1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

The price of some products

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by smokie899, Feb 21, 2018.

Discuss The price of some products in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    This always pops into my head. How can companies make products with little or no technology, research costs and expensive materials used.
    An example. Today I bought two internal doors for the house, total for doors with handles and hinges was £560 ffs it's two pieces of wood with a bit of glass in them. Can't be much costs in terms of design and production.
    A while back we got a new upvc front door with two side panels. Cost including fitting £1800. I used to make doors and windows in Dessian and know they aren't that dear to make. It took two men three hours to rip out and fit. Ffs you you could get a decent second hand car for that price.
    But the killer was last year, a new mattress 8 * hundred quid. Like what da * is inside it, a bit of coiled metal, some spongey * and a bit of fabric. And it wasn't even one of the more expensive ones just middle of the road. * that.
    Yet the other day we bought a pressure plate thingy for the child's cot. It's a pressure plate with a mobile receiver that has the room temperture, a night light and sounds an alarm when the child moves. When I say move its has an adjustable setting which can change for the babies weight so it only goes off if the baby is really moving about as in the bas awake and not just moving in its sleep. The price £68. Cheap.
    Anything else anyone thinks the price is just not right for what you get.
    Edit. * sofas to, the * price of them is wild