1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The return of Mo Bangura

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by 30stm87, Nov 23, 2013.

Discuss The return of Mo Bangura in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    I suspect they'd prefer his entire purchase to simply vanish and for him to be a free agent, truth be told. IE if they could simply agree a deal for him never to return, it would potentially be the preferable end result.

Has been an unmitigated disaster from start to finish - as Hammer says, no value in even giving him game time.

As things stand, he would rightly be slap bang at the bottom of the pecking order, and that list will be lengthened come end of the January window as well.

2. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

Why the * is Watt on loan.

3. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    Because he, too, would have been bottom of a pecking order (for right or for wrong) and the idea was for him to get game time playing week in / week out in a technically superior league.

I don't disagree with the concept - unfortunately, it has obviously not worked out that way for him, for a multitude of reasons. None of which seem to be Celtic's doing, as an aside.

4. Skelleto

Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the old brigade
    Would prefer to have Watt on the bench over Pukki. *, even Bangura. Pukki is absolutely clueless and have the worst first touch i have seen in a long long time.

5. Tulf

As has already been said he is at the bottom of a list of players that will no doubt be lengthened in January. Had high hopes for the guy coming here, but as of now I personally would look to off-load the guy. He won't get a game here, and we have basically made the money we spent on him back through loan deals.

6. pokerbhoy74

Send him out to Groningen on loan in January if that tie-up starts

7. KRS-1888 Scott La Rock

:50:

We could've sure done with him,rather than Pukki or Balde.I believe Watt scored more in his debut than the both of them have to this date,it's a really miserable record.

8. Daver

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo. A phenomenon
    I was really quite happy when he went on loan, as I was certain Celtic hadn't just spunked 5 million - with Stokes on the cards - for Watt to get the nod ahead of any of them. Thought to myself "a good stint over there will do him the world of good."

Alas no.:54:

9. TheHolyGoalie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Artur Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bangura was given 3 starts in his whole Celtic career (4 if you include the Steaua friendly, when he scored) one against Hearts when we were in turmoil, one against Udinese when I thought he played no bad and one against St.J when he set up a goal.

He needs another chance!

10. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    * him...that's the guy who publicly said that Celtic was a stepping stone for him and tried to get Kelvin Wilson sent off

11. Glorious1967

Donkey free him in January or let him run down his contract in the car park checking permits that could be his stepping stone to England

12. Roskopicachu

As much as i can't see him really getting another chance, he's still a Celtic player. He went out on loan, got some games under his belt and scored some goals.

That's what we wanted.

Nobody was happy about the reaction to Kelvin's challenge, but it's in the past and we have to look to the future.

He might be *, he might be alright, but either way it's been a terrible deal so far and at some point you just have to cut your losses.

13. kevgal1888

Welcome back mo :50:

14. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

:56:

15. northeast67

No space for all these maybe turn out to be a good player, use him as cash plus player for the likes of Souter :bbpd:

16. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Remember his stepping stone to England comments? What a fud.

17. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    give him 6 games to prove himself, i am sure he would like to prove a point. He acted professionally when asked to play against us. If we had a player on loan and a similar situation arose we would expect him to do likewise.

Maybe now he has been away from the club he will realize what an opportunity he has.

18. jamesfr

Play him when the season is in the bag (as if it's ever in doubt) then punt him.

19. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Your willing to * that tie up between the clubs this early :smiley-laughing002:

20. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Totally agree. To say that in public at any point is insulting to Celtic fans to put it mildly. But to say it before you have even done anything in a Celtic shirt shows he has no respect for our club. The sooner we are rid of this guy permanently the better.