1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The right to die

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by TimFloyd, Feb 10, 2018.

Discuss The right to die in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

Great post Jeannie, and i can relate to what you're saying.

This is a very complex subject, one that is hard to define or categorize in terms of illness or condition, we can have certain views/opinions but when it comes to a loved one , it becomes deep and emotional, sometimes you have to live thru a family members illness to really understand it, personally i adhere to the last 3 words in bold.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  2. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    We discussed this subject at length, when I studied philosophy at school. I couldn't decide on a definitive answer then and I still can't. Much of it revolves around whether or not we have the moral right to end a life. Even with terminally ill people, it's difficult to assess at what point their quality of life is so low that it's acceptable.

3. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Truth is Minty we don't know what we would do if we were asked to do it and we don't know in what circumstances we might do it. Then there's the living with the knowledge of how you went about it if you had to do it.

4. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I agree. Living with the knowledge that you helped kill someone you love can't be an easy burden to bare, regardless of how much they wanted it.

Jeannie960 likes this.
  5. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If you have ever been asked to pull the plug ( life support) then watch the person live for another 3 days ( my Mother).

i was lucky as one of my daughters is a senior in a hospital and she had a great rapport with the nurses.
    We sat beside my mothers bed having a laugh and joking , which helped us all my daughter told me the hearing is the last thing to go.

Euthanasia is a legal form of murder which the british government would welcome with open arms .

It would be * germany allover again except this time they would burn the bodies to feed the energy grid.

if i was that bad i would fall of a bridge so my daughter would get the insurance pay out, Euthanasia she would get * all as that would be suicide