1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tennis Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Markybhoy, May 16, 2014.

Discuss The Tennis Thread in the Other Sports area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    In all my years of watching tennis, I can't remember this match-up! I really love both players and should be an exciting game!

Nadal, Djokovic, Murray, Ferrer...........they all have that one thing in common....They don't rely on their serve. Brilliant players to watch.

Now that Federer's all but done, my new pet hate is that Raonic. He's got to be the worst to watch in the top 10 out with 'Greetin face'.

2. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Murray was very aggressive today. He has to play like that for the duration of the tournament out-with this match-up! Monfils is a base-line player also but superb to watch and makes great shots in the defensive. Murray will need a couple of game plans to make the semis but if he does, it's some achievement.

Nadal v Djokovic final is so difficult to predict. The best player ever v the King of Clay!

3. pop47

Murray's had a great tournament so far and long may it continue all the way to the final,but i cant see anyone beating Novak the way he's playing,he's on a different level and make's it look so easy.

4. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

You are such a * :56:

Anyway, getting back to the real World, fantastic performance from Murray considering the fact he had no rest after an epic match in the previous round. I expect him to beat Monfils as well as despite Metrobhoy the tennis expert suggesting otherwise Murray is 2-1 on clay against him and it's Murrays worst and Monfils' best surface.

5. Markybhoy

Muguruza and Sharapova locked at one set each. This is a really good match, Muguruza can match Sharapova for power so it's a bit of an armwrestle for supremacy at the moment.

Muguruza looks like she's handling the occasion well but it'll be interesting to see how she handles losing the second set.

6. Markybhoy

That was a really good match between Muguruza and Sharapova. Muguruza is going to be one of the future stars of the women's game and once again Sharapova's will to win dragged her through a match she could easily have lost. Her and Serena are the ultimate competitors in the women's game.

The men's matches were kinda disappointing in as much as they weren't that close. Djokovic was too good for Raonic and Gulbis blew Berdych away by all accounts. Hopefully tomorrow's games will be a bit more dramatic.

7. GavCFC1

Used to be really into tennis not watched much since the US Open last year, not really sure why tbh. Always enjoy the French but only started watching it on Monday this year

8. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Raonic has to be the worst player of all time to watch. So glad Djokovic picked him off yesterday.

9. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Raonic typified someone who relies too much on his serve, players should have a base all round game that the likes of Murray, Djokovic, Federer and Nadal have. The guys backhand is not good enough to break into the top 5 or realistically challenge for majors.

10. Markybhoy

He's really not. Raonic has a better all round game than Ivo Karlovic or John Isner. Karlovic and Isner really do have nothing going for them other than their huge serve.

11. evilbunny1991

Fav Celtic Player:
    KI
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Not good enough though, the weakness on the backhand side was so obvious.

12. CELTICgirlSRB

Fav Celtic Player:
    They play for CFC just to reach the EPL. No love for CFC as deluded fans think
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Singing against English repression in English. Hahahaha, always a good laugh
    Bravo, bravo, bravo Andrea Petković!!!

A Serbian girl from Bosnia, well done, girl, I'm happy someone succeeded to get out from this shitland!

Hehehe, Ivanović and Janković couldn't do it. heheh, I'm going to "provoke" my mates and friends from Serbia.

13. md1981

Poor service game from Murray to let it go back on serve

14. md1981

Murray takes the 1st set 6-4.

15. Metrobhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo, Naka and Koki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Don't want to speak too soon but Murray's looking great here against Monfils.

16. md1981

He was playing some lovely tennis in that second set. I thought he'd do it in 4.

17. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

Murray's on course again for the maximum he can hope for in the French Open....... the semi-finals!

18. md1981

Murray can't get drawn in by the crowd.

19. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Big hold there for Murray, the set could have quickly gotten away from him had he lost that game.

20. md1981

Agreed. Monfils seemed to be renivigorated and the crowd had picked up. Just needed that game to stifle them a bit.