1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'World Football' started by holy pope, Dec 19, 2011.

Discuss The Transfers/Transfer Rumours Thread in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Theyre all good ages the Liverpool players as well, should be good for 5 or 6 years easy.

They should also have really strong back-up next season as well. Guys like Clyne, Gomez, Lovren, Matip, Moreno, Milner, Henderson, Chamberlain, Wijnaldum, Lallana are strong bench players nobody really top drawer but all a good standard.

2. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Be interesting to see what Kovac does at Bayern this summer.

Vidal and Lewandowski rumoured to be leaving/wanting out and Ribery and Robben needing replaced.

3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Liverpool just took 120 million off Barca for Coutinho, they could definitely afford him if he’s who they wanted.

Keeper is still the big one but they’d have one of the best attacks in Europe with a firing Bale alongside; Mane, Salah and Firmino.

Liam Scales likes this.
  4. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The fact they’ve so many average English on their books means they could sell a few for money aswell.

Lallana Clyne Henderson and Gomez could probably fetch £100m in the mental market of the EPL.

5. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Very true, Bayern are always very settled and rarwly throw about the weight that they have. COUld throw a spanner in the works for a lot of reported deals.

Valhalla likes this.
  6. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I really, really like Gomez. Think he has a big career ahead of him.

Valhalla likes this.
  7. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Aye, Solanke looks kinda pish to me if they didnt think he was up to much themselves they could probably punt him to a Bournemouth for about £15million just cause he's young like they did before with Ibe. Ings is * as well but they could probably get a good £10million for him and the Sturridge who was great before but hasnt kicked a ball in years they could probably still get £15-20million off the likes of Southampton and Newcastle for him.

Could be £40million for 3 guys not good enough that could be put to one better player like a Dembele :fear:

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bale could easily get 400/450k a week off United in this market. I can’t see Liverpool even going close to that.

9. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Bayern's recruitment always seems top drawer, don't think they'd have much problem replacing those 4. Dont know much about Goretzka but he must be good if hes getting a game for Germany so might be capable of replacing Vidal - they could probably get Gundogan as well if they wanted to since he doesnt start for Man City, up front they would probably just take Werner from Leipzig.

Wide positions will be difficult to fill since theres not many of their quality about but you wouldnt be surpised if they pulled off a signing like Hazard, Griezmann, Insigne, Reus and whoever.

10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I would be wary of signing Bale, he's almost 29 and he relies a bit on pace although he does have a great left foot and is good in the air but he's very injury prone as well.

£80-100million and massive wages like 400k a week possibly on a 4 or 5 year deal could quickly turn into money pished away if he cant stay fit or lost a yard or two of pace which is inevitable. Whole outlay would probably come to about £220million to have him for 5 seasons when he may not be at his best.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Aye, hardly watched Frankfurt under him but any highlights I seen and the cup final he seemed to not play out and out wingers which could help them transition to a post Robben/Ribery Bayern team.

Wouldn’t be surprised if they targeted someone like Son.
    Aye he’s had a torrid time with injuries but he looked immense under Rodgers.

Mind he played left back at the emirates and looked like a superstar in the making.

Liam Scales likes this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Liverpool couldn’t get close to it and United won’t either. He isn’t in the Messi/Ronaldo/Neymar bracket and those are the only guys earning those daft amounts of basic weekly wage.

13. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I disagree. United/Mourinho are in desperation mode with Pep and city and will throw whatever it takes to get it done, look at the money they gave Sanchez.

14. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’d suggest that’s a lesson learnt for the United Board personally. Mourinho and flair players don’t mix.

15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Goretzka is top drawer from what I've seen..

Tall, strong, mobile, good in possession, can break and score goals..

I don't even think Vidal had that great a time at Bayern so I imagine Goretzka will slot in perfectly..

They should go and hit Leverkusen for Brandt who is a top player and Lemar at Monaco. Bailey and Havertz are also class for them..

Brandt, Muller and Coman/Lemar wouldn't be too shabby..

Bayern don't pay big transfer fee's for 1 of the elite do they? I know they cherry pick the best in Germany whilst weakening competition but you don't hear of them going in for 100 mill rated player's..

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    I don’t think Pep would take Bale. Just doesn’t seem a Pep sorta move.

PaulM1888 and Valhalla like this.
  17. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    That Diogo Dalot United are in talks with is supposedly unreal.

Should be Valencia’s replacement.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    No, I think as their income is a bit less than Barca, Real, Man U and they dont have the near unlimited money of PSG and Man City they dont spend too big on transfer fees but they can compete with wages instead. They tend to get a lot of players on the cheap or for free.

They seem to do really smart business.

Sule, Kimmich, Alaba, Gortzka, Thiago, Tolisso, Coman - thats guys they could build a team around for the next 5/6 years or worth decent money to sell and they probably only cost them about £80-90million. The only blunder seems to have been Renato Sanches I think they paid something like £45million for him - not really that much nowadays to be fair but he seems like a dud who they'll likely struggle to get £20million back on.

Liverpool seem to be doing Bayern like business signing Van Dijk, Robertson, Fabinho, Keita, Salah, Mane, Firmino in recent years all guys like 22-26 who are good quality players likely to go up in value.

Last edited: May 29, 2018
    McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Smithy

Lewandowski's agent saying he wants a new challenge....interesting to see where he'll end up.

Some Italian newspaper running with a story that Juve had bid €40M plus Higuain for Icardi, surely * not.

20. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Real Madrid for Lewa, thats been brewing for years.