1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The return of Mo Bangura

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by 30stm87, Nov 23, 2013.

Discuss The return of Mo Bangura in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lavelle88

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    It all comes down to his attitude. If he comes back and publicly states that he wishes to put everything behind him and give 100% to Cetic, then that's half the battle won. The other half is if he actually shows any worth on the pitch.

If we only get one of these two elements then he should be shown the door.

2. Celtic_Jorge

I've never been more underwhelmed about a player coming to CP in my life,

3. Damnati

You obviously don't remember watching Mo that much then. There is nothing wrong with Pukki's first touch. Compared to Bangura and Balde he looks like he has actually seen a football before. Both of whom have very clumsy footballing styles.

I'd actually quite like Mo to get another chance. He never got anything like the opportunities that Pukki has gotten. I think he has suffered from being classed as a striker when that isn't actually the case. He could do well on the right wing or as an attacking midfielder.

4. LoveTheTic88

AIK 2012 - 16 apps, 14 starts, 5 goals, 2 assists.

Elfsborg 2013 - 34 apps, 23 starts, 7 goals, 4 assists.

Bangura's total from the 2 loan spells in Sweden - 50 apps, 37 starts, 12 goals, 6 assists.

5. markeyboy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Great news, things are looking so much better this morning knowing Mo is back, finally we have a replacment for Hooper...

:31:

6. LoveTheTic88

Bangura can help Celtic if they 'take care' of him, says coach

Mohamed Bangura's former manager at Elfsborg believes that the striker is good enough to have a future at Celtic.

The Swedish club yesterday passed up the chance to sign Bangura on a permanent deal once his loan spell expires at the end of the year, meaning the 24-year-old will either have to return to Glasgow or be moved on once again by Celtic.

The Sierre Leone internationalist arrived on a four-year deal from AIK Stockholm for around £2.2m in August 2011 but failed to score in 16 appearances. He was loaned back to AIK in August last year before sent to Elfsborg on a similar deal at the start of 2013, scoring seven in 34 games.

Against Celtic's wishes, Bangura appeared against them in the third qualifying round of the Champions League this season. Although he failed to score in either leg, Jörgen Lennartsson, then the manager of Elfsborg manager, feels the player's performance in the first leg at Celtic Park in particular was evidence that Bangura can be of use to Lennon in the second half of the campaign.

"He is a quality player, there is no doubt about that," Lennartsson told Herald Sport. "The plan was always that he would go back to Scotland after one year to play again and if Celtic need that kind of player, if they work with him every day, and take care of him, I think he could go back there and do well.

"It's a bit of a step up from the Swedish league to the Scottish league but the people who saw the game between Celtic and Elfsborg saw the skill and qualities of Bangura shine through. That showed he can handle that level. As a lone striker, running up against the Celtic full-backs, you could see he had a high level of skill. I think he deserves another chance, although that will depend on Celtic's plans for him and the other options they have available."

Lennartsson admitted it had not been easy for Bangura to play in the European tie when Elfsborg wanted him to feature and Celtic did not. "He showed a great professional attitude and that he had the mental strength to handle that situation," he said. "It was two clubs who had different roles but it was Celtic who ended up in the Champions League so I guess they can't be too disappointed."

Elfsborg confirmed that remaining with them into the new year was not an option for the striker. "The agreement expires at the end of the year," said chairman Bosse Johansson. "He has one game left here and then he belongs to Celtic. What Celtic will do. I do not know. Either he will stay there or they may loan him out again.

"At the start of the season, we made a special effort to try to reach the group stage of the Champions League. We did not succeed, but part of that effort included borrowing Bangura during the year. The plan has not changed."

7. Bayern Bru Gold Member Gold Member

I think he looked "alright" upfront against us on his own, I'd give him another run to see if he can even just bolster our numbers upfront a bit.

8. SpellCheck92

His Celtic career is over.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I suddenly feel sick..:97:

10. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    * sake.

11. LoveTheTic88

Can't believe Elfborg's 'special effort to try to reach the group stage of the Champions League' involved Bangura being the supposed master-stroke to getting Elfsborg there. Crazy.

12. C2911

Give him a chance for *'s sake.

Posters on this forum have a terrible tendency to dismiss a player and hold petty grudges against them before they've even had a chance to prove themselves (and no, I don't think he was ever given a proper chance).

13. Mr. Slippyfist

14. Samaras13

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    LTPS
    looks like booker t

15. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

hes a celtic player so i support him and so should you guys or your not supporters

16. AlbaGuBrath

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjällby, Lustig, Brown, Lubo, McStay, Bonner
    He's back at Celtic he'll get my support.

Third time lucky?

It's worth giving him a few games if not just so we can sell him. The league is over. Other than the Scottish cup our season is over. Sad but true.

Hope we get to see more young bhoys getting a game as well.

17. Heisenberg

if he starts banging in the goals (as likely as me banging cheryl cole) then he'll be forgiven

18. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Can't believe all the hostility among the support recently, do people not know that the new Larsson is returning fucksake?

19. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He is risen.

20. Dáibhí

Lennon seems pretty open-minded about him returning;