1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Ultimate TC Male Grooming Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by Marty McFly, Mar 29, 2018.

Discuss The Ultimate TC Male Grooming Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Marty, from what i recall you live in Switzerland (or am i imagining that?). That eye roll on moisturiser was available in the UK for about a year then it stopped. I loved it. Is it still available in Europe?

2. TimFloyd Gold Member

@Marty McFly hasn’t even stepped outside Dundee let alone Switzerland

3. SwoopingVulture

Fav Celtic Player:
    Peter Grant
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Hope you guys wash it.

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Confusing me with someone else mate. Hill Valley I stay.

Yeah the eye roll on is still in the UK. I got it in Superdrug the other day :50:

5. MagnificentSeven Charly Musonda CSC

Dove deodorant.

Nivea shower gel.

Dax Wax for my hair.

Creed Aventus aftershave.

Hair cut every second week.

‘I-Stubble’ for my beard. Keep it at a number 3 & get a beard ‘shape-up’ at the Turkish barbers every Saturday.

I’m stunning.

neilly1987, Rendog and Aidan O’Shea like this.
  6. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I don't suppose any of you are into wet shaving?

These are the favourites of my collection. Got loads of safety and straight razer at home. Then I grew a beard....

2013 Ikon Slant Head
    [​IMG]

Muhle Carbon Shave brush
    [​IMG]
    Fitjar artisan shaving soap.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  7. Raoul Duke

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Halberstram? From Mergers and acquisitions?

8. TimFloyd Gold Member

Keep meaning to pick one of those types of razors up, would they be good for shaving the head?

9. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Erm, its definitely doable mate but the chance of nicks and cuts are probably quite high while you get used to the angles.

10. horseshoe

That's just plain filth that you're posting now, wish I had the spare bananas to afford that gear. Bought myself a Merkur 37c a while back, most I've spent on a razor so far (it will get worse I'm sure), I was worried a slant head would be too aggressive but it's smooth as silk and gets me closer than pretty much anything else, except maybe the R41, but that takes half my face with it.

I started shaving this way because I got fed up with how expensive cartridge razors were and how quickly my stubble chewed them up, really liked this idea of buying a solid razor that will last forever and getting blades by the hundred for less than a tenner, I'll save a fortune! That spiralled out of control quickly, who knew there were so many different shaving products out there, and that I have to try every one of them.

11. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

30 quid electric razor. Every two days. Splash of Cool Water. Boof, off we go!

12. Henke102

[​IMG]

Bought these 12 quid for 100 blades... alongside the type of razor you need off amazon, (which was a tenner or so). Took a bit of getting used to but it is some shave and a lot cheaper than cartridge razors. Only wet shave once a week or so, so usually put a new blade in each time as they are pretty much pennies a blade. Definitely have to take your time when using the safety blade, not a quick morning shot!

13. Buster

Jeezo mate, it’s times like this l thank * l’m a old baldy *

Johniebhoy. and Marty McFly like this.
  14. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Belter. Saves me having to find a gif or this quote online.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  15. horseshoe

Astra SP are my most frequently used blade, really sharp without being too harsh. Ebay is much better value for blades in general compared to amazon though, you'll get a hundred pack for like eight quid.

Henke102 likes this.
  16. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

Some of you have probably went to more effort finding and posting pics of the products you use than I actually take in my routine.
    Don't have a shower in mine so it's a sink bath every morning before work with radox men/original source mint/nivea for men charcoal shower gel (belter)
    Get my hair cut every second Saturday but only get anything off the top every second haircut if I feel it needs it, sometimes less often. Style it with Schwarzkopf phenoMENal moulding paste and sometimes blow-dry it or else use the V05 powder in the wee pink bottle.
    Prefer L'Oreal Men Expert or Nivea for face wash and moisturiser just whatever is on offer at the time. L'Oreal turbo booster used to be really good but they seem to have changed it recently and it's not as good now.
    Work in Boots so get a decent discount on No7 stuff so use that too.
    Use * deodorant and never used to wear aftershave to work but basically got bullied into it by the women I work with so normally one of Prada Luna Rossa/Armani Code/Diamonds/CK Encounter/Hermes/Hugo Boss/Allure Home Sport, just whichever one I grab out the drawer first.
    Trim my beard with scissors and use a Babyliss trimmer or Gillette Fusion Proglide for the neckline.
    Sometimes use the old L'Oréal beard stuff or Nivea post shave balm and they're no bad. Got that Percy Nobleman beard and stubble wash off someone who doesn't know anyone else with a beard and that's half decent aswell.
    So aye, low maintenance.

Marty McFly likes this.
  17. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

I was the same mate. Started with a cheap Muhle R89 due to the same as you. Cartridge prices were getting ridiculous but that just unleashed the beast and I then started on buying full stainless steel razers. I'd fully recommend the Ikon Slant. It's fairly mild but I kind of wish one end was closed and that the other would be open. Considering having one commissioned...

I just bought this today....

Feather Artist Club SS

I know its not a full on straight razer as I have a few but the quality of Feather is well known and it takes DE blades so I don't need to do the whole stropping routine...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  18. Johniebhoy.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Johnny thompson song
    Changed days mate,when I was growing up my maw never used as much products as some posters on here.

Sydneysider likes this.
  19. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Have i landed in a parallel universe!!!! seriously * guys........roll on moisturiser for under the eyes,nice silky wax from the USA for ur hair,talc for ur * FFS WHAT IS HAPPENING TO TALKCELTIC:101::76: images (1).jpg images (2).jpg images.jpg

LV426, Johniebhoy. and Sydneysider like this.
  20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I do use my own face scrub and moisturiser after a shave and shower but the Mrs buys all this real expensive stuff. Toner, abrasive face wash etc, some of the stuff is like £80 a bottle. She gives me the full treatment before bed every night. Never use soap.:86: