1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread!

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Joe T, Dec 29, 2011.

Discuss The Weightloss/ Getting Fit Thread! in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It's cheap but the quality varies a lot. Chicken is good, no water whatsoever out them. Mince is the same, next to no fat. Their sausage and their burgers drown themselves in fat when you cook them. Suppose that doesn't matter in this context!

I got 2 plastic bags full of meat for 52 quid and that included 8 sirloin steaks. Still not fully through the lot and that was at least 6 weeks ago.

2. Mr. Slippyfist

Christ, that's some deal then.

Might hit them at the start of the next month, stock the freezer up. Been using lidl for their chicken for ages, but the quality is starting to go down a bit, and their prices going north.

3. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    chucked the rabbit food last week,as its not doing my muscles any good.going to try and stick to fish though instead of going full meat.changing from vegetarian to Pescetarian.do muscle food do sea food?just checked they do.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

If you follow the guy if you've got Facebook or the missus does or whatever he posts deals almost daily, you get a main deal and then a daft add on like half a dozen steaks for 2 quid.

Not been to their Motherwell place but the Coatbridge gaff is just at the Whifflet.

5. Mr. Slippyfist

Aye, that's where I seen them through the FB.

Pretty sure they do deliveries in Glesga on a Tuesday.

6. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Aye, I'll use the delivery next time. Just wanted to see what the place was like first!

Shifty looking but it's clean and tidy :56:

7. Mr. Slippyfist

Do they do chopped pork?

:84:

8. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Place was crawling with pigs so I’d say so :fear:

9. Mr. Slippyfist

[​IMG]

10. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    tried that quark stuff,its morelike a yogurt or sour cream,defo not cheese.goes well with fajitas.been up all night with the * though so not got any excersise done,i blame that wont be buying again.

11. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Trying to get back on the straight and narrow after two takeaways and minimal exercise at the weekend. Hurt my ribs playing 5s last week but still trying to get stuff done to keep the wolf from the door but it's pretty hard going. Seems to be bruised ribs I've got, supposed to take about 4 weeks to heal but I'm kidding myself on I'll make football at the weekend. Anyone else ever had it or something similar?

12. HectorTheTaxman Formerly The Spider

Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Saw a guy in the gym yesterday with one arm in a sling. Had to admire his dedication

neilly1987 and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  13. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    i cracked my ribs, took about 6 weeks,trying to sleep is the worst and rolling about and trying to get up to do a *.only thing i can recommend is plenty of rest,you don't want to damage them further.best you don't do any sort of exercise untull there better.

neilly1987 likes this.
  14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Getting a sleep is murder. Been up since 5am because of it. Just been taking painkillers and lying with an ice pack on it at night.
    Was wanting to try and keep in some sort of routine with light exercise but dont think it will be possible.

ChrisMoh likes this.
  15. MikeyBhoy89 Stranger In Paradise

Fav Celtic Player:
    Varga
    Fav Celtic Song:
    o
    Need advice aff folk. Been piling it on since April this year. Used to be a 32 waist now need a 36. Shirts getting tight as * on the buttons - feels horrible. Even ma mates have started noticing how much bigger I am.

Thing is when a was slim and active a wasn't healthy - no eating for days/doing sit ups then binge eating for days. Been eating crap (anti anxiety medication constantly makes me feel like blood sugar is low and go on mad 1am binges). Been smoking a lot although have cut that down loads, will be finished completely next few days. A would just embarrass maself at a gym/ out running. Literally 30 secs and a would be coughing/sweating all over the shop.

16. Mr. Slippyfist

You'd be surprised at how well you'd do - even 10 mins in the gym is better than * all.

If you're too embarrassed to go to the gym (which you never should be btw!) try some home workouts then.

Here, I've been doing some a these in the house on days I don't have time to get to the gym:

You don't need to keep up with him if you're just getting back in to excercise, but just do your best :50:

17. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I haven't been doing them at all lately, but 15/20 minute HIIT workouts are brilliant. You can get as much done in them as some would get done in an hour at the gym. You really don't need fancy equipment or a gym membership to get fit.

Ideal when you've not got much time as well.

18. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Start small and just get into the habit of going for the first month or 2.Do small stuff here and there.Walking is also a good way to start,a done a lot of walking for 6 months before i joined a gym and lost a lot of weight doing that while cutting out one bad thing thing from diet for me it was fizzy drinks.Just take it easy youl start to add more stuff to your routine as u go along.

Mr Shelby, neilly1987 and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. CalgaryBhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tha Thumb
    Hit the gym lst night, maybe the third time all month. Felt good to get back at it, my leg strength is * but surprisingly my upper body hasn't skipped a beat. Hoping that November is a bit slower with school and I can get back into the groove.

20. ChrisMoh

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    done my first 5k on Thursday.

charlietully and neilly1987 like this.