1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Cross Platform] The Racing Game Thread

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Bunk Moreland, Nov 28, 2015.

Discuss The Racing Game Thread in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    It is.
    Quite a bit more difficult than the other Dirt games but winning a rally super stage for the first time after about 30 rallies is a brilliant feeling :smiley-laughing002:

2. Vinnie BBQ Justice is lost Justice is raped Justice is gone.

Didn't even know that it was out on pc already. So it's a good game?

3. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Was out on Early Access in the summer - got it's Steam release just before Xmas.

And yes it's good. More like an old school Rally game now - or a realistic rally game should i say. None of the fireworks and gymkhana * of the Dirt games.
    If you enjoy trying to keep a RWD 400bhp car out of the ditches and trees or it's game over then this is where it's at.
    It has RallyCross too - which is OK but lacks tracks. Think theres only 3.
    And it has Pikes Peak.

And the 405 T16 so you can pretend you're Ari Vatanen :icon_mrgreen:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJsHlugRls4[/ame]

4. Senna s1979

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Sounds are spot on too...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XSk1rl4n_c[/ame]

5. Bunk Moreland

Don't expect much from GT Sport, it's not a proper Gran Turismo game.

Yeah thought it was * myself when I played it last night, seems to be a delay from your controller input until the car responds. Also there's no sense of speed in the game, going 100mph along a really tight track and it felt like you're going at 30mph. Not impressed with it at all.

6. Bunk Moreland

Sounds are quality.

Disappointed that some iconic rally cars are missing such as the older Mitsubishi Lancer Evo's, Toyota Celica GT-Four ST185 and ST205 and Toyota Corolla WRC, Audi Sport Quattro S1 E2 and Peugeot 206 WRC. Hopefully they'll add them as DLC.

7. Lennon2011

Playing Forza Horizon 2 a lot just now great fun online with a few mates and will probably pick up forza 6 soon.

Seen a few of you talking about this coming to consoles this year and here's the first gameplay clip

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRS-y2LopOU[/ame]

8. Bunk Moreland

The more I read into Assetto Corsa the less I'm looking forward to it.

No pitstops, dynamic weather (or weather effects in general in this case) and night racing is a game breaker for me, especially as it's supposed to be a sim. I'm assuming also since there's no pitstops there's no tyre wear or fuel consumption? Furthermore the graphics in that video look a bit suspect to me, especially compared to Project Cars and Driveclub. I think it will be a game where I'll buy it when the price drops considerably.

9. Bunk Moreland

New Project Cars DLC out Friday

[ame]http://youtu.be/0SwSNNIttp8[/ame]

10. Bunk Moreland

Sebastien Loeb Rally Evo DLC now on the PS Store at £6.49 per car! I thought EA took the * with DLC but almost £7 for a virtual car! * *. In comparison the last Project Cars DLC cost around £5 for 4 cars and a track, plus everyone got the monthly free car.

11. Bunk Moreland

Assetto Corsa’s Console Release Has Been Postponed

As you’ve no doubt gathered from the title, there’s a bit of unfortunate news to report: Kunos Simulazioni and publisher 505 Games have announced that Assetto Corsa’s venture onto consoles has been postponed. While it will no longer release as originally intended, the new release dates have been confirmed to be June 3rd for Europe, and June 7th for North America.

While this is a bump on an otherwise promising road, 505 Games explains that the additional time spent in development will “ensure the console release delivers the most polished experience for simulation racing fans.” This bodes well for the console release of the game as it lines up with Massarutto’s insistence that the game would not be watered down when ported to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4.

When the awaited racing sim does land on consoles it will run at 1080p on the PS4, while the Xbox One version will have to sacrifice resolution at 900p. However, both versions will run at 60fps.

“We fought a lot to have full HD also on Xbox One, but there’s no way for us to do it. Forza did a very good job – but they have dedicated libraries. Regardless, they did a really good job. When I played the game, I thought ‘wow’. They’ve done such a good job with the visuals.”

What this means for the original PC version is currently unknown, but with the 1.5 update already in the pipeline, promising to completely overhaul the quality of the game’s tracks, the wait could definitely be worth it for console-goers.

https://www.gtplanet.net/assetto-corsas-console-release-has-been-postponed/

ScouseHoops likes this.
  12. Sonny Crockett

Fav Celtic Player:
    Alan Stubbs/Jackie Mac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Billy Bhoys
    Forza coming to PC. Been wanting to play that game for years.

13. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Forza 6 is * hot, love the game.
    Can't wait for Dirt Rally to come out for Xbox one.

14. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Got Dirt rally the other day, cracking game the graphics are brilliant.

ScouseHoops likes this.
  15. Bunk Moreland

16. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    I'm playing it now and loving it. Its pretty realistic. There is tyre wear, some form of dynamic weather and pit stops.

17. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Really into F1 2016 at the moment, solid game. First Codies F1 game I've bought since 2011.

Driving for Williams in my second season in career mode, building them up to dominance before jumping ship to McLaren and fighting against the beast of my own making. Goal is to get McLaren and Williams on equal footing at the front of the pack before seeing out the back end of the career trying to revive Ferrari and then maybe one last season back where it all started with Williams.

Playing 100% races though so it will probably take a year or so to do, by that time there will be the new game out!

18. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Yeah apparently they took * for the last few years games and have really sorted this years out, which got my interest but I'm busy playing FH3 and Assetto Corsa for racers and the next racer I will buy will be Dirt 4......

19. ScouseHoops Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace/The Huddle Song!
    Good youtube channel this guy, bit of a racing master especially at Assetto Corsa, heres some basic tips on how to ace racing games

20. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I've yet to get Forza 6, hired out 5 and thought it was * compared to 4, really light on content with the move to next gen. Waiting for it to go on sale at some point.

I like the way F1 concentrates on getting the little things right for all the nerds: formation laps, virtual safety cars, actual safety cars, it's all so accurate. Driving in the wet is an absolute * as well, have to get your tyre choices between inters and wets spot on.

My favourite tracks to drive are probably Canada (great flow), Monaco (one mistake and you're *), Brazil (different feel to the modern tracks with great elevation changes) and Singapore (really tricky, technical circuit).

ScouseHoops likes this.