1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celts67

2. Barry Robson

Had 6 months of no exercise of any kind and trying to get back fit. Been doing running and cutting out junk food the past 2 months but still struggling. Was always naturally fit and could run 5k with ease and play 7s easily, still running full pelt at the end. Now I feel as of i'm towing a caravan, legs always feel heavy and gone after a few mins. More running, on the bike and swimming will hopefully help

Lecs, neilly1987 and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  3. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Pre season for football has been put back to mid July instead of this coming Saturday so gives me a bit of leeway to get a bit fitter so I can be semi respectable while everyone else is whiteying.
    Went out a run and done some sprints on Saturday after lying in my scratcher all day until 4.30 and felt like my leg was hanging off after, had two baths on Sunday, been icing it and doing loads of stretches and was still moving a bit gingerly in work today. Cycled home from work today and managed same sprints and run again with a little extra running thrown in.
    Probably gonna have to put weights on the back burner just now though.

Lecs likes this.
  4. Mr. Slippyfist

Back hard at it the last week and a half.

Rattlin the gym, puttin in a power a shifts, back on the intermittent fasting again (which I love, and works wonders for me) was gonna mix it in with Keto, bit to be honest I cannie be * counting macros and all that * so just back to plain ol' paleo.

Feeling a good bit of difference already, although the readings on the scale have actually went UP :43:

No really caring about that though cause I've been lifting heavy, feeling "bigger" in the right kinda ways, and the ol' clothes are certsinly feeling looser.

Fiferbhoy1991 and Lecs like this.
  5. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    been doing circuits past two weeks.enjoying it.gon to give that body pump a try at the glasgow club.

6. TimFloyd Gold Member

well Got some blood tests back and my thyroid is completely *, would explain a lot tbh

Thyroid Function
    THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE *0.009

FREE THYROXINE *4.520

Ranges are

Hormone mIU/L 0.27 - 4.20

free thyroxine pmol/L 12.00 - 22.00

7. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

What does this mean, going forward ?

8. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Whenever I did pre-season I didnt so much as look at my weights. * that.

9. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    :56:

10. TimFloyd Gold Member

Not sure will need to go get test done from my gp.

I have been supplementing with exogenous t3 so my levels should be way above normal, something isn’t right (clearly my t3 that I have been getting is either bunk or underdosed) but still my levels shouldn’t be at that.

11. Free the Adblock Gold Member Gold Member

Good luck either way.

12. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Got one of the guys at the gym to put me on a circuit routine as I was sick of just doing what I wanted.

Lasts about 76 mins and tried it out yesterday. Deid after it but definitely feels like it will be worthwhile and make a difference faster.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  13. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    What prompted getting blood tests mate? If you don’t mind me asking? Symptoms I mean.

14. Sween

What is your eating schedule like when you fast? Im curious to try it but dont really know much about it

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Usually do anywhere between 6/8/10 hours of eating depending either on how I'm feeling or what I'm trying to achieve.

Generally speaking I don't eat or drink after 10pm at the latest, and don't break my fast until at least 12pm the next day - so that's 14 hours of fasting most of it done during my sleeping hours.

Of course you can do more or less, most I've done is about 36/38 hours only with water and black coffee.

You can also tailor your fasting hours to suit your own lifestyle, if you work lates or nigbtshifts or earlies....whatever.

I find it keeps my mind more productive.

Mr Shelby and Sween like this.
  16. TimFloyd Gold Member

I’m on TRT

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Ah right, sound :50:

TimFloyd likes this.
  18. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Back at it this week properly after a month or so picking at the gym.

Incredible how much strength you lose being away from it even for a short period. Before i stopped was up at 140kg deads for reps and 95kg bench for reps at about 95kg bodyweight. Dropped 15kg of each lift and still struggled a bit.

neilly1987 likes this.
  19. TimFloyd Gold Member

Sorry to further explain I actually thought I had metabolic syndrome caused by cortisol levels ie stress, lack of sleep etc as I have real trouble losing the last bit of fat round my waist (have a killer 4 pac :giggle1:

So got a full blood panel done as I need to do a testosterone and estrogen a test regularly to make sure they are in range and as the test included cortisol test as well as thyroid test I thought why not.

Have always thought cortisol was my problem but my levels were bang on and it seems the thyroid is the culprit, will get an official test done with gp once I’m back my holiday and see where to go from there.

Sorry if that doesn’t make sense btw I’m kinda fucki g smashed

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    Lecs and Marty McFly like this.
  20. Lecs

I've been a big unhealthy fat * recently, I've given myself until the end of July as my weigh-in date so still got plenty of time to lose 12 odd pounds.

Been watching a lot of YouTube videos on easy healthy meals and stuff like that. So I'll be saving money and just generally a lot stricter with my meals. Also bringing in healthy packed lunches to work and stuff. Cutting back the carbs.

Gonna have a bit of a mad day on Saturday with golfing and watching the boxing later so no doubt will be takeaways and beer getting tanned. But i think if you're strict and healthy during the week then you can get away with a bad day at the weekend.

Play 5s twice a week but would really love to go to the gym twice a week too. Thats my big downfall is not being at the gym enough. Need to really change that cycle.

ChrisMoh and neilly1987 like this.