1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The Sopranos. (* Spoiler Alert *)

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Saul Goodman, Jan 14, 2012.

Discuss The Sopranos. (* Spoiler Alert *) in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    The ending to Sopranos * me off only marginally less than the ending of Lost, in truth.

2. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Read the second page of that blog Abu, the guy conveniently avoids explaining "why" Tony was "whacked" still. And this after explaining how Chase is a genius and leaves everything there for us all to see it should we look deep enough, doesn't believe in certain things etc. etc.

Very interesting piece of work, and he has got some crackin points, but I find it hard to take his word for it as he is in no way affiliated with Chase, The Sopranos or anyone else to do with the show. That, hope :icon_mrgreen:, and the fact I just can't see a logic for Chase killing him off and not having a reason. :50:

3. Celtic abu

Aye, its a good read. There are a lot of aspects where he looks too much into it and kinda over analyses it. I really don`t know what to make of the ending tbh. Its annoying me like * :56: I kinda want them to release one last epsiode or a movie. But on the other hand, that would just ruin the ending which was class when you think about it. *, they`re making me think too much :icon_mrgreen:

4. Higgie

Best TV series I've watched for years without a shadow of a doubt. Watched every single episode at least 5 times each haha. It's interesting to see some mixed opinions about the ending by the way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 29, 2013
  5. Al Bootyerbaws

They should have kept it going.

I don`t know anybody who wasn`t hooked after watchin a couple of episodes.

Now what will happen if it does come back is they will probably leave it too long and everybody will be too old and it`ll no be the same and not as good. :31:

6. CheGuevara

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It starts again on Sky Atlantic from Series 1, episode 1, next wednesday evening!

7. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

He was killed, of course he was.

I really don't want to believe it in the hope that it comes back for a new series but he was killed.

We will get the movie explaining who killed him and why, therefore tying up the loose ends.

A fitting end to an amazing series.

8. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Unfortunately you, I, nor anyone else except Chase and possibly the writers and a couple of the actors cannot say this for sure. It's part of the reason this thread is not just us all simply saying "it was brilliant", but mentioning the ending and the inconclusiveness of it.

Theories are just theories until proven otherwise. I still would love to hear Chase explain what the ending meant/why or who would even kill him anyway, rather than saying just "it's the ending, it's all there if you want to see it" because the ambiguity with that sentiment is clearly deliberate, everyone takes something different from it:50:

9. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

Sorry mate, I never meant to come across as arrogant by saying that.

I've just watched so many videos and read so many blogs about the ending and the only one that fits is that he was killed.

The only loose end in my opinion is 'who' and 'why'?

I believe we will get a movie in the next couple of years explaining that.

10. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Nah you didn't mate no worries :50:

Aye I've read a few blogs as well and the YouTube videos are always decent. I admire the detail these fans go in to but I still haven't saw one who can put all the editing/terminology to one side - realise that the normal fan has invested a lot of time getting right into the Soprano world and the storylines and characters - and come up with a viable plot line (i.e. a who done it & why) that would explain it in any way. I just don't see how everything else can be tied up in the plot as well as on many different levels, but what would be the most important and memorable moment of the whole thing - Tony's death - would be committed by a non-entity storywise for a arbitrary reason as far as we know. I love the explanations and think it's very admirable to pick up on such a lot of things, but the simplest questions have still never been answered. Unless Chase et al. chose to do so.

I also can't see a film happening if he did die, because without Tony there is no Sopranos (and a great many of the other important characters died as well) :50:

11. Montero Gold Member Gold Member

I really hope they don't make a movie the ending was perfect in my opinion and it should just be left at that.

12. stew37

When i first saw the ending i thought it was pretty *, but ive grown to like it, i dont see how they could have ended it any other way. It would be a bit weird if it just had someone coming in and shooting Tony dead, or the whole family slaughtered and then end credits lol, so i think that it pretty much leaves it up in the air, even though i dont really see how it could ever continue.

13. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Same mate tbh.:50:

14. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Not sure how good a movie would be with so many main characters dead. Would be interesting though.

15. Sean Daleer Free Palestine Gold Member

The New York Family are still quite strong imo.

16. Seán_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Not with many people we know from the series though. And again, if Tony happened to be killed after all, the movie would be a non-starter imo. He is essentially the whole show. Clutching at straws to bring out a movie without him imo.

One about Johnny Bhoy Soprano/Junior growing up would be interesting as * though. That won't happen either right enough :56:

17. Sonny7

Me and the misses in third season of this, helluva * brilliant show. Ordered season 4 last night.

18. TimFloyd Gold Member

That would be fantastic :50:

19. Celtic abu

I`m re-watching it again on Sky Atlantic. There are some brilliant moments of comedy in it as well. I would say Chris was my favourite character followed by Silvio and Paulie

20. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Love it, the stuff you pick up on watching it the 2nd/3rd time around is mad aswell.