensive?
    How many are there?
    Play time for each? :84:

I get the internet back on Monday after not having it for 5 weeks, so I might give them a go.

14. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

When the expansions came out they were like 15-20 quid each I think.

There's 2 big DLC's/expansions. Hearts of Stone is a DLC that adds about 15-20 hours of content, depending on whether you rush through it or not.

Blood and Wine is an expansion, which adds an entire new area - a huge region called Toussaint. That adds easily over 20 hours.

So you're essentially getting around 40 hours, minimum. I'd imagine you can get them for a lot cheaper now as well. Can't miss out on them.

PeeKay likes this.
  15. Bunk Moreland

£20 for the expansion pass on the PS Store which gives you every bit of DLC or wait for a sale, I got the GOTY edition for £17.

16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Absolute bargain.

17. Just Kieran Gold Member Gold Member

I will never finish this game.

18. cfcturbo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thomas burns
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Skibereen by wolfe tones
    I played the witcher but traded it back in .nowhere near as good as fallout 4 .thats probably the best game for pS4.just couldn't be bothered with the hack slash element.boring.

19. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

The Witcher 3 * all over Fallout 4.

20. Bunk Moreland

Finished Blood and Wine on Thursday night. Wow, just wow.

CD Projekt Red
    [​IMG]