1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    I have stopped drinking caffeine during the day at work. Used to have 4/5 cups of coffee a day. Now i only drink decaff.

I take a caffeine/energy pill before playing footy twice a week and thats me. Can actually feel the buzz now from it which helps with my energy levels playing football whereas before i would need a cup of coffee just so i didn't fall asleep!

TimFloyd likes this.
  2. TimFloyd Gold Member

That seems like the best way to do it.

But I like to abuse these type of things :giggle1:

3. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Put a stone on last month,but lookin healthier for it.Still not happy with my stomach though.But in a consistant core routine at the minute,so hopefully get results.Think i need to look at my stomach as a long term goal,as it took years of drinkin and eatin * to put on.Patience and consitency and hopefully it * off.

CalgaryBhoy likes this.
  4. celts67

5. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    On holiday so all bets are off. Going to the gym is going to hurt when I get home.

TimFloyd likes this.
  6. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Been back 3 days in a row now. Doing a more spaced out and targeting work out than the one I started out with. Looking to get back into a routine and to maintain it through school.

It's insane how much better you feel once you get back into it after the holidays. Between Christmas, New Years, and the birthdays, I've consumed way too much beer over the last 2-3 weeks.. :giggle1:

7. TimFloyd Gold Member

Same,I’ve got some serious work to get back to baseline when I get back.

8. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I'm in that mindset where even going is difficult. :56:

9. TimFloyd Gold Member

I’m the other way about I’m literally itching to get back in the gym, full of water, fat and just feel horrible :giggle1:

Should lose fair bit of water/beer weight in the first couple of weeks when I’m back.

10. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Got fives on monday and fives on tuesday for the next month in January. Done sweet * all exercise for 3 weeks so its going to be a difficult two days.

Also now my gym membership for the year has finished and cancelled have been looking into doing some BMF classes in kelvingrove park. I just can't be assed with gyms anymore and i think doing exercise outdoors and in a group will keep me interested for longer.

11. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Cardio session done today, gym was completely dead which I like.

I've just weighed myself (late I know) for the first time in about a month and I'm much lighter than I expected after all the eating and drinking I've done recently :36:

12. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Just been for a swim for the first time in 3 years. I feel * fantastic after that. Definitely going to go weekly again. 50 lengths of the 50m pool.

neilly1987 likes this.
  13. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Tonight was the first training session where I felt somewhat sharp/fit since about August, just from eating better and doing a little extra running over the last 11 days.

100% going to stick with it for the next few months so I can hopefully enjoy the rest of my season.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Got weighed tonight at the hospital. * 16 stone. * that. All put on after being banned from playing football and going out kayaking ffs. Only allowed to walk at moderate speed on flat ground now.
    5ft 11"" Had been 14.5 stone of solid muscle for years due to playing football 3 times a week but mostly my job.
    One illness and I went from 14.5 to 10 stone in about 11 days then over about a year went up to 17 stone, got down to about 15 and now it's going up again ffs.

15. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Really hitting my stride right now, a lot of it down to going to the gym with a couple of my close friends. Both have been very encouraging and persistent with work outs. I've been going about my new routine and feeling great for it. Didn't think I would like going with friends as much as I do, but its been class. Hit a personal best on bench today, and now approaching (finally) 140 lbs. Sounds *, but thats the most I've weighed ever. Resetting my goal of 150 lbs by 6 months. If I can get that by June/July, I'll be very happy with the progress.

16. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    How often do you go chum?

17. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Last couple weeks I've gone 4-5 times a week. Had a friend back from school and another off work so we've gone together regularly.

18. Tulf

Anybody read Bigger Leaner Stronger by Michael Matthews?

Lost four and a half stone last year by just generally cutting oot *, as having pretty awful anxiety at times and no wanting to leave the house got me up to 23 stone.

Never heard of the book or the author but reading through it currently as it was only £1.59 for my kindle. So far it seems like he thinks you just need to get your numbers right in terms of macros, eat nutritious food, lift heavy weights and maybe the odd bit of cardio.

Never really bothered with macros or anything, usually just end up no eating properly and feeling like *.

But aye, anybody read it?

19. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    No but I think I want to.

20. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I'm starting back this coming week.

Can anyone recommend a decent workout to put myself through? I never set up a programme with any of the guys at the gym and can't really be arsed.

Was just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation to me. I'll only be going 4 times a week max for about an hour each time. Just looking to mainly do cardio and some machine weights. Not overweight but got flab forming which I want to get rid of and tone up.

Also looking to go swimming for one day a week as it's free and included in my membership.

Diet I'm not overly concerned about. I eat a fair bit of pasta, lean meats and veg already and can easily get into eating fruit as well, I was before.